5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, it’s broken:(

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lawyer up and pay him the hour it takes write a nasty letter to them. A $2000 repair is cheaper for them then go to court. They'll fix it.
Also, get the media involved.

Last edited:

tsbbartholomew1

Reaction score
I still think that the lemon law would come into play because this SHOULD be covered under the powertrain warranty. In no way would this be an insurable loss as they are trying to say. Either way contacting a lemon law attorney would be the way to go in my opinion.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stupid question probably… but do I just Google lemon law lawyer for Mass?
That's what I did. Found one that was rated well, and called them. They were eager to help me every step. As far as whether they will help you with a declined warranty claim, I can't say. You can ask. In my case, our car was out of commission 59 days or so waiting on a Korean transmission, so that's how we qualified.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yikes. Yeah insurance isn’t going to cover mechanical damage that occurred without an accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you by any chance do something rough to the truck in the days/weeks leading up to the blow out? I would ask the dealer to tell you specifically what they saw that makes them think it wasn’t a defect. Tell them your property casualty guy was asking for the reason. They must see or believe something that makes them decline the repair. Or they just suck as a dealer and should be boycotted out of existence.

Another option call your local news channels They all have these consumer advocate reporters. The fact that you’re active military would only help your claim and story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Have they torn this down, or are they basing their decision from a purely visual inspection of the outside of the transfer case? I don't see how they could make any kind of determination without tearing down the diff and transfer case.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I could be wrong but doesn’t the dealer/ram have to prove that the breakdown was caused by operating it in an unsafe manner or improper maintenance? If they are telling you its not covered I would get them to inform you in writing exactly why its not covered. Then ask then for the proof that it was something you did.

22Rebel_USCG

Reaction score
Have they torn this down, or are they basing their decision from a purely visual inspection of the outside of the transfer case? I don't see how they could make any kind of determination without tearing down the diff and transfer case.
That haven’t as I understand it.

22Rebel_USCG

Reaction score
I could be wrong but doesn’t the dealer/ram have to prove that the breakdown was caused by operating it in an unsafe manner or improper maintenance? If they are telling you its not covered I would get them to inform you in writing exactly why its not covered. Then ask then for the proof that it was something you did.
I’m having a really hard time getting an actual reason why it’s not covered.

22Rebel_USCG

Reaction score
Have you tried another dealer? Or would that not help?
Ram 1800 number suggested I go to another dealer, however all the ones I called here either said “that dealer is married to that truck, it’s two months old” or said they are booked 4-6 months out.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram 1800 number suggested I go to another dealer, however all the ones I called here either said “that dealer is married to that truck, it’s two months old” or said they are booked 4-6 months out.
The truck definitely isn't married to that dealership. That makes no sense at all. "sorry you moved sir, your truck isn't covered under warranty anywhere else". Makes no sense.

I think someone @RamCares needs to call a dealership.

Camelot

Reaction score
This is really concerning to read. The fact that Stellantis just wash their hands of this don't make me feel good and confident that they will cover anything if mine ****s the bed as well. I know the fan boys will come and say 'all manufacturers have issues'. And I agree with that, but what sets a company apart is how they handle issues.

I would suggest spending a few hundred to at least speak to a good attorney about it. If they don't think you have a good case I would get it repaired on my own as someone suggested above.

Another option would be to contact RAM brand CEO direct and cut out the minions. His name is Mike Koval Jr. My guess his e-mail is [email protected]. Could also be [email protected]. Or send him a letter with FedEx.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Send in your notice of defect to the manufacturer. That basically means the manufacturer is on notice that it's not being repaired under warranty and it's now their last chance to fix it before you lemon law ( either state of federally under the MMWA ) the truck.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with the idea that a strongly worded letter from an attorney can go a long way. It's worth the few hundred bucks and if they want to take it to court I'd serve it up to them.

They're assuming most people are going to throw up their hands and just charge the repair to a credit card and not care. Screw that.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with the idea that a strongly worded letter from an attorney can go a long way. It's worth the few hundred bucks and if they want to take it to court I'd serve it up to them.

They're assuming most people are going to throw up their hands and just charge the repair to a credit card and not care. Screw that.
Don't even need to spend big money. Get a prepaid legal plan and letters and consults are covered. Most will even do arbitration and small claims and so many hours of court starting day 1.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update time…
Well I just got off the phone with the warranty people at Ram Care. I was told by them that the region manager is sticking with their decision to not fix the truck. They explained that the person had talks with the dealership and that they along with the dealer are recommending that I go through insurance. So I’m back at square one again. This sucks
Time for a lawyer to work their magic.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update time…
Well I just got off the phone with the warranty people at Ram Care. I was told by them that the region manager is sticking with their decision to not fix the truck. They explained that the person had talks with the dealership and that they along with the dealer are recommending that I go through insurance. So I’m back at square one again. This sucks

Lawyer time. It sucks, but they're there for times like this.

Users who are viewing this thread