5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water leaking in cab

Leakyram

Reaction score
We are also experiencing a leak inside the cab of our 2019 longhorn 2500 diesel, 3k miles. Opened the door today After three days of heavy rain to a soaked headliner and drenched seats. Water was dripping out of the headliner speaker and the third brake light is flickering.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We are also experiencing a leak inside the cab of our 2019 longhorn 2500 diesel, 3k miles. Opened the door today After three days of heavy rain to a soaked headliner and drenched seats. Water was dripping out of the headliner speaker and the third brake light is flickering.

Hi @Leakyram - I am very sorry to hear your update here. To clarify, are you addressing this with your dealer? Please follow up with us via private message to provide additional details so that we may determine how to best assist you at this point.

Mark
RamCares

Ken24

Reaction score
Hi, I am wondering if anyone is having water leaking into the cabs of their 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi? We purchased our truck about two weeks ago and we had a really bad rain storm here and the next morning I go to into my truck and the entire floor board is soaking wet front drivers side was the worst but I continued to check the entire truck and it was wet all the way around on the floor around the doors mainly but the entire floor is soaked. Has this happened to anyone else. We purchased our truck in Baton Rouge la.
The water is most likely coming in from the third break light at least it was for me. Got in my truck after a real heavy rain and the driver side floor board was soaked. I didn’t know where it was coming from either. I cleaned everything then ran the water hose up to the third break light and let the water run over it for a minute and after a short moment water started flowing to the driver side floor panel. I pulled back the carpet to see where it was coming from. The water was running along the wire path. I pulled the third break light remove the foam factory seal and replace it with a marine rubber seal and added some silicone to resolve the issue.

Attachments

• BD99CB46-C949-4794-82B8-BFC13256C302.jpeg
    BD99CB46-C949-4794-82B8-BFC13256C302.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 90

brackett5

Reaction score
I have a 2018 1500 that leaked and I was told by the dealership that this is a common problem then they fixed it and charged me. I had no clue were the smell was coming from over the last 6 months so I assumed my kids were leaving stuff in the truck. I'm now still driving a mildew smelling less than 2 year old truck and I'm not happy about it. I am in the construction industry and deal with water all the time so I hope that mildew hasn't turned to mold; that's right behind and below where my kids ride. Mold is dangerous and Dodge/RAM knows about this issue and needs to make this a recall before it turns into something more. I will be having my truck checked for mold today through a 3rd party and plan on letting everyone know our findings.
BTW; this is the 2nd RAM I've had along with a Charger and 3 Jeep Grand Cherokees. We have always staid in the same lane...

griggs

Reaction score
Follow up.........just keeps getting better and better. So i was told last wed the truck was done, new headliner installed and windshield replaced. So it took 2.5 weeks to get it ready. I was told IT WAS DONE!. That means i should be able to walk into dealership and get my truck. NOPE. They had not cleaned any of the glue off my truck from the saranwrap crap they use to keep water out (cause they needed the bay), it sat in the florida sun for 4-5 days baking that glue on). So here i am ready to take the truck I have not seen in 3 weeks and I cant get it because it should have been cleaned last wed when it was supposedly fixed. I complain to service MGR and he offers to give me a ride to work and deliver truck to my work...smdh. I ask that they not wait all day to get my truck to me. They have it for 7 hours before they deliver it to my work (i had to call them) and a mechanic gets out with his work clothes on and no plastic on the leather beige seats.....(no damage that could be seen but unprofessional not to put plastic down). Anyway this is the real kick in the b... they tell me the gas was low so they were going to put some gas in it.......i get in the truck and it gives me a warning light (low fuel) WTH!!!!!!! there was an 1/8th of a tank of gas. So i call the service mgr and i ask him....." i thought you were going to put some gas in it" he says ....."We did"...i said how much like 3 gallons....enough to get them to my work but not enough for me to get home. Im just so done with Fiat/RAM whatever the hell they call themselves. First and last vehicle of theirs i ever purchase and I will make sure everyone know the pain i went through and the dealerships too.

Carqueen21

Reaction score
Follow up.........just keeps getting better and better. So i was told last wed the truck was done, new headliner installed and windshield replaced. So it took 2.5 weeks to get it ready. I was told IT WAS DONE!. That means i should be able to walk into dealership and get my truck. NOPE. They had not cleaned any of the glue off my truck from the saranwrap crap they use to keep water out (cause they needed the bay), it sat in the florida sun for 4-5 days baking that glue on). So here i am ready to take the truck I have not seen in 3 weeks and I cant get it because it should have been cleaned last wed when it was supposedly fixed. I complain to service MGR and he offers to give me a ride to work and deliver truck to my work...smdh. I ask that they not wait all day to get my truck to me. They have it for 7 hours before they deliver it to my work (i had to call them) and a mechanic gets out with his work clothes on and no plastic on the leather beige seats.....(no damage that could be seen but unprofessional not to put plastic down). Anyway this is the real kick in the b... they tell me the gas was low so they were going to put some gas in it.......i get in the truck and it gives me a warning light (low fuel) WTH!!!!!!! there was an 1/8th of a tank of gas. So i call the service mgr and i ask him....." i thought you were going to put some gas in it" he says ....."We did"...i said how much like 3 gallons....enough to get them to my work but not enough for me to get home. Im just so done with Fiat/RAM whatever the hell they call themselves. First and last vehicle of theirs i ever purchase and I will make sure everyone know the pain i went through and the dealerships too.
First off I am a salesperson at Ram dealership, 14 years now and if you were my customer, nobody would have brought you anywhere. I would have had a truck full of gas and went meet you to swap out. Second, you never would have showed up with your truck in that condition, it’ s unbelievable your sales person would not be on top of this! I have taken on a customer that I turned from a die hard Ford guy to a Ram man, didn’t get any credit for it. But when I found out his truck was leaking I contacted him and he told me all the places water came in the cab, speaker above driver whch is the most common place , A pillars and the windshield once. I have stayEd up till almost 2 AM doing research and been talking to service tech and talking to people to try to get this figured out because his trucks coming in Monday. And yours couldn’t even get you a loaner! I’m sorry for all you’re going through, it’s an issue that is probably an easy fix. The trucks are built by both people in machines pretty much and there are glitches that happen with both. The truck is an amazing and beautifully redesigned and the BEST riding heavy duty truck on the market! I’m so sorry you are having such a crappy problem, it takes away so much there is to love! I just texted my owner and told him we are taking the headliner out and for the water test instead of a low pressure water hose, we need someone to be in the bed o f the truck with a pressure washer going over every inch of the top and the tech in the cab waiting for the water. It’s always heavy rains and a regular hose just running over the top won’t duplicate the heavy rain. I will update you if we find something!!

Powersclutch414

Reaction score
Same with my 2019 Rebel. 2nd time in for the same repair. Front drivers side floor soaked after a heavy rain storm drive
I own a 2019 Ram Rebel, and have been dealing with the wet floor boards now for months. Every time it rains, or I am driving in the rain, my entire floor boards are soaking wet. This has led to mold and mildew to grow under my carpets. I brought it to the dealership, and they said they soaked it with a hose and couldn't find anything. I have had it detailed on several occasions to remove the foul smell. Honesty I dont even want to drive my $50,000 Rebel anymore because of the smell. This is my 2nd Rebel now, and if this cannot be resolved it will definitely be my last.

Rambruiser

Reaction score
I feel your pain.... I went through the same thing (plus more) until, I hired my attorney to handle it. I dropped off my ram at Fiat just over 3 weeks ago and moved on. Still a member here and check in once in awhile - to validate that I made the right decision. Hope you get it resolved soon! Best of luck!

Cnich1991

Reaction score
Digging up a kinda old thread but is there not a recall on this yet? My 19 ram 1500 I bought in October of 2018 has water stains on the rear headliner after a year or so. I (ignorantly) thought it surely couldn’t be the truck with 20xxx miles leaking at the rear window. So I cleaned the headliner thinking I must have left the sliding back glass cracked open or something when washing the truck and not noticed. NOW the truck has 40,000 miles on it so it’s out of warranty and we have have torrential rain all day and my headliner is soaked at the rear! I vacuumed the headliner and dried to avoid a mildew smell but now my truck is out of the bumper to bumper warranty and I’m thinking I’m about to get my **** kicked in at the dealership to get a common problem fixed. I absolutely love my truck other than this and grew up a Chevy guy (my dad still gives me **** for buying a “DODGE”) but this is disheartening. The only other issue I’ve had with the truck was the active air dam throwing an SES light and the dealership fixed that at 38k miles because I brought it in before for the same problem at 34k miles. Any help is appreciated!

Cnich1991

Reaction score
Also after further inspection my plastic window frame around the sliding back glass has a crack on both sides. Hopefully it will stop raining as I am taking my truck on a road trip Friday with friends and a rain leaking dang near new truck is a little embarrassing

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Also after further inspection my plastic window frame around the sliding back glass has a crack on both sides. Hopefully it will stop raining as I am taking my truck on a road trip Friday with friends and a rain leaking dang near new truck is a little embarrassing
Three things to look at: 1. Check your sunroof drains on the rear side of the cab just below the top of the bed (assuming you have one) as that has been a common issue too. 2. The cracks in the rear window frame have also been posted. 3. In addition, some have had leaks at the CHMSL (rear brake light) and resealed it with a rubber strip versus the factory foam gasket. I would get up to the dealer to look at sooner than later. Even though you are out of warranty, it may be something they will resolve because NO rear window frame should ever crack and they are aware of this issue. I also have an executive contact at FCA that helped me out on a different subject that I am willing to share so you can see if he can assist. Go down the dealer route first with the Service Manager, not some service advisor, and see what he says before you escalate.

jjhall8

Reaction score
Digging up a kinda old thread but is there not a recall on this yet? My 19 ram 1500 I bought in October of 2018 has water stains on the rear headliner after a year or so. I (ignorantly) thought it surely couldn’t be the truck with 20xxx miles leaking at the rear window. So I cleaned the headliner thinking I must have left the sliding back glass cracked open or something when washing the truck and not noticed. NOW the truck has 40,000 miles on it so it’s out of warranty and we have have torrential rain all day and my headliner is soaked at the rear! I vacuumed the headliner and dried to avoid a mildew smell but now my truck is out of the bumper to bumper warranty and I’m thinking I’m about to get my **** kicked in at the dealership to get a common problem fixed. I absolutely love my truck other than this and grew up a Chevy guy (my dad still gives me **** for buying a “DODGE”) but this is disheartening. The only other issue I’ve had with the truck was the active air dam throwing an SES light and the dealership fixed that at 38k miles because I brought it in before for the same problem at 34k miles. Any help is appreciated!
My 10 month old Silverado has the same problem. I had a 2012 Ram and 2016 Scat Pack Challenger I traded them both in and wish I had them both back. I was looking to get back into a Ram until I joined this forum and now I am having second thoughts but damn my new Silverado sucks. Grew up a Chevy guy as well and my Dad is a hardcore Chevy guy he won't even look at other cars.

Jeeum

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2019 Dodge Laramie sport crew cab fully loaded. Most expensive vehicle I’ve ever owned $62,000 plus, it’s now going in for the third time for the roof leak. First time I was told it was the roof drains for the sunroof, second time I was told it’s the brake light. The brake light was only two weeks ago. We had a soaking rain yesterday, and I checked The truck just to make sure, and sure enough the carpet in the rear of the truck is soaked again.

I called FCA Direct and got a case number. I’m dropping it off again tonight, if it doesn’t get fixed this time around for good they can have it back. I’ve owned dodges since 1997 and I never had issues before like this. I’m at a point in my life where I can finally afford a decent vehicle, and this is what I’m dealing with. To say that I’m upset would be a major understatement.

Duane

Reaction score
Jeeum,
There is another (55-page) thread on this subject, you may wish to scan.
Regardless, please take a look at the STAR Case I am attaching here; you might want to print & present to your dealership's Service Manager.
I had my cracked-frame rear sliding window replaced already under warranty; fix went smoothly & truck is bone dry once again.
Good Luck!!!!

Attachments

• STAR Case # S2023000024 Water Leak Rear Of Cab Rear Seat Or Headliner-2019 RAM.pdf
    305.2 KB · Views: 33

Gs72174

Reaction score
Jeeum,
There is another (55-page) thread on this subject, you may wish to scan.
Regardless, please take a look at the STAR Case I am attaching here; you might want to print & present to your dealership's Service Manager.
I had my cracked-frame rear sliding window replaced already under warranty; fix went smoothly & truck is bone dry once again.
Good Luck!!!!

How many miles were on your truck? Unfortunately for me I have 60,000 miles on my 2019 1500. I just picked up my truck from the dealer to get looked at. I’ve got a couple cracks in my plastic trim around the back glass and have a waterfall when it rains. Dealer told me $1050 for the back glass plus labor but they still couldn’t tell 100% what was the problem.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
How many miles were on your truck? Unfortunately for me I have 60,000 miles on my 2019 1500. I just picked up my truck from the dealer to get looked at. I’ve got a couple cracks in my plastic trim around the back glass and have a waterfall when it rains. Dealer told me $1050 for the back glass plus labor but they still couldn’t tell 100% what was the problem.
Because this is a known issue, I would request that RAM Corporate get involved to assist you in getting the window replaced. @RamCares

Duane

Reaction score
Just shy of your mileage. I have ordered multiple FCA vehicles; not that it should matter, but that may have helped.
What I did was to first telephone RAM (politely) to get a Case # set-up.
That Case # & notes goes immediately to an FCA/RAM Customer Service official who quickly communicates with your dealer, and can authorize/approve any $$ assistance for the dealer to effect repairs.
That official will also quickly communicate with you, so you know what is going on.
The dealer naturally does not want to pay for the expensive repairs, as they did not build the truck.
It does help to have a sharp & involved Service Mgr. @ your dealership, no doubt.
I really hope that you find working it this way through the factory to be as gratifying as I did, my friend.

Gs72174

Reaction score
Just shy of your mileage. I have ordered multiple FCA vehicles; not that it should matter, but that may have helped.
What I did was to first telephone RAM (politely) to get a Case # set-up.
That Case # & notes goes immediately to an FCA/RAM Customer Service official who quickly communicates with your dealer, and can authorize/approve any $$ assistance for the dealer to effect repairs.
That official will also quickly communicate with you, so you know what is going on.
The dealer naturally does not want to pay for the expensive repairs, as they did not build the truck.
It does help to have a sharp & involved Service Mgr. @ your dealership, no doubt.
I really hope that you find working it this way through the factory to be as gratifying as I did, my friend.

I opened a case with Ram Cares before I made the appointment. Unfortunately my service advisor is honestly clueless. She actually misunderstood what my problem was and thought I had a leak coming from the floor and so I had to bring in my truck a second time because they use a subcontractor that deals in water damage. Well he was clueless because all he could say is that it was the back glass but the water guy isn’t a glass guy. So I now have to get the glass guy to figure it out.

Duane

Reaction score
Give them the STAR Case; all of the work has been done for them & distilled-down into a few official color-page instructions as to how to proceed.
Sit down with the Service Mgr. if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread