5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water leaks!

Toytruck

Reaction score
They mentioned it early on but FCA hasn’t told me one way or the other if they came out or, obviously, if they found something wrong.

They said they’re replacing the entire sunroof assembly and crossing their fingers that it fixes the issue; their exact words! Hopeful I get the truck back this week one way or the other. The loaner vehicles I’ve been getting are crap and I can’t tow anything or being pets around. Real pain in the ****.

It’s amazing this can happen in the year 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 1500 has been ok so far since the fixed the pillar leaks.

My friend has a 2500 leaking from the overhead console, he doesnt have the sunroof and is thinking its coming from the marker lights in the roof. I guess they all leak.

J.forteza

Reaction score
My 1500 has been ok so far since the fixed the pillar leaks.

My friend has a 2500 leaking from the overhead console, he doesnt have the sunroof and is thinking its coming from the marker lights in the roof. I guess they all leak.

Your friend has a 2019? I’ve been hearing the heavy duties, for whatever reason, are the consistent problem children. Sorry to hear you had issues too.

Toytruck

Reaction score
Your friend has a 2019? I’ve been hearing the heavy duties, for whatever reason, are the consistent problem children. Sorry to hear you had issues too.

Yes

Mine has been fixed, so far so good. Time will tell though

John Thompson

Reaction score
Not sure whether it’s all of them, but the service rep said he’s gotten more and more 2019 guys coming in with similar issues. As far as HD, I’ve seen water leak forums for all the different powertrains and trims, but seems to be either brake light or sunroof drain tubing. First I’ve seen or heard of the chassis being the issue.

I have a 2019 2500
I just got a 19 2500 Laramie with sunroof and clearance lights. I have a water leak coming out of the grab handle on the A pillar. Does this sound like the sunroof pitch problem described earlier in this thread?

J.forteza

Reaction score
I just got a 19 2500 Laramie with sunroof and clearance lights. I have a water leak coming out of the grab handle on the A pillar. Does this sound like the sunroof pitch problem described earlier in this thread?

Hey John,

Turns out my sunroof was installed 1/8 inch off center at the plant; took the service folks 3 months to figure it out!

They replaced the entire sunroof assembly and glass and I haven’t had another leak yet. Folks were telling me the clearance light seals may be a culprit (but I don’t have them). Also check to see if the drain tubes are clogged.

Stay safe!

J

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi John, I regret to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your truck. Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM, as we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support while you address this with your dealer.

Hey John,

Turns out my sunroof was installed 1/8 inch off center at the plant; took the service folks 3 months to figure it out!

They replaced the entire sunroof assembly and glass and I haven’t had another leak yet. Folks were telling me the clearance light seals may be a culprit (but I don’t have them). Also check to see if the drain tubes are clogged.

Stay safe!

J

So glad to hear this update, @J.forteza!

Mark
RamCares

John Thompson

Reaction score
Hey John,

Stay safe!

J

Thanks !

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but was wondering what the final outcome of the sunroof leak was?
Have a 2020 3500 leaking from the sunroof it's been back to the dealer countless time with glass replacement, seals, and finally the whole sunroof assembly. Service Manger isn't 100% that this fixed the problem but we're going to try.

jddirk

Reaction score
My 2019 2500 (no sunroof) just developed a roof leak. Never had a problem before now. Is the 3rd brake light seal the most likely culprit? Surprising problem on such an expensive and relatively new vehicle. Sounds like Ram is little help? My local dealer is not very good so I am hesitant to spend money with them to do nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread