5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VLand Headlight Install

rasko

Reaction score
My issue is I'm getting a driver side blinker hyper flash and the dash saying bulb out.

I used the fuse wire it came with plugged it into f38 did you have this issue? Removed a 10A fuse and put the dual micro fuse plug in which has to 15 fuses in it
Did you find a fix for the hyperflash?

Reaction score
I don't remember a specific fuse being listed in the VLAND instructions back when I bought mine. They could have updated the instructions since then though. I haven't had any issues with the fuse location that I am using. I followed along with a Morimoto installation video and just replicated the same process that they did. Two different headlight brands but same procedure overall. I Linked that video below. Fast forward to 9:45 for that specific portion of the install.
Problem i see is that they say f38 but then pull the f37 5amp fuse for run/stop switch I used f38 dtcm/ active coolant temp valve and a few day later the fan died 🤷🏻‍♂️ not sure why but I probably won’t be putting these back in unless I find a better fuse location

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Problem i see is that they say f38 but then pull the f37 5amp fuse for run/stop switch I used f38 dtcm/ active coolant temp valve and a few day later the fan died 🤷🏻‍♂️ not sure why but I probably won’t be putting these back in unless I find a better fuse location
I can’t speak for F38, but I ran it in F37 for over a year without any trouble whatsoever. F35 appears to be another option and it’s actually the location Retroshop recommends using if upgrading to OEM LED headlights. After I made the switch too OEM, I swapped over to F35 with Retroshop’s adapter harness and that also has worked for me without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread