5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

video/audio in motion

sutterboy

Reaction score
It is really really easy to pull the screen I have done it many times it is literally two screws and pull.
[/QU
Just an update I was able to remove cargo cam button, just made the change in tazer and performed full reboot in tazer and cargo cam button was gone. Basically the same way as I added cargo cam button. Now I have to get enough guts to tear out my screen to add cable for front camera.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
also is your truck a 5 foot 7 bed or a 6,4? I'm just trying to figure out what is different to find out why mine isnt working.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
19 ram rebel 5'7" 4x4 bed with alpine system.

I guess you tried the full reboot option in tazer?

How bad is it opening the connector to insert the wires?

sutterboy

Reaction score

if you watch the video first it's not hard at all just be careful not to break the red clip. maybe it's because I have the Harmon kardon system. yeah I do the full reboot after I change a feature I've done it multiple times now with no luck.

sutterboy

Reaction score

do you have the cd player?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if you watch the video first it's not hard at all just be careful not to break the red clip. maybe it's because I have the Harmon kardon system. yeah I do the full reboot after I change a feature I've done it multiple times now with no luck.
Do you have link to video?

sutterboy

Reaction score
Do you have link to video?

sorry I was confused it was not a video instead it was pictures from another thread that derp created search the threads for derp and find the one about adding the cargo cam

derp

Reaction score
sorry I was confused it was not a video instead it was pictures from another thread that derp created search the threads for derp and find the one about adding the cargo cam
I have been summoned?

note, I still don't do audio/video in motion, but I did get the cargo cam working via alfaobd and a MX+ obd2 adapter after installing a sgw bypass. My current work in this area is getting a goof FD can bus adapter for the raspi so I can send the wakeup commands for the cargo cam directly from the pi instead of touching all over the screen. video in via whatever source I have had bad results with as far as offset/bordering and had to do a lot of manual tuning to correct.

for giggles I tried an amazon fire TV stick to the cargo cam input, but the fire tv didn't like to do scaling/offset correction in the 5min I spent on it.

sutterboy

Reaction score
I have been summoned?

note, I still don't do audio/video in motion, but I did get the cargo cam working via alfaobd and a MX+ obd2 adapter after installing a sgw bypass. My current work in this area is getting a goof FD can bus adapter for the raspi so I can send the wakeup commands for the cargo cam directly from the pi instead of touching all over the screen. video in via whatever source I have had bad results with as far as offset/bordering and had to do a lot of manual tuning to correct.

for giggles I tried an amazon fire TV stick to the cargo cam input, but the fire tv didn't like to do scaling/offset correction in the 5min I spent on it.
one thing the tazer does do is video in motion so if that is something you're looking for it will do it.

sutterboy

Reaction score

when you do the full reboot with the tazer does it erase all your settings on the ucconect or does it just turn it off and back on

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
when you do the full reboot with the tazer does it erase all your settings on the ucconect or does it just turn it off and back on
No settings lost, just reboots. It counts down on culster from around 150, reboots and then shuts ignition off.

sutterboy

Reaction score
No settings lost, just reboots. It counts down on culster from around 150, reboots and then shuts ignition off.

thank you that is exactly what mine does ugh I had to take it to the shop today to have my steering rack looked at (steering sticks when changing lanes) and they said it depends on the build sheet I may bot be able to get the cargo cam option at all....

PMCurtis

Reaction score
I have had many vehicles that I could watch vidi6on the front screen but once you reach 15 mph, the VIM kicks in and you only get the audio.

I can even seem to get a picture on my 12" Uconnect screen, but I can get the audio without any issues. There has to be a way.

Follow this thread to hopefully find the path forward.

sutterboy

Reaction score
I have had many vehicles that I could watch vidi6on the front screen but once you reach 15 mph, the VIM kicks in and you only get the audio.

I can even seem to get a picture on my 12" Uconnect screen, but I can get the audio without any issues. There has to be a way.

Follow this thread to hopefully find the path forward.
the tazer dt will give you video in motion

sutterboy

Reaction score
It is sounding like it is something with my truck. For some reason the cargo cam option is just not available on my truck.

derp

Reaction score

I'll just leave this here
*SO CLOSE*
I've been down that road and got video, but the overscan is way off so I end up with lots of the display cut off on the right and bottom.

if any of you other beautiful folks have had this problem and found a solution I'm all ears.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
*SO CLOSE*
I've been down that road and got video, but the overscan is way off so I end up with lots of the display cut off on the right and bottom.

if any of you other beautiful folks have had this problem and found a solution I'm all ears.

@derp, Just to clarify as I'm slow at time and stuff your doing is above my head.. Lol... Do you have video working and just working on the audio portion. I want to add the front camera via the cargo cam and have the Tazer and was going to purchase cable from zauto and install as you noted in your thread. Just want to make sure this is something that works. Thx.

Last edited:

The

Reaction score
Hi, we are about to release an HDMI video interface towards the end of next week, we will contact you with information soon as it's listed. Thank you

That's from Naviks on 5/5/20

derp

Reaction score
@derp, Just to clarify as I'm slow at time and stuff your doing is above my head.. Lol... Do you have video working and just working on the audio portion. I want to add the front camera via the cargo cam and have the Tazer and was going to purchase cable from zauto and install as you noted in your thread. Just want to make sure this is something that works. Thx.
I got video and audio working and forgot to update the thread. working on HDMI pass through right now via a Raspi Capture board that is on a slow boat from china right now (literally).
The Naviks will be much simpler than what I have done just from number of parts and installation effort. what I have done is a more open ended system for general computing add on to the existing truck systems. instead of passing through youtube from your phone, I am running youtube on the raspi to the head unit as a standalone computer.

Users who are viewing this thread