5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was going to install my rear spacers on my truck today, but came down with the covid, so am just taking it easy today
hope you are doing good, I got a very mild case last year. everybody reacts differently but lots of fluids and fever reducing pills did it for me

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Changed the oil, made a mess, idk how some of you don't spill a drop.

I've tried the zip lock bag and the oil udder, still made a mess.

I hate changing the oil on this truck. That is all.
After going under it I figure I would make a mess as well so took it to the dealer and while there I got distracted by a gt and forgot I was also gonna have it check for the squeaky caliper noise. Got to see the limited inventory and the mark ups still in effect. 5k on rams, 5k on jeep grand Cherokee, 10k on the wrangler 4xe, 20k jeep Wagoneer
all with dealer add ons
1500 paint & fabric prot.
1500 recovery system
$200 wheel locks.
Most of the 1500's had less equipment than my BTS and more expensive.
I almost jump in on a deal when I heard the buyer was giving the ok on the mark up. Although I didn't know which vehicle was being purchase

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
hope you are doing good, I got a very mild case last year. everybody reacts differently but lots of fluids and fever reducing pills did it for me
Yah, mild symptoms, but had head congestion and didn't want to be laying on my back under truck, and getting up and down.

Reactions: c3k
U

User_63152

It was 48 degrees here today (heat wave). Went through the high pressure car wash (no leaks from the Recon 3rd brake light (y)) . Then, it started raining. :rolleyes:

Just wanted the salt off it. Gonna snow big time over the next 2 days.

Klicht87

Reaction score
After going under it I figure I would make a mess as well so took it to the dealer and while there I got distracted by a gt and forgot I was also gonna have it check for the squeaky caliper noise. Got to see the limited inventory and the mark ups still in effect. 5k on rams, 5k on jeep grand Cherokee, 10k on the wrangler 4xe, 20k jeep Wagoneer
all with dealer add ons
1500 paint & fabric prot.
1500 recovery system
$200 wheel locks.
Most of the 1500's had less equipment than my BTS and more expensive.
I almost jump in on a deal when I heard the buyer was giving the ok on the mark up. Although I didn't know which vehicle was being purchase
They had a couple 2022 GTs in my dealer lot. $71K, no safety packages or anything, not even a spray-in bedliner! I got my fully loaded Laramie last February for $60 it's crazy.

jorzed

Reaction score
My new truck arrived at the dealer today and I was offered the paint and interior protection plan for $600. The brochure is called Ally appearance protect and a “polymeric” coating is added to the exterior to protect the paint. Also to the interior. I was told it’s warrantied for ten years and if let’s say tar or bird droppings damage the paint it’ll be repaired or buffed out at the dealer. the coating can also be reapplied if the shine wears, my quick reserch shows that this coating only lasts six months or so. Anyone have any experience with this from the dealer? yay or nay?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My new truck arrived at the dealer today and I was offered the paint and interior protection plan for $600. The brochure is called Ally appearance protect and a “polymeric” coating is added to the exterior to protect the paint. Also to the interior. I was told it’s warrantied for ten years and if let’s say tar or bird droppings damage the paint it’ll be repaired or buffed out at the dealer. the coating can also be reapplied if the shine wears, my quick reserch shows that this coating only lasts six months or so. Anyone have any experience with this from the dealer? yay or nay?
I tried to not pay for this on mind because my research and even the contract said the company would only honor the work for 1 year on the exterior, on mine at the cost of $790. I didn't think it was good deal. But apparently it was already pre-done before the dealer put the truck on the lot and couldn't get out of it. Instead I got a little more on my trade in. The thing is I felt the language was very limited to bird droppings, my truck is park under a carport at home, and at work not many bird droppings. But if it gives you peace of mind at $600 its a steal.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They had a couple 2022 GTs in my dealer lot. $71K, no safety packages or anything, not even a spray-in bedliner! I got my fully loaded Laramie last February for $60 it's crazy.
yep that is how it is right now, less truck for more money at some areas. Some in this forum have been getting some deals by going out of state.
Got my BTS also fully loaded back in march $58 msrp - than take off 5K in rebates and 0% interest. No mark ups. It did had 2K in dealer add ups. Wasn't happy about those which made me feel like I didn't get the best deal but it sure seems sweet right now. But in comparison my previous truck back in 2017 I got 10K off msrp

MontFla

Reaction score
Changed cabin filter at 8 K it needed it! Pulled the one from the cr/v with 7k it was fine???

U

User_63152

Changed cabin filter at 8 K it needed it! Pulled the one from the cr/v with 7k it was fine???
I have a feeling these trucks push/pull a lot of air through that filter. And, in turn, let a lot pass to the interior. There is always dust all over my dash. More than any other vehicle I have had in the past. I don't even drive that much. Also, I do not live in a dusty area.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a feeling these trucks push/pull a lot of air through that filter. And, in turn, let a lot pass to the interior. There is always dust all over my dash. More than any other vehicle I have had in the past. I don't even drive that much. Also, I do not live in a dusty area.
If they pull a lot of air through the filter, how would dust get past it?

I don't live in a dusty area either, but they sand the crap out of the hill to my house and the road is very dusty this time of year. I have very little to no dust on my dash.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, but what if you crack the window and break the cabin filtration loop? Do you want the passengers that get in your truck 3 days later to be hospitalized? No, I don't think you do.
I still have a few months before we have window down weather. I was hoping that midget Fauci would lift the mask mandate by then. Wishful thinking I suppose. 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread