5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water leaking in cab

Rambruiser

Reaction score
Hi, I am wondering if anyone is having water leaking into the cabs of their 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi? We purchased our truck about two weeks ago and we had a really bad rain storm here and the next morning I go to into my truck and the entire floor board is soaking wet front drivers side was the worst but I continued to check the entire truck and it was wet all the way around on the floor around the doors mainly but the entire floor is soaked. Has this happened to anyone else. We purchased our truck in Baton Rouge la.
This is my ride - frame cracked right in the middle, nice puddle already on back of the floor. 14k miles.

Attachments

• 49A4F903-581E-477F-ACB2-53A8548BFDCC.jpeg
    49A4F903-581E-477F-ACB2-53A8548BFDCC.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 184
  • C808DAFC-B8A1-4888-B855-05B74272F09A.jpeg
    C808DAFC-B8A1-4888-B855-05B74272F09A.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 9EBBBE94-8D77-42EB-9131-917C31A1AF32.jpeg
    9EBBBE94-8D77-42EB-9131-917C31A1AF32.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 184

jamesre

Reaction score
This is my ride - frame cracked right in the middle, nice puddle already on back of the floor. 14k miles.
I have had the exact same issue with my 2019 Ram Laramie 4X4. I have had the rear windshield replaced, sealant applied 2 time, and the rear windshield removed and reset and it still leaks. Headliner has been R2 and to do that they have to pull the damn front windshield out!

Attachments

• August 5, 2019.jpg
    August 5, 2019.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 96

Nort86

Reaction score
First time Ram owner and thanks to those who post I feel I'm in good company.
2019 Crew Cab Longhorn, no sun roof, early production Ram. Purchased a year old lot queen. Production date 11/18 purchased 11/19. After a month of ownership, being garage kept and reading your posts, I looked and noticed the infamous water stain towards the back of my headliner near one of the rear speakers. No doubt from sitting on the lot. Dealer contacted, appointment scheduled for two weeks out. Will post their findings once completed.
Great truck so far other than this issue
Update: Between waiting on parts and cleaning the headliner dealer had my truck two full days . Delivered to my home in the AM of the third day. Great sales and service departments at VANN Dodge, Vineland NJ. Truck water tested and leak located at third brake light. Same was replaced. Headliner cleaned, no stains visible. I also questioned a loose tailgate cable. Was told there is a TSB for that issue. Tailgate cables replaced.
Thanks again. Had it not been for the time you took to post these issues I would never looked at my headliner. ND

Last edited:

JustMe

Reaction score
No I do not have a sunroof,
Oh . . . :unsure: . . . goody . . . lets play 20 questions then . . . . . . . . .:rolleyes: . I'l just sit it out . . . :coffee: . . . ! Ah, Dodge, those were the days . My 2003 never leaked from anywhere, amazing . . . they should bring that Dodge truck back ! :D

JustMe

Reaction score
%-wise these tragedies surely must be a LOW anomaly ! ? But, I certainly feel everyones pain and I just can't wrap my head around HOW RAM "Quality Control" Personnel keep letting these PROBLEMS continue ! ?
My 1st thoughts continue to be . . . "WHO THE HE** ARE WORKING IN THE DEPARTMENTS that do these items ? ?
Oh, yea . . . ROBOTS ! ? But surely there are RESPONSIBLE HUMAN BEINGS over seeing the work & keeping the appropriate "tanks" full (sealant +) ! ? The correct sealant ! Starting to have 2nd thoughts . . . should I hold my breath, cross my fingers and HOPE I don't get a "Problem Child," or just keep with my tried & true, no issues Grand Cherokee ? ? :cautious: :confused: :unsure: Quality Assurance / Control must be a "lost art" ! ?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First time Ram owner and thanks to those who post feel I'm in good company.
2019 Crew Cab Longhorn, no sun roof, early production Ram. Purchased a year old lot queen. Production date 11/18 purchased 11/19. After a month of ownership, being garage kept and reading your posts, I looked and noticed the infamous water stain towards the back of my headliner near one of the rear speakers. No doubt from sitting on the lot. Dealer contacted, appointment scheduled for two weeks out. Will post their findings once completed.
Great truck so far other than this issue

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern, Nort86. If you are in need of any extra support while addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a private message. We are more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Toytruck

Reaction score
I have had the exact same issue with my 2019 Ram Laramie 4X4. I have had the rear windshield replaced, sealant applied 2 time, and the rear windshield removed and reset and it still leaks. Headliner has been R2 and to do that they have to pull the damn front windshield out!

Are these leaks from the rear glass or the third brake light mounted above the rear glass?

CHris1234

Reaction score
Hi, I am wondering if anyone is having water leaking into the cabs of their 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi? We purchased our truck about two weeks ago and we had a really bad rain storm here and the next morning I go to into my truck and the entire floor board is soaking wet front drivers side was the worst but I continued to check the entire truck and it was wet all the way around on the floor around the doors mainly but the entire floor is soaked. Has this happened to anyone else. We purchased our truck in Baton Rouge la.

Hi, Any update at to what the cause of this is? This same issue happened to my truck and the dealer can't figure it out after a lot of water testing. Please let me know. Thanks

Nort86

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern, Nort86. If you are in need of any extra support while addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a private message. We are more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares
Issue resolved by Vann Dodge, Vineland NJ. Thanks

Nort86

Reaction score
Issue resolved. Truck water tested by dealer. Water leak located at third brake light. Light replaced, headliner cleaned with no visible stains. I also questioned a loose tailgate cable. Was told there is a TSB on them. Tailgate cables replaced.
Between waiting on parts and cleaning the headliner dealer had the truck two full days. They delivered it to my house in the AM of the third day
Thanks Vann Dodge, Vineland NJ

RamCares

Reaction score
Issue resolved. Truck water tested by dealer. Water leak located at third brake light. Light replaced, headliner cleaned with no visible stains. I also questioned a loose tailgate cable. Was told there is a TSB on them. Tailgate cables replaced.
Between waiting on parts and cleaning the headliner dealer had the truck two full days. They delivered it to my house in the AM of the third day
Thanks Vann Dodge, Vineland NJ

Thank you for following up to share this update, Nort86. I am glad to hear that it sounds like you received the level of service of service we expect for our customers! Should you ever have any questions or concerns down the road, our team is always happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Bubba33

Reaction score
My Laramie crew has the same crack and they are goung to replace it.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are these leaks from the rear glass or the third brake light mounted above the rear glass?

I think it both have been issues. I had a wet headliner ended up being third brake light, no leaks since it was replaced. Figers crossed I don't get any cracks in my back window.

RamCares

Reaction score
My Laramie crew has the same crack and they are goung to replace it.

Hey Bubba33,

While I regret to hear this, I am glad to hear you are already working with your dealer on this. If any additional support is needed for the rest of your time working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a PM.

Mark
RamCares

Rambruiser

Reaction score
15k miles, 73-days in the shop and counting...

Jm19ram

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 big horn and have had all kinds of water leaking. I got my truck last day of Nov. 2018. Within a month the windshield was leaking to the left of the rear view mirror landing on the center console. Dealer said it had to be resealed. And It has been done. About 10 months later I noticed the headliner rattling and sagging a bit in the center, as I examined the headliner I noticed it was stained all across the back near the rear window. Brought the truck to the dealer to fix headliner and check for water leaking, they sealed the third brake light, ( poor job with cleaning up sealant, and still getting water.) Truck has been in multiple times and as of yesterday 1/23/20 I was told I need the rear window replaced and it's going to be 2 months before that will happen. A couple weeks before my truck went in for this service my front windshield cracked. I'm not sure how but I thought it might have had to do with the dealer pulling the windshield and resealing it earlier in the year and when we finally got a really cold stretch of weather it cracked, But of course that wasn't even a thought from dealer. So now this new windshield was installed just to be removed in 2+ months when the truck goes back in for the rear window replacement, and at that time they will remove the windshield to replace my stained headliner.
I know this was a long post but man, what an extremely annoying ordeal this has been and still on going. I'm so sick of listening to my headliner make that annoying rattling sound of something broke, and watching water continue to leak into my brand new $50k truck. God knows what else is going on, I will be looking and watching to see if the carpets get wet. I had a 2016 Express with not 1 issue that I traded in for this more expensive truck and I've been to the dealer for service more then I want to count.

Attachments

• 20191222_164023.jpg
    20191222_164023.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 20191222_164023.jpg
    20191222_164023.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20191209_175055.jpg
    20191209_175055.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 20191205_143754.jpg
    20191205_143754.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 95

Josephsprairie

Reaction score
I also have a leak in my 2019 Ram Limited, for the second time. I originally went in and they told me they would check for the leak with a smoke machine. I was told they found the leak and it was coming from the 3rd brake light. That the gasket was a split gasket and that there was a new gasket that would be replaced under warranty. I told them I think the rear window seal was probably the culprit but was assured they had fixed it. And they steam cleaned the headliner twice to remove the stains. Now I have another leaking problem and now the rear window is cracked right through on both sides of the rear slider. The headliner is stained again right up to the speakers in the headliner (I have the 19 speaker Harmon Cardon sound system). My guess is that the rear window seal is not sealing the window properly, and that the gap between the body and the window has filled with snow and melted then froze causing it to unseal the window and crack the plastic window frame. Check yours if it is cracked! My next question for my dealer is going to be about standing water inside my rear cab floor as spring is approaching and raining season is upon us, until the back ordered rear window comes in?

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
Mine got fixed, it wasn't the rear window they wound up putting a whole new 3rd brake light in after putting in a new rear window and replacing just the gasket. It was soak on the drivers side rear. My dealer pulled a 3rd brake light off of one of the trucks in there lot and tried it. They then ran water over it and it was fine. The gasket they use is a foam type gasket and will probably need replaced again in time. They pulled my headliner down and shot water over the whole truck at every angle for 45 mins.

RamCares

Reaction score
I also have a leak in my 2019 Ram Limited, for the second time. I originally went in and they told me they would check for the leak with a smoke machine. I was told they found the leak and it was coming from the 3rd brake light. That the gasket was a split gasket and that there was a new gasket that would be replaced under warranty. I told them I think the rear window seal was probably the culprit but was assured they had fixed it. And they steam cleaned the headliner twice to remove the stains. Now I have another leaking problem and now the rear window is cracked right through on both sides of the rear slider. The headliner is stained again right up to the speakers in the headliner (I have the 19 speaker Harmon Cardon sound system). My guess is that the rear window seal is not sealing the window properly, and that the gap between the body and the window has filled with snow and melted then froze causing it to unseal the window and crack the plastic window frame. Check yours if it is cracked! My next question for my dealer is going to be about standing water inside my rear cab floor as spring is approaching and raining season is upon us, until the back ordered rear window comes in?

Hey Josephsprairie,

I regret to hear this update regarding your truck. If you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message. I am more than happy to escalate your situation to a Case Manager which will provide the dealership and yourself with an individual who will review your concern, then assist you and the dealership in exhausting all available resources to have the concern addressed and resolved.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread