5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the orientation does matter when the rear suspension is at FULL flex. The bar may tap the pumpkin or something like that. I don't imagine it would be anything serious...just a "possible" rubbing issues.
This is something I'd like to know (because I'm a nerd like that). The bar is torsioned depending on which side is leaning, so the opposite side is resisting torsion. In theory, the bar should never move enough to contact the differential cover. The reason I say that is that when the limit of the sway bar is surpassed, that's usually when tires will break traction. It also makes me wonder if that hump in the center of the bar is so the bar can be mounted closer to the differential, or for ease of maintenance of the differential cover. The reason being, the center of the bar doesn't play much of a role in resisting body roll, especially in hollow bars. Usually, in hollow bars, the material tapers from thinner in the center to thicker on the lever arms.

Now, this is probably going to bug me. I might call Hellwig soon and ask.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the upgraded sway bar make the ride any harsher? I have the air suspension and I notice an almost sideways shimmy Everytime I turn. Not like an oversteer sideways motion more like I'm pushing the tires off the wheels sideways motion
Not harsher ride at all. Just makes it feel more planted. I have mine on the middle hole. Didn’t feel the need to go to the stiffer end hole.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the upgraded sway bar make the ride any harsher? I have the air suspension and I notice an almost sideways shimmy Everytime I turn. Not like an oversteer sideways motion more like I'm pushing the tires off the wheels sideways motion
No issue with the ride with air suspension in my Limited after install.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Lovin the Katzkin!

Starting mine myself today. Wish me luck!

Stock match, all black, silver stitching
aef6b7afb82a05e3c84ff74aea0579f2.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is something I'd like to know (because I'm a nerd like that). The bar is torsioned depending on which side is leaning, so the opposite side is resisting torsion. In theory, the bar should never move enough to contact the differential cover. The reason I say that is that when the limit of the sway bar is surpassed, that's usually when tires will break traction. It also makes me wonder if that hump in the center of the bar is so the bar can be mounted closer to the differential, or for ease of maintenance of the differential cover. The reason being, the center of the bar doesn't play much of a role in resisting body roll, especially in hollow bars. Usually, in hollow bars, the material tapers from thinner in the center to thicker on the lever arms.

Now, this is probably going to bug me. I might call Hellwig soon and ask.
Sounds like one of us with the Hellwig needs to go find a ditch and get that rear axle to flex! 🤣

I believe the reason for the hump in the middle is so the sway bar can be mounted directly to the axle without coming into contact with the diff, gives it more strength than if it had to be mounted on spacers.
I am curious as well to see if at full suspension flex in one direction wether or not it would come into contact with the diff if it’s installed upside down, it will definitely rotate as the axles flexes but how much I’m not sure.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing big today but I got these door jam handles, they work pretty nicely. I put them in the back doors because there is no where to grab the door to shut it without touching the paint and I couldn’t stand it. I shut the front door by that plastic B-Pilar piece

B55EF144-4A50-40F8-8173-7893712776A4.jpeg
Also if you’re going to get these for the front door don’t get the 4-finger ones, there is no where for them to fit!

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing big today but I got these door jam handles, they work pretty nicely. I put them in the back doors because there is no where to grab the door to shut it without touching the paint and I couldn’t stand it. I shut the front door by that plastic B-Pilar piece

View attachment 108156
Also if you’re going to get these for the front door don’t get the 4-finger ones, there is no where for them to fit!
You don't like touching the paint? :oops: What? :unsure:

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score

View attachment 108156
4 hole seem to fit just fine. PXL_20211015_151054310.jpg

XmikeX

Reaction score
Installed my hellwig adjustable sway bar end links and washed it. View attachment 108165
Reading some contradicting things online, if I have STOCK height do I need the endlinks or will stock work? I've had sway bars on other vehicles but their factory endlinks were flimsy and stiffer bars would snap the stock ones so I'm trying to avoid this.

BigNorm79

Reaction score
Ballistic Rage 20x10 -19 wrapped in Toyo AT3 33x12.5…Ready Lift 2” level…. Borla S-Type.

Went with the simple level for now while we wait for the Bilsteins to come in. Ride is pretty much the same now though, just a little rougher on big bumps.

Loving the Borla S-Type. It’s not the Atak, but don’t get it twisted, it’s crazy aggressive. Will still **** off your neighbors 🤣.

The AT3s are wonderful, but should be at their top of the line price.

Pictures do not do the Ballistic Rage wheels justice. A beautiful and aggressive wheel.

5080A25A-602A-492E-8F2B-10325F058BBD.jpeg 67F77D4A-742A-499F-8F0F-10DCE3DE9E16.jpeg

Last edited:

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
Installed my ambient dash lighting. Finding the plugs was fun.

And a morning pic. Just because
6946d0638442425bc4a02bc88a416996.jpg

f16709b8272609ed23a63488ed8e164d.jpg

5185de9b7ea25c29891fdaa6d49a2e89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So all the plugs are there? Now you have me curious and wanting to do this to my lone star. If possible can you make a separate thread with parts needed and parts location?

Users who are viewing this thread