5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not interested. Too much of a control freak.....

Plus I watch way too much Sci fi TV.

Even when I have ACC on &/or lane keep assist, I’m still driving like I normally would since I’m a control freak a bit also - at least when it comes to driving. I’m a two foot driver, one hovering over the brake & the other working the skinny. It’s in the forefront of my mind that electronics fail, so if the sensors don’t pick up on the car in front of me then my brake hovering foot will be quicker to react. I drive my other vehicles like this also. So I’d keep the same mentality with this system, but driving as much as I do gets pretty old after a while. The Comma Ai thread on this forum is interesting to read their feedback.

Reaction score
I ordered them from americantrucks.com, along with black lugnuts and my leveling kit. They're rough country brand. They don't replace the small ones, they go over top. You have to loosen up all the screws on the oem ones. Take out the screw on the front one. Sandwich the new liners in and tighten down all the screws. Replace the front screw through both liners. Put a provided pushpin in the rear part of the new liner. Not too bad, and even easier if it's warmer out and they're a little more flexible. All done with the wheels on.
Thank you! .. interesting the rough country ones have you leave the front and rear. I was looking at the Mopar one’s and they say to remove front and rear liner

Last edited:

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm still stuck on the fence over wheel well liners. I like the clean look and protection for the painted surface above the tires, but don't want to lose access to wash out mud from under the bed.

Still thinking I may just scuff that painted area and spray some bedliner or undercoat.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm still stuck on the fence over wheel well liners. I like the clean look and protection for the painted surface above the tires, but don't want to lose access to wash out mud from under the bed.

Still thinking I may just scuff that painted area and spray some bedliner or undercoat.
That thought crossed my mind, too. I almost went that direction, especially since I live in a salty area. In the long run, maybe I'll wish I had. This was just easier than doing the work ha. Anything is better than looking in the wheel well and seeing blinding white though.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Every time I see the white showing on my in rear fenders I say, "I need to get liners." Then I think about all the dirt and salt that would collect up there and the problems that would cause. Below is a pic of my 2001 2500, the rear was worst before we built the flatbed. My 2000 F250 has no liners and no rust in rear fender wells. truck.jpg

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every time I see the white showing on my in rear fenders I say, "I need to get liners." Then I think about all the dirt and salt that would collect up there and the problems that would cause. Below is a pic of my 2001 2500, the rear was worst before we built the flatbed. My 2000 F250 has no liners and no rust in rear fender wells. View attachment 141091

That concerns me as well. Although, I've yet to keep a new vehicle longer than 3 years. I love this truck, and I can see myself keeping it long term, but it will likely be someone else's issue.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Every time I see the white showing on my in rear fenders I say, "I need to get liners." Then I think about all the dirt and salt that would collect up there and the problems that would cause. Below is a pic of my 2001 2500, the rear was worst before we built the flatbed. My 2000 F250 has no liners and no rust in rear fender wells. View attachment 141091
I installed a set of OMAC wheel well liners since they were the cheapest option at the time. I've been happy with them. Took my truck through a mud bog, and really it surprised my at how little.mud actually got up above the wheel well liners. Even after they started to fall out due to weight of mud stuck to them. I removed them, because I had to fix them falling out, and there wasn't much mud up there. Have also drivin through two winters with them, and no signs of rust. I do make sure to actually clean my truck every spring, making sure to get fresh clean water up under into all the nooks and crannies. It's not hed to keep the rustt away if you just clean your wheel wells good. PXL_20220611_164109944.jpg

CatServant

Reaction score
I gave mine a home…with me!
17f622c288284ac4abc7f4614100c85c.jpg

8c246b757c36b5b9a17bfed19a2dbed2.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Added center console armrest organizer tray from Amazon. For the price, it's not bad. Fit perfect, and as long as you never lift the armrest up to get underneath. The coin storage area is basically useless at that point especially since there is a coin holder from factory in center console. Could have used that space to make one of the other bins larger. And if the sides of the buns were taller to more closely sit against the list stuff wouldn't move around when lifted.

EVTIME Center Console Organizer fit for Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 2022 2021 2020 2019 Accessories Interior Storage Box Armrest Storage Tray (Blue) https://a.co/d/gS1U6zI

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added center console armrest organizer tray from Amazon. For the price, it's not bad. Fit perfect, and as long as you never lift the armrest up to get underneath. The coin storage area is basically useless at that point especially since there is a coin holder from factory in center console. Could have used that space to make one of the other bins larger. And if the sides of the buns were taller to more closely sit against the list stuff wouldn't move around when lifted.

EVTIME Center Console Organizer fit for Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 2022 2021 2020 2019 Accessories Interior Storage Box Armrest Storage Tray (Blue) https://a.co/d/gS1U6zI

Ha! Good timing. I looked at that one, but ended up getting this one - it came yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/