5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Took the dash apart again. And instead of having the cord plugged in the provide usb plug Above the radio. I ran the cord behind the radio and down. Thinking of buying a right side mount for the wife.
2e63bcf377f8aadbc4a60af576ed6dd6.jpg

e505be656dc4783cb846c10949d1b9aa.jpg

9b771f6911eac1d122cb028cef04a2e9.jpg

Einstein376

Reaction score
New Michelin tires. My OEM tires at 40,000 miles were not going to be on the truck for another winter as they were terrible in the snow.

Saw that Costco had the Michelin Defender on sale (actually their rebranded Michelin which is the Defender). So added a new set for under 900 bucks.

So far the tires are super quiet on the freeway and have much better traction in the rain and snow. So far very happy with the choice.

Jim

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New Michelin tires. My OEM tires at 40,000 miles were not going to be on the truck for another winter as they were terrible in the snow.

Saw that Costco had the Michelin Defender on sale (actually their rebranded Michelin which is the Defender). So added a new set for under 900 bucks.

So far the tires are super quiet on the freeway and have much better traction in the rain and snow. So far very happy with the choice.

Jim

Pics of said tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took the dash apart again. And instead of having the cord plugged in the provide usb plug Above the radio. I ran the cord behind the radio and down. Thinking of buying a right side mount for the wife.
2e63bcf377f8aadbc4a60af576ed6dd6.jpg

e505be656dc4783cb846c10949d1b9aa.jpg

9b771f6911eac1d122cb028cef04a2e9.jpg
NICE! I just received my USB C to USB C charge cord with 90* connector’s. Apparently, from what I’ve read, the USB C outlet has a higher charging rate than the USB C to USB A one the mount comes with. I’m doing that rerouting of the cable this weekend.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Jim
Great choice! That’s what I run on my Limited! Excellent tire!

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NICE! I just received my USB C to USB C charge cord with 90* connector’s. Apparently, from what I’ve read, the USB C outlet has a higher charging rate than the USB C to USB A one the mount comes with. I’m doing that rerouting of the cable this weekend.

Ah didn’t know the different charge rate. I did notice when I used the lower usb and not the provide usb to cigarette style outlet above radio. The phone didn’t show the large pop up on my phone but still charged. Wonder if I can order 90* on both side of the cord you mentioned. Amazon here I come.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I order and gonna try this out.

Right Angle 90 Degree Type C Cable,Type C Male to Type C Male 90 Degree Cable Up/Down Angle Charging Data Synchronization Extension Cable 3FT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KS2D612/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZFZRASWH6RD4PJ4MD8WR

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
I took that dealer name decal off of my truck tonight. Really you expect me to give you free advertising? Nope. If you want free advertising you should have cut me a better deal! LOL

The best part is it looks so much cleaner now!!
What did you use to remove the decal?

Thanks,
Dave

U

User_63152

I took that dealer name decal off of my truck tonight. Really you expect me to give you free advertising? Nope. If you want free advertising you should have cut me a better deal! LOL

The best part is it looks so much cleaner now!!
A lot of dealerships do that crap in Michigan. Thankfully, the dealership that I got my truck from doesn't do it.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I order and gonna try this out.

Right Angle 90 Degree Type C Cable,Type C Male to Type C Male 90 Degree Cable Up/Down Angle Charging Data Synchronization Extension Cable 3FT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KS2D612/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZFZRASWH6RD4PJ4MD8WR
Well I just tried the USB C TO USB C plug. It interfered with my Carlinkit 2.0 wireless Apply CarPlay plugged into the USB A below it and kept restarting it. On my iPhone it showed the charging as on then off again. I’m unsure if it’s a cheap cable I’ve got or if it just doesn’t like something else plugged in. So…..I used the supplied cable for the Mount, ran it behind the radio and down to a USB charger plugged into the 115v plug in my lower consul. Everything worked. No glitches. So I guess it is what it is.
Although….my Carlinkit Wireless Apple CarPlay is plugged into the lower USB A power and I plugged into the USB C directly above. I wonder if both ports are dedicated to the Apple CarPlay link. I think I’ll try the other port to see if it makes a difference with interference.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I just tried the USB C TO USB C plug. It interfered with my Carlinkit 2.0 wireless Apply CarPlay plugged into the USB A below it and kept restarting it. On my iPhone it showed the charging as on then off again. I’m unsure if it’s a cheap cable I’ve got or if it just doesn’t like something else plugged in. So…..I used the supplied cable for the Mount, ran it behind the radio and down to a USB charger plugged into the 115v plug in my lower consul. Everything worked. No glitches. So I guess it is what it is.
Although….my Carlinkit Wireless Apple CarPlay is plugged into the lower USB A power and I plugged into the USB C directly above. I wonder if both ports are dedicated to the Apple CarPlay link. I think I’ll try the other port to see if it makes a difference with interference.
You have 2 ports in the front each sharing an a and c and they are in the same bus so you can't have 2 things plugged into both a/c ports. You could have 2 charge only, but it isn't really recommended. Just because there are 4 ports, does not mean there are 4 usable ports.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Do you leave the USB plugs in all the time even when the truck is off? I have a USB cord that glows blue when it has power at one end and even when the truck is off, locked and left for at least half hour the light is still on in the cord so I guess this is a constant on situation so could be a battery drip drain situation and eventually kill the battery. I thought that it might have a battery kill switch regulator for that but I guess it would just eventually suck the battery dry.

b31ac

Reaction score
Installed four amber lights to the grill from Mike Burger on most of the Facebook Ram groups and finally got my Borla ATAK installed
ebc867ca85ee5e5d68c87d55c620b5c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread