5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks better in the sun
Never would’ve thought that would be a good color for the ram, but after seeing a couple, that color is tied for my favorite.
Looks great!

PMac246

Reaction score
Never would’ve thought that would be a good color for the ram, but after seeing a couple, that color is tied for my favorite.
Looks great!
I was convinced for a long time that I would eventually get the Granite Crystal but once they allowed for the Patriot with the night package I was sold.

Aschulte13

Reaction score
Built this sub box to fit under the rear seats. Currently have two 10” kenwood shallow mounts. But should be able to fit two regular 10” w3’s. C6B8EFBE-DFF6-4D5B-82D3-D3CD99C99D6C.jpeg

Attachments

• 8EE8DD9A-BA12-4D6C-8DFB-0AD2A67BC5CC.jpeg
    8EE8DD9A-BA12-4D6C-8DFB-0AD2A67BC5CC.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 112

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Built this sub box to fit under the rear seats. Currently have two 10” kenwood shallow mounts. But should be able to fit two regular 10” w3’s. View attachment 108251
All the ladies going to want to ride in the back seat

You planning on carpet?

If not, consider this... For my bed divider I used orange peel wall texture and bedliner spray. Turned out great.

I tried a few different bedliner/undercoating sprays. The duplicolor bed armor was my favorite. Dries quick, covers wood great, and had the most texture to it.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Omiester2

Reaction score
Got new tires, Goodyear's were gone.
Pirelli Scorpion AS 3's.
These have a rim protector too unlike the Goodyear's

View attachment 107807

View attachment 107808

View attachment 107809

View attachment 107810

View attachment 107811
We put on a new set of 285-45-22XLs Pirelli Scropin Verde A/S Plus 3 on 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 w 3.92 rear end. Quiet, smooth and a bit stiffer than stock Goodyears. Sams Club price around $900ish. Had to wait a couple days for them. Recommend these for our fellow 5th Gens who don't plan on off roading.

Omiester2

Reaction score
How does it sound? Do the storage boxes in the floor still open?
Post up a build sheet for the box with dimensions and such!!
Factory has factory tire inflation says 36 psi on 22s. When put on new Pirelli did you tweak the inflation level?

Croaker

Reaction score
Yeah i think its upside down as well. Here’s mine for reference

Sounds like it still works upside down though, not sure if there’s any reason to flip it around so long as it’s not rubbing anything but I could be wrong.
Here’s how the stock sway bars look… 204C3770-7D0E-49F8-A148-D41C3CE66291.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just a little preview (wheel just rolled in front and not installed). It’s amazing how much a difference a 20 inch and a 22 inch looks compared to on paper. Just looking at these not even installed, I would pay $4300 again in a heartbeat for this setup.

it’s going to be a couple weeks before I get my suspension parts because of a part number mixup, but I’ll put these wheels on anyway after I ceramic coat them today.

B0F031A1-1557-490A-81F3-F316199C0AC4.jpeg

StringNH

Reaction score
Back in July, I downsized from a Cummins powered, 2012 Ram 2500 MegaCab to the tiny, EcoDiesel, 2021, 1500, Limited, CrewCab. I named this truck "Cripple X". I've been driving the wheels off of it, cuz that's what I do. 14 weeks, 13,000 miles. I love this truck. It averages near 28mpg for me. Yesterday, I finally put Cripple X to the test. Time to work and earn her keep.

Closing down activity at the lake. Time to bring the boat home for the winter. I asked Cripple X to work beyond its rated capacity and she did not disappoint. It ain't no Cummins but this little ecodiesel handled everything just fine. Sure it didn't accelerate as quickly up the hills but she still climbed, accelerating all the way. The pedal never saw the floor, I don't see the point to push it to redline. I worked this truck but didn't abuse it. The air suspension is also very impressive. The truck had no sag on the rear axle, even before I cranked in the weight distributing hitch.

20211016_145305.jpg 20211016_162802.jpg 20211016_162735.jpg 20211016_145330.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Back in July, I downsized from a Cummins powered, 2012 Ram 2500 MegaCab to the tiny, EcoDiesel, 2021, 1500, Limited, CrewCab. I named this truck "Cripple X". I've been driving the wheels off of it, cuz that's what I do. 14 weeks, 13,000 miles. I love this truck. It averages near 28mpg for me. Yesterday, I finally put Cripple X to the test. Time to work and earn her keep.

Closing down activity at the lake. Time to bring the boat home for the winter. I asked Cripple X to work beyond its rated capacity and she did not disappoint. It ain't no Cummins but this little ecodiesel handled everything just fine. Sure it didn't accelerate as quickly up the hills but she still climbed, accelerating all the way. The pedal never saw the floor, I don't see the point to push it to redline. I worked this truck but didn't abuse it. The air suspension is also very impressive. The truck had no sag on the rear axle, even before I cranked in the weight distributing hitch.

View attachment 108294 View attachment 108292 View attachment 108295 View attachment 108290
If you don’t mind me asking, why did you decide to downsize?

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Katzkin installed!

Still working out some wrinkles. Got the pano roof open, hoping the sun will help out with it.
2ee5a5c75ad2ec179f50fcf69e74369a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

StringNH

Reaction score
If you don’t mind me asking, why did you decide to downsize?
There were a couple of reasons for the downsize. First, I moved and no longer need to plow. Second is fuel economy. I drive a lot of miles and burn a lot of fuel. I don't see any end to fuel price increase. I remember paying better than $5 a gallon, here in the north east, during the Obama administration and I think we are on the road to exceed that. I don't know how anyone in California can afford to drive. 28mpg and about 900 mile range on a tank of fuel, with the ecodiesel is pretty good but might not stay in this truck long. I have an order in for a Tesla cybertruck and also possibly interested in what Ram has coming for electric. Big thing for me is range. If they can't get at least 500 miles on a charge, I'm not interested.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There were a couple of reasons for the downsize. First, I moved and no longer need to plow. Second is fuel economy. I drive a lot of miles and burn a lot of fuel. I don't see any end to fuel price increase. I remember paying better than $5 a gallon, here in the north east, during the Obama administration and I think we are on the road to exceed that. I don't know how anyone in California can afford to drive. 28mpg and about 900 mile range on a tank of fuel, with the ecodiesel is pretty good but might not stay in this truck long. I have an order in for a Tesla cybertruck and also possibly interested in what Ram has coming for electric. Big thing for me is range. If they can't get at least 500 miles on a charge, I'm not interested.
That’s some of my concerns also. I’m also very interested in that electric RAM, but who knows how that’ll be in real life. If it’s anything like mpg estimates, then I should expect 400 mpgE when they state 500. I’m guessing Ford will have a 500 mile battery pack by that point also. It’s an exciting time, but frustrating also. We’re getting these cool electric trucks dangled in front of us, but we have to wait years for them to actually come out.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Inaugural Woolwax bath. Only used a quart for the spray gun and a spray can for the doors/tailgate. The truck will never be clean underneath again, but at least it won't rust.

Cheapo air compressor hoses are annoying.

View attachment 108328
You must like punishment with that air hose, lol

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to have to look into what you guys are talking about- I’ve never heard of it.

Users who are viewing this thread