5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Changed the oil, made a mess, idk how some of you don't spill a drop.

I've tried the zip lock bag and the oil udder, still made a mess.

I hate changing the oil on this truck. That is all.

Tesla

Reaction score
I ran it through the car wash even though its going to rain all day tomorrow. Good thing I got a car was membership with unlimited washes. i go at least twice a week

The last few times I’ve gone to the car wash, the remaining water droplets freeze all over my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brunzca

Reaction score
Got a bunch of sound deadening done today. Probably about 70-75% finished now, but a lot of the rest is small pieces around the vents and stuff in the center of the rear wall, so another day of work, probably. Then I can put the carpet back down in the rear, mount the sub amp, put the seats back in, and re-attach all the trim pieces. Maybe by the time I get done with all of that, my Fox box will get here. Lol.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah man those are great during winter. I'm lucky to have a few choices locally that run anywhere from around $20-$50 a month depending on which wash plan you go with. Even at $50 a month it's a no brainer to keep these things as rust free as possible. I run mine through once a week during winter if I can (as long as it's not 20 degrees or colder) and have had my last 4 rams be completely rust free on the body and pretty clean on the underside as well.
We don’t have any ‘monthly plans’ places yet. I’ve seen them in cities and would totally sign up just to spray off all of the crap. Our roads are covered in Salt October - May. it really does a number on everything it touches.

Avayel

Reaction score
oh you can.... i wasn't allowed when i ordered my G/T either as they were "reserving that for the Laramie's only"... but literally the last like 4 G/T's built have all had the advanced safety group, tech group AND one even had the Night edition which i was also told you can't get with the G/T... I feel a bit ripped off. It was the only pkg i wanted that i did not get. and i really only wanted it for the BSM and a little for the surround cam... Wasn't a show stopper for me to not get it., but i've looked into adding the surround cam on forums and i will NEVER attempt it for the work and cost involved... you pay almost 2wice what the whole option pkg costs. The BSM, however might actually be able to be done for under $1k so i'll be pursuing that once i take deliv.
Oh really? Yeah online and any local dealer cannot get those options, I haven't seen a G/T with the ASG package anywhere, not even YouTube haha. I also love the red interior, that was a must for me. But of course G/T gets ventilated seats, ugh, the one thing that would make my truck perfect lol

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed remote start from 12 Volt Solutions. Piece of cake and address one of the few things I missed when I bought the Bighorn!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! I, too, installed one, different brand. Didn't think I'd care about having remote start on a truck, since my previous vehicle had been a stick Challenger. My wife convinced my to get one, and it's been great!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Are you accessing the filter from the front of the truck, going over the cross member? It's still a pain, but nothing like trying to sneak it by the 4wd and steering rack

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

And That’s exactly why I don’t change my own oil!!!
Besides that, I can bleed just looking at a wrench!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys have done a lot of great mods! I‘m very appreciative of all the great ideas! Many of which I’ve added to my truck and more.
However….in doing so, I’m spending my daughter’s inheritance on my truck trying to keep up with you guys and there may be a backlash.
If you receive a private message from a “Morgan”, it’ll be my daughter…don’t reply….just sayin. LOL

B315CDD4-543F-41A4-B12C-DD93F06B8903.jpeg

Last edited:

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you accessing the filter from the front of the truck, going over the cross member? It's still a pain, but nothing like trying to sneak it by the 4wd and steering rack

My bumper doesn't give me a good view from the front, the skid plate blocks it. I tried squeezing it by that area yesterday but I ended up tipping it over and spilling more oil 😅

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah man those are great during winter. I'm lucky to have a few choices locally that run anywhere from around $20-$50 a month depending on which wash plan you go with. Even at $50 a month it's a no brainer to keep these things as rust free as possible. I run mine through once a week during winter if I can (as long as it's not 20 degrees or colder) and have had my last 4 rams be completely rust free on the body and pretty clean on the underside as well.
We have a touchless car wash here with full undercarriage wash. I have a membership to it. It’s called Foamshine Lava Wash. Cost me $35 a month with unlimited washes up to one per day. No brainer to have the membership. I’m through there 2-3 times a week. With a white truck, gotta keep it clean and get the salt off. E0DFEF66-438D-47A3-9604-A57B9D2A02A2.jpeg

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced the chrome lug nuts with black McGard lugs.

IMG_0366.jpg IMG_0367.jpg
BTW......does anyone know if McGard makes the OEM lugs for Ram? The locking lug nut socket that came in the Mopar package had McGard stamped on the side!

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
I went to college with a scholarship. Got my degree with no college debt.
Ditto. Then was full-time Instructor at Univ. of Wisc. while I got my Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering. Job skills/knowledge always in demand so could work anywhere w/ great pay. Allowed me to travel a LOT (incl. Christmas Midnight Mass at St. Peter's Vatican w/ the Pope), retired at 62, have plenty of savings to play with my cars and great new truck.

To quote Joe Walsh "Life's been good to me so far"

Dave

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i'm so out of touch... what is considered "good money" nowadays? i also thought i made good money until reading his signature as well hahaha.

i wonder what the average income for Ram owners is. these trucks aint cheap.
I am sure there is going to be a wide variety of answers to this and many will have a different interpretation of what is "good money"

I did some Schooling then started working for the local department of Ed, been here 17 yrs, for my local area pay is above average plus the benefit package.

That said, my wife runs a business with her mom and sisters and they make wayyyy more than me, so there's that :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread