5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I tried to install the Vice Designs rear tow hook brackets on my truck. These are to allow you to use your factory front tow hooks o the rear. Unfortunately, they will not work with the Borla tips. Unless you want about a 2" gap between the bumper cut out and the tip.

The last picture is the gap with just the bracket installed, and the tip is hitting the bracat. As you can see in second picture, the rip will have to come down at least another inch just to get the hook on, and even more if you don't want the tip to rub.
PXL_20221212_224507692.jpg PXL_20221212_224746030.jpg PXL_20221212_224808824.jpg

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I tried to install the Vice Designs rear tow hook brackets on my truck. These are to allow you to use your factory front tow hooks o the rear. Unfortunately, they will not work with the Borla tips. Unless you want about a 2" gap between the bumper cut out and the tip.

The last picture is the gap with just the bracket installed, and the tip is hitting the bracat. As you can see in second picture, the rip will have to come down at least another inch just to get the hook on, and even more if you don't want the tip to rub.
View attachment 145924 View attachment 145925 View attachment 145926
I would rather have the Borla tips if I had to choose.

U

User_63152

Backed into a flippin’ mailbox. I was backing out of my Grandson’s home and I guess I just wasn’t paying attention. It was very dark on that street. I can’t for the life of me understand how posted mailboxes are legal in my city. Ridiculous! I swear there are no other streets in the city limits that have streetside mailboxes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There are also 2 small scratches that hopefully will buff out.

Edit - Just found out that the OEM light housings are $700!!!

DBDB2594-5987-4C4F-BA4B-758B75C4A2DB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather have the Borla tips if I had to choose.
Yeah, already talked to owner of Vice Designsz he is sending me a return shipping label and will give me a refund. Great company, just sucks it didn't work. He said they have not had anyone with Borla exhaust try them before.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Backed into a flippin’ mailbox. I was backing out of my Grandson’s home and I guess I just wasn’t paying attention. It was very dark on that street. I can’t for the life of me understand how posted mailboxes are legal in my city. Ridiculous! I swear there are no other streets in the city limits that have streetside mailboxes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 145929
Very sorry to see/hear of your damage. Had similar damage to a Subaru Forrester from an empty gym locker being blown over while moving things around from the garage. Total bill was $850 in US currency (aka cash).

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 145929
Are you…blaming…the mailbox…for this incident?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

View attachment 145929

Parksense didn't detect the mailbox?

PierreOlivier

Reaction score
I couldn’t find anything to get it fixed cheaper unfortunately, the part that broke not only holds the visor up but also allows it to rotate so you can’t glue it back into place, and there’s wires running through the middle so it would be a challenge to replace that part if you could.
I think I'm going to glue it for now. I almost never rotate it to cover the driver's window because the window is tinted and I usually wear sunglasses. I do have to say that it is a poor design. Love the truck big time but this is annoying. Thanks for you input.

gofishn

Reaction score
Perfect!! (y)

Wrangling with a topper by yourself is no joke. :unsure:

Good Job!
Until about 20 years ago, never thought anything of it.
77 with 8 ft thick as heck fiberglass, no problemo.
99, same, 2014...wait a minute, this thing is actually heavy and its only 5'7"
WTH?

Today, with my 2022 1500, Son talked me into a tonneau cover. Mostly by reminding me I'd need him to take off a real Topper.
Not sure I like it. Looking on Facebook marketplace, daily, fro a topper in my color. Already promised myself, if one pops up, less than 10 hrs away, It;s a God Given Sign.

Users who are viewing this thread