5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

A-TEAM

Reaction score
Shaved the tailgate badging today. Blow dryer, fishing line, goo gone, wash, clay bar, ceramic coat - just the bed today, the rest tomorrow. Double sided tape was stuck on there damn good.
I shaved my tailgate emblems today too lol. Also plasti dipped my chrome ram badge flat black.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What differences do you feel with the truck after installing these control arms?
honestly cant telll any difference i also added to the rear suspension.

feels a bit more stable. only have to change the pan bar just seems like a pain to reach haha

Attachments

• DD5DFB6D-9C5B-4F98-9C9D-0A7F8DE5BA19.jpeg
    DD5DFB6D-9C5B-4F98-9C9D-0A7F8DE5BA19.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 142

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This was from my last truck, after 5k miles of winter driving with a short commute. Quite a bit of oil, it’s all mixed up because I didn’t let it fully settle. But that’s still a bunch of crap that wasn’t ingested into my combustion chamber and valves.

I’m going on a 1500 mile road trip next month. I’ll empty the cab before and after and measure it’s contents.

For science.

7937042d203ac38788395acdc962ebc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As promised. From my weekend trip
95394e9113f9bad314f5e947a4bf066d.jpg

08101144444a582e59d9799f055d37c8.jpg

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Also Northern pa > tail of the dragon > Nashville > northern pa. Wife, two dogs, luggage, bike, traffic, 70-80 mph. Not too shabby.
28fd08d0eb76649d3de95452808a84e3.jpg

e3fb08df3fc59e1c58a01d07d593faa4.jpg

9b2fd0d67ab93d0c4494790ec4da085a.jpg

6081784acc983a0ce0380773125e93df.jpg

Nice!

I just got home from Deal's Gap area myself. Where are your Killboy pics?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Nice!

I just got home from Deal's Gap area myself. Where are your Killboy pics?

Haven’t had time to go find them yet. Won’t be anything too spectacular. My wife broke her clutch finger so she had to ride with me.

PDiddy

Reaction score
I added 2" spacers up front and 1" in the rear not long ago. I tried getting an alighnment last week and the lift at the shop broke while my truck was on it. So they couldn't finish the job. I took my truck to my local Midas today for round two of the alighnment and they didn't know how to straighten the steering wheel, which wasn't crooked in the first place. But the alighnment must have twisted it, I guess? So they didn't charge me anything. They said my wheels are good, the steeting wheel is just a little crooked. So, now I have to figure out how to recenter it. Not sure what to do. I thought maybe I could do it, but I can't find any info on doing it online. I may just take it to my dealer. Just tired of spending all these hours, just to get this alignment done.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I added 2" spacers up front and 1" in the rear not long ago. I tried getting an alighnment last week and the lift at the shop broke while my truck was on it. So they couldn't finish the job. I took my truck to my local Midas today for round two of the alighnment and they didn't know how to straighten the steering wheel, which wasn't crooked in the first place. But the alighnment must have twisted it, I guess? So they didn't charge me anything. They said my wheels are good, the steeting wheel is just a little crooked. So, now I have to figure out how to recenter it. Not sure what to do. I thought maybe I could do it, but I can't find any info on doing it online. I may just take it to my dealer. Just tired of spending all these hours, just to get this alignment done.
If the steering wheel isn't straight that's an alignment issue. Midas obviously didn't know why they are doing.

PDiddy

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not an expert, but that sounds like exactly what an alignment is for...
Seriously. I had no idea I would be on my third try to get an alighnment. Fortunately, I have not paid anything for the work done. Midas said the wheels are aligned, it drives straight, doesn't pull, and the tires should be wear evenly. The steering wheel is just crooked... Which drives me nuts. Hopefully I can find a place that can do it right. I wish I could do it myself.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously. I had no idea I would be on my third try to get an alighnment. Fortunately, I have not paid anything for the work done. Midas said the wheels are aligned, it drives straight, doesn't pull, and the tires should be wear evenly. The steering wheel is just crooked... Which drives me nuts. Hopefully I can find a place that can do it right. I wish I could do it myself.
Steering wheel crooked is a bad toe adjustment. Usually caused because they didn't have it straight when they adjusted the tie rods. So while they have the alignment set, it was set with a crooked steering wheel

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

PDiddy

Reaction score
Steering wheel crooked is a bad toe adjustment. Usually caused because they didn't have it straight when they adjusted the tie rods. So while they have the alignment set, it was set with a crooked steering wheel
Yeah, I am just going to have to get it done again. Hopefully third time is a charm.

HemiDude

Reaction score
They need to loosen tie rods on both sides, adjust to center the wheel, tighten, and then proceed/complete the alignment. Basic stuff, you just need to find a shop that does alignments for a living :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread