5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

video/audio in motion

sutterboy

Reaction score
Can you just use the rear cam input? Maybe there's a way to toggle between the 2 input devices.
The cord or
Rear cam

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
On the 2019 non classic and newer you cannot tap into the camera because it is a lvds system. The only way in is through the cargo cam unfortunately. Hopefully zautomotive will be able to walk me through how to activate the cargo cam on monday.

derp

Reaction score
do a search for the cargo cam thread I started. it has the step by step and pinout that I used exactly.

also, what are you using as a video source?

sutterboy

Reaction score
do a search for the cargo cam thread I started. it has the step by step and pinout that I used exactly.

I am using a isimple composite to hdmi cable connected to either my phone or a chromecast type thing.

sutterboy

Reaction score

I found your thread but I cant seem to see at what point your cargo cam started appearing on the screen and what you had to do to get it to appear

derp

Reaction score
I found your thread but I cant seem to see at what point your cargo cam started appearing on the screen and what you had to do to get it to appear
I used alfaobd for that part. I thought you were getting the input option for the camera.

Did you install a security gateway module bypass yet? all of this goes nowhere without that.

sutterboy

Reaction score
I used alfaobd for that part. I thought you were getting the input option for the camera.

Did you install a security gateway module bypass yet? all of this goes nowhere without that.
I am using the tazer dt from my understanding the has the security bypass in it and has the option to turn cargo cam on and I have done that but the cargo cam option still does not appear.... My main question is will the cargo cam option appear even if it does not have a source inputting into it. because I have heard that the camera inputs can be different on these trucks and pins 21 and 22 might work for yours but it may be 24 and 25 for mine. I have put the composite cable in 21 and 22 and turned on cargo cam in the tazer dt but it still doesnt show up so my only thinking is that it is like a tv and will only give you the option when it is getting a input that's why I was asking at what point the cargo cam appeared on your screen

derp

Reaction score
I am using the tazer dt from my understanding the has the security bypass in it and has the option to turn cargo cam on and I have done that but the cargo cam option still does not appear.... My main question is will the cargo cam option appear even if it does not have a source inputting into it. because I have heard that the camera inputs can be different on these trucks and pins 21 and 22 might work for yours but it may be 24 and 25 for mine. I have put the composite cable in 21 and 22 and turned on cargo cam in the tazer dt but it still doesnt show up so my only thinking is that it is like a tv and will only give you the option when it is getting a input that's why I was asking at what point the cargo cam appeared on your screen
the taser DT absolutely does NOT have the bypass built in. they sell it in a bundle with the bypass, but it is a discrete part that needs to be installed.
^^^
Edit: That guy is wrong. he was thinking of an earlier model Taser and should be mocked for his addled memory.
HAHA OLD MAN! YOU WERE WRONG.
wait. I'm the old man.

Last edited:

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the taser DT absolutely does NOT have the bypass built in. they sell it in a bundle with the bypass, but it is a discrete part that needs to be installed.
I thought it was built-in also, for the ram classic it has a separate bypass. When I purchased the tazer dt there was no options and included nothing but the tazer dt.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

sutterboy

Reaction score
looking at the one I bought it looks like it has the bypass built in because it plugs into the same port the bypass would plug into. I'll reach out to zauto in the morning and verify. They did reply to a text today and say it can take a few power cycles for the option to show up but it has been a few days now with lots of power cycles I'm begining to think its something with my truck. Maybe because I got the 5.7 bed or the technology pack 2 but I'm really starting to think it's not possible since this is the second device I have tried and failed with.

derp

Reaction score
looking at the one I bought it looks like it has the bypass built in because it plugs into the same port the bypass would plug into. I'll reach out to zauto in the morning and verify. They did reply to a text today and say it can take a few power cycles for the option to show up but it has been a few days now with lots of power cycles I'm begining to think its something with my truck. Maybe because I got the 5.7 bed or the technology pack 2 but I'm really starting to think it's not possible since this is the second device I have tried and failed with.
I stand corrected.
The more you know!
I was thinking about the older models that were 2 piece.

sutterboy

Reaction score
so I have been in contact with zautomotive and I just have to say they have amazing customer service so far unfortunately we still haven't figured out why the cargo cam option is not showing up on my truck. We are still looking into it though but it is looking like it may be my ucconect display.

souththirty

Reaction score
so I have been in contact with zautomotive and I just have to say they have amazing customer service so far unfortunately we still haven't figured out why the cargo cam option is not showing up on my truck. We are still looking into it though but it is looking like it may be my ucconect display.
You have a 12in screen right?
Are you saying that other people with the 12in screen have got there cargo cam to work with the tazar?
Maybe ill buy one and try it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I doubt it would be display causing issue, perhaps issue with BCM???? the cargo cam button should show up by just enabling option in tazer without camera, correct??? If so when I get a chance I can try it. I would just want to make sure if it works the button would disappear when I disable option. It would be nice if zauto hung around the forums.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@sutterboy Okay just tried it on my 12in screen and I got the cargo camera button after I did a full reboot with the Tazer, did you try that?
c7da0591be1083b6245db4f4e7b45894.jpg

nselimis

Reaction score
The question i have is, Has anyone enabeled the cargo cam on a truck with the 360 degree camera system?? If yes then i finally have a reason to order the Tazer!

Thanks

@sutterboy Okay just tried it on my 12in screen and I got the cargo camera button after I did a full reboot with the Tazer, did you try that?

sutterboy

Reaction score

did you do a full reboot on the tazer or a full reboot on the ucconect screen itself? I have done multiple full reboots on the tazer and still nothing. I feel like a option my truck has is causing this not to work do you have the cd player installed on yours?

sutterboy

Reaction score
I doubt it would be display causing issue, perhaps issue with BCM???? the cargo cam button should show up by just enabling option in tazer without camera, correct??? If so when I get a chance I can try it. I would just want to make sure if it works the button would disappear when I disable option. It would be nice if zauto hung around the forums.

I am in contact with zauto they said they are having there engineers look into it and they will get back to me tomorrow afternoon.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am in contact with zauto they said they are having there engineers look into it and they will get back to me tomorrow afternoon.
Just an update I was able to remove cargo cam button, just made the change in tazer and performed full reboot in tazer and cargo cam button was gone. Basically the same way as I added cargo cam button. Now I have to get enough guts to tear out my screen to add cable for front camera.

Last edited:

sutterboy

Reaction score
Just an update I was able to remove cargo cam button, just made the change in tazer and performed full reboot in tazer and cargo cam button was gone. Basically the same way as I added cargo cam button. Now I have to get enough guts to tear out my screen to add cable for front camera.

It is really really easy to pull the screen I have done it many times it is literally two screws and pull.

Users who are viewing this thread