5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

7thapollo

Reaction score
Can I have some help finding a thread on max tire specs for the rebel w/ 4corner air ride? I saw a truck with 35/12.5/18 but it was on standard suspension. I’d like to go with 35’s but haven’t been able to find any confirmation on if this will fit with my spec. TIA

Attachments

• AF91B6B6-583A-43C2-8E11-FF7FAEDFB1FA.jpeg
    AF91B6B6-583A-43C2-8E11-FF7FAEDFB1FA.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 80

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maiden towing voyage....

Ummmm. You might need to move that car back on the trailer a little. Looks like it’s way too far forward causing too much tongue weight. Balance is extremely important. Too much weight in the back causes trailer sway that can cause loss of control. Too much weight in the front causes the front of the truck to lift, effecting the ability to steer and brake effectively. Remember, most of your braking is done with the front brakes. If the front tires can’t make good contact during braking, you’re not going to be able to stop in an emergency. There are many videos on YT that will assist you in getting it right and safe.

Last edited:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I know about the sag. I'm already planning for the installation of the rear airbags. Give a brotha a break!😶‍🌫️

As for the car position, the front clip of this car is abnormally long (dodge dart) which makes the front wheels look more rearward than normal. Add to that the placement of the uhaul trailer's anchor straps and you get the picture that I showed here.

The front wheels HAVE TO COME all the way to the front to be strapped. 🤷‍♂️

DuaneMiller

Reaction score
Bed liner question - should I have LineX or the dealer do it? Around same price unless I have LineX color match it…
I would say LineX... There is a lifetime warranty with LX, not sure what warranty, if any, the dealer offers. I had LineX do mine, and a couple of other trucks I have owned over the years, and have been very pleased with their product.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I know about the sag. I'm already planning for the installation of the rear airbags. Give a brotha a break!😶‍🌫️

As for the car position, the front clip of this car is abnormally long (dodge dart) which makes the front wheels look more rearward than normal. Add to that the placement of the uhaul trailer's anchor straps and you get the picture that I showed here.

The front wheels HAVE TO COME all the way to the front to be strapped. 🤷‍♂️

Gotcha. No judgement here, it just look off a little. I’ve never used one of those trailers before. The fold-down fenders is a pretty cool idea. Looks like a good car hauling trailer.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would say LineX... There is a lifetime warranty with LX, not sure what warranty, if any, the dealer offers. I had LineX do mine, and a couple of other trucks I have owned over the years, and have been very pleased with their product.

I think they also have a product that does not turn gray, due to UV exposure. You might need to ask them.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotcha. No judgement here, it just look off a little. I’ve never used one of those trailers before. The fold-down fenders is a pretty cool idea. Looks like a good car hauling trailer.
Yeah. The fold down fender allows you to get in and out of the car. It all worked pretty well for this first timer.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just my opinion- from that pic and knowing the weight distribution of the dart, I’d back it on. That would put the engine over the second rear axle. It’s still not ideal, but a little bit better than what you got going on now.
Now that's genius!!!

I'll remember that of I come up on this situation again. Thanks man!!!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 21 doesn't have this option

Huh. That’s surprising. It was an option in my 13 Charger. I just always figured it was one of those things that falls under “how the basics of uconnect works” type o thing.

EDIT: My bad!!!! Look under “camera” in settings!

d1fe11c820e5da19bb82512aa1d1357a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread