5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've done car audio builds in just about every vehicle since I was a teenager, but still not an expert by any means.

These CDT speakers are very nice and sound great. With the alpine system, they make a big difference, but they do draw more power than the stock ones and require you to turn up the bass on the radio a bit more to bring the bass level back up to stock.

My only concern with the Harmon system is everything I've read about the stock sub being obnoxious. If these make you turn up the bass, the sub is going to get more obnoxious. I've read that there was a firmware update that helped the Harmon system's issues, but it requires a dealer visit.

Fingers crossed it all works out and you love it.

What is your system lacking to your ear? Bass, clarity, vocals, etc?

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
Feels like the mid range is lacking. I listen to heavy metal where the vocals are kind of deep and growling and those frequencies feel like the bass is over riding them.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Feels like the mid range is lacking. I listen to heavy metal where the vocals are kind of deep and growling and those frequencies feel like the bass is over riding them.
CDT should help some with that. Definitely dash speakers if you haven't.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my k&n air filter, catch can, and painted engine cover...again ( 3rd time, in 1 year). Don't know if I want to keep the engine cover on, once I install the vararam Cai, blue tow hooks and other goodies that I took off my old ram.

It's progress, on a warm dreary rainy day here in the Northeast
2756a6a6ee5e6676b77a8b3fdcfd4611.jpg

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Bought a new sport hood bezel with black letters to replace my factory bezel with chrome letters. I was going to install it today but dang that thing in ON there. Yikes. Might need to go back to the drawing board.

Gadgetech

Reaction score
75 degrees in N. Ga today so I decided to take advantage of it and wash the truck.

Adam's Strip wash, Adam's Iron Remover, Pinnacle Clay Bar, Adam's Graphene Spray. I gotta say, this paint has the most imperfections in it I've seen on an FCA product. This is my 3rd vehicle from them. Little strings or something in the clear coat. This paint color doesn't really show scratches or imperfections unless you're up close though so there's that.
Also took off the dealer sticker.

51793465104_da667e3b4e_c.jpg

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
75 degrees in N. Ga today so I decided to take advantage of it and wash the truck.

Adam's Strip wash, Adam's Iron Remover, Pinnacle Clay Bar, Adam's Graphene Spray. I gotta say, this paint has the most imperfections in it I've seen on an FCA product. This is my 3rd vehicle from them. Little strings or something in the clear coat. This paint color doesn't really show scratches or imperfections unless you're up close though so there's that.
Also took off the dealer sticker.

51793465104_da667e3b4e_c.jpg
You forgot to dry it. :rolleyes:

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the mishimoto catch can I got for Christmas. Took 20 minutes to get it installed and 40 minutes to get the damn engine cover back on.

Haha. I have to admit I was trying so hard not to lean on my truck and scratch it. I had a hell of a time getting it into the Grommets in the back to hold it on.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the mishimoto catch can I got for Christmas. Took 20 minutes to get it installed and 40 minutes to get the damn engine cover back on.
Haha. Busted out laughing because same thing happened to me. Wasted 20 mins, some curses and swearing.

Took a break and had a beer. Then I just decided to lift the front just enough to see, and noticed the arrows behind it to line up up. I felt like an idiot.

Edited to include picture and the dots I put on it, to guide me in

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
55e5a8d6553d5ea7d4baebcd628824f5.jpg

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Bought a new sport hood bezel with black letters to replace my factory bezel with chrome letters. I was going to install it today but dang that thing in ON there. Yikes. Might need to go back to the drawing board.
Just swap the emblems instead of the whole bezel, that's what I did.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Got a Flowmaster muffler installed for some great growl and installed a aftermarket starter kit for use with my phone app. Working on adding ditch light brackets but the weather today is a warm -8 degrees so maybe tomorrow.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Where did you find replacement emblems? I found tons for the regular hood and actually bought some by mistake. Can't find any for the sport hood.
Remove the black emblem from the new bezel with fishing line and panel removal tool. Discard the adhesive on the back of the emblem and use new 3m emblem/trim adhesive tape on the back of it. Remove the chrome emblems and clean any residue left behind on bezel. Install black emblem on current bezel. Bezel has locator holes to line up the pins on back of emblems during installation.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered a set of 2ohm JBL 3.5” speakers for the dash corners. They have 1ohm lower impedance and 2db less sensitivity than the Infinity REF-3032cfx. I’m not really sure if they’ll be better or worse than the Infinity speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread