5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

video/audio in motion

sutterboy

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a device that will allow video and audio while in motion for the 12 inch display? For example I used the pac bci-ch41 in my 2017 ram with the 8.4 display it allowed me to hook up a av cable that I connected a hdmi converter to and streamed Netflix from my phone while in motion. so I'm looking for something that will do two things-
1. Allow audio/video cables or hdmi to connect to it.
2. Allow video in motion.

I am not sure if pac makes a new device as I can't find it. I have also searched customtronix and lockpick and they all work for 2018 model or 2019 classic but none say they work for the 12 inch display.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a device that will allow video and audio while in motion for the 12 inch display? For example I used the pac bci-ch41 in my 2017 ram with the 8.4 display it allowed me to hook up a av cable that I connected a hdmi converter to and streamed Netflix from my phone while in motion. so I'm looking for something that will do two things-

I am not sure if pac makes a new device as I can't find it. I have also searched customtronix and lockpick and they all work for 2018 model or 2019 classic but none say they work for the 12 inch display.

If they work for the 2018 and the 2019 classic does that mean they should work for the 8.4 Nav?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Following as I would be interested in something like this too

sutterboy

Reaction score
If they work for the 2018 and the 2019 classic does that mean they should work for the 8.4 Nav?
Some websites say they won't and some say they will. In my opinion the pac bci-ch41 v2 is the best because it never has to be removed for updates when the uconnect updates. it worked really well in my 2017 ram with 8.4. The device goes in between the factory radio harness and the radio so in theory if it is the same plug it will work but I haven't tried it as I have the 12 inch

Angry Ram

Reaction score
hello there i was searching and looking for something like that myself
i did contact lock picks they said they will have the complete kit ready in a month for ram 2019 new style so thats a good news and they said the new kit will have more options than the current one

best regards

Angry Ram

Reaction score
this is the last email from lock picks
Support <[email protected]>
Mon 7/8/2019 7:26 PM
To:
Charger SRT
We are still working on the unit for the 12" system however we expect to have a unit soon. I would recommend checking back in the coming months. Thanks

it seems like they r having a hard time with the 12 inch screen

darrens164

Reaction score
Its January 2020 and lock picks still have nothing.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is one company:

Check their other products, they do support 12.1 screen for video in motion, not sure about a HDMI in though

It does not support video in motion. Only In-motion lockout bypass. What that means it it will allow you to access every part of the uconnect system while in motion. They do make a VIDEO in motion as well but only for the 8.4" screen.

Stew81

Reaction score
If you are just looking to stream Netflix you can use a jailbroken iPhone and an app called Carbridge. I haven't had any luck Jailbreaking my old iPhone 6 so I haven't been able to test this myself but there are some videos on youtube that show it working. I think it allows you to use any app you want so you can watch youtube, Netflix, Prime. But that doesn't help you if you need to hook up an HDMI or AV cables to it.

Yellotsacul

Reaction score
If you are just looking to stream Netflix you can use a jailbroken iPhone and an app called Carbridge. I haven't had any luck Jailbreaking my old iPhone 6 so I haven't been able to test this myself but there are some videos on youtube that show it working. I think it allows you to use any app you want so you can watch youtube, Netflix, Prime. But that doesn't help you if you need to hook up an HDMI or AV cables to it.

You can use a jailbroken iPhone or a rooted android to watch videos through CarPlay/AA. However, with iPhone, if you are wanting to use most popular apps these days (Netflix, Hulu and so on) you would have to be on iOS 10 or lower. iOS 11 and on, Apple has implemented drm protection that won’t allow video apps to work. Only you tube and a few other random video apps like media box hd. I have 2 old iPhone 6’s I jailbroke just for this reason. One on iOS 10 and one on iOS 12. Both work great but I obviously use the iOS 10 so Netflix and basically every video app will work with the CarPlay tweak called CarBridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stew81

Reaction score
You can use a jailbroken iPhone or a rooted android to watch videos through CarPlay/AA. However, with iPhone, if you are wanting to use most popular apps these days (Netflix, Hulu and so on) you would have to be on iOS 10 or lower. iOS 11 and on, Apple has implemented drm protection that won’t allow video apps to work. Only you tube and a few other random video apps like media box hd. I have 2 old iPhone 6’s I jailbroke just for this reason. One on iOS 10 and one on iOS 12. Both work great but I obviously use the iOS 10 so Netflix and basically every video app will work with the CarPlay tweak called CarBridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn! I think my 6 is on IOS 11.

EcodieselDave

Reaction score
There is one company:

Check their other products, they do support 12.1 screen for video in motion, not sure about a HDMI in though

Have you or anyone tried this Naviks for Video in motion screen mirroring ? I also see the one by PAC

Please let me know if anyone has installed one & how she works I need one for my 2020 Ram limited

EcodieselDave

Reaction score
It does not support video in motion. Only In-motion lockout bypass. What that means it it will allow you to access every part of the uconnect system while in motion. They do make a VIDEO in motion as well but only for the 8.4" screen.

Has anyone installed any device for the 12" screen that allows Video in Motion , screen mirror or gives it an HDMI input

EcodieselDave

Reaction score

I am not sure if pac makes a new device as I can't find it. I have also searched customtronix and lockpick and they all work for 2018 model or 2019 classic but none say they work for the 12-inch display.

Did you find a Video in motion device for your 12 inch screen. I need the same

sutterboy

Reaction score
Did you find a Video in motion device for your 12 inch screen. I need the same
I still have not found anything. it looks like the post above may have something but I'm not sure if it works I reached put to tazer and they said they are not sure if it will work with 2019 ram 1500 with 12 inch display.... I'm still looking though I noticed on naviks website from the link above shows video playing on the 12 inch from a phone but doesnt say anything about video in motion....

derp

Reaction score
Heres a gamble. Lets pool together and get the navics harness for lockout. Ill test to see reliably which pins deliver chmsl video (i have a fairly good idea from some zauto docs). Once i know for sure, ill pack it up and ship it to one of the contributors, chance based on relative contribution.

Ill front 30% and pass on keeping it. That is my cost of experimentation. The other 70% is however the die rolls.

What i ultimately want is to make my own chmsl only input for another project. 85 bucks a pop and video in motion dont fit into that bill of materials.

Users who are viewing this thread