5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VLand Headlight Install

jlanc20

Reaction score
I just recieved a pair of the Vland headlights and was reading around about wiring up drl into the fuse box. I seen that Vland sends the wrong tap so I ordered the micro 2 fuse taps but havent seen a write up on exactly where to put it. The instructions show a picture but just wanted to make sure everyone that installed already put it in the same spot with no issues. Ive seen comments about F34, F60, F66 and wanted to do the right one. Also i seen a video of a guy doing this to a jeep and he moved the fuse tap up one notch? like splitting into two fuse locations? one prong in each. Any help would be appreciated as I plan on installing these this weekend. Thanks!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just recieved a pair of the Vland headlights and was reading around about wiring up drl into the fuse box. I seen that Vland sends the wrong tap so I ordered the micro 2 fuse taps but havent seen a write up on exactly where to put it. The instructions show a picture but just wanted to make sure everyone that installed already put it in the same spot with no issues. Ive seen comments about F34, F60, F66 and wanted to do the right one. Also i seen a video of a guy doing this to a jeep and he moved the fuse tap up one notch? like splitting into two fuse locations? one prong in each. Any help would be appreciated as I plan on installing these this weekend. Thanks!
I just installed the VLAND Reflector Type lights two weeks ago. Go with the spot noted below. You’ll have zero issues. I believe it is F37 if memory serves but will confirm.

Attachments

• B20E07F3-D098-4FB1-962B-1523579E98E3.jpeg
    B20E07F3-D098-4FB1-962B-1523579E98E3.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 465
  • 436228FD-6107-4A71-BEF1-92D6DD9F11F8.jpeg
    436228FD-6107-4A71-BEF1-92D6DD9F11F8.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The installation instructions on these headlights are subpar in my opinion. There are a few steps that lack information and others that are undefined entirely. YouTube was a big help for me and made it much easier to follow along. If you’re still unsure about anything during your install, shoot me a message and I’ll help guide you through it.

Last edited:

jlanc20

Reaction score
The installation instructions on these headlights are subpar in my opinion. There are a few steps that lack information and others that are undefined entirely. YouTube was a big help for me and made it much easier to follow along. If you’re still unsure about anything during your install, shoot me a message and I’ll help guide you through it.
thanks alot man i appreciate it!!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What amp in-line fuse comes with the headlights for the DRL LEDs?

U

User_76295

Any pics of the light output?
Considering grabbing a set of these, but would like to see what the lights actually look like

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

blckout

Reaction score
I just installed the VLAND Reflector Type lights two weeks ago. Go with the spot noted below. You’ll have zero issues. I believe it is F38 if memory serves but will confirm.

Getting these installed today. Would you recommend going with the fuse the mention in the instructions or F38?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Getting these installed today. Would you recommend going with the fuse the mention in the instructions or F38?
I don't remember a specific fuse being listed in the VLAND instructions back when I bought mine. They could have updated the instructions since then though. I haven't had any issues with the fuse location that I am using. I followed along with a Morimoto installation video and just replicated the same process that they did. Two different headlight brands but same procedure overall. I Linked that video below. Fast forward to 9:45 for that specific portion of the install.

blckout

Reaction score
I don't remember a specific fuse being listed in the VLAND instructions back when I bought mine. They could have updated the instructions since then though. I haven't had any issues with the fuse location that I am using. I followed along with a Morimoto installation video and just replicated the same process that they did. Two different headlight brands but same procedure overall. I Linked that video below. Fast forward to 9:45 for that specific portion of the install.

awseome thank you very much! ill forward that over to the installer

blckout

Reaction score
Everything worked out well and they look soooo sweet! Thanks for the help!

blckout

Reaction score
562363f35817fd020f085231feeb9a77.jpg

92b66969d4d1faab774ff2f25ffb2a5e.jpg

3ddbd5e2a955107ee5958412b64454d2.jpg

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same lights. They seem to be holding up fine. If they crap out I'll dish out $$ for OEM.
Thats the same thought process I have as well. I really wanted the look of the VLAND daytime running lights and decided to buy them with hopes that they function as good as they look. I haven’t had any issues for the 6 months I’ve had mine. In the event they fail, I’ll more than likely make the switch to OEM.

blckout

Reaction score
Looks good! Everything working out for you like it should? No issues with the DRL’s or anything?

edit: just seen your previous post. Good to hear!

yeah none at all! seem to be solid, turn signals are NICE

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My morimoto XB headlights have crapped out twice on me. Sick of dealing with them and the warranty process so I bit the bullet and went OEM

Did you have the hybrid, and if so what revision? Just wondering because I have the hybrid second revision and wondering if I should be worried, what went wrong on yours?

Users who are viewing this thread