5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upfitter Switches

Aardvarkeng

Reaction score
ardvarkeng I have a 2019 DT 8.4 can you tell me what settings in alpha you turned on I can get the aux switches to even show up on my screen.
I believe these are the changes I made. It was a while ago, and my notes weren't as good then as they are now.

CBC Features: Configuration Aux Switches PTO- SIX SWITCHES
LIN & Misc: ASBM Present- YES
CustSetMenu 1: Auxiliary Switches- 3-6 OPTION

I may have done the 4 switches instead of 6, though. But this is what I have documented. I will check when I get a chance.

FM45

Reaction score
@ buckeye2019 ... if you got the 8.4 w/out NAV, the Aux switches may not populate on the radio. I added the 3 setting changes thru Alfa to a customers Ram 2 days ago and no changes as of this a.m. Still testing, but it doesn't look hopeful for the non nav. It definitely would make a great addition to all trim levels..
Aux 6.jpg

-=FM45=-

Afrojim2009

Reaction score
I do not know the difference but there are two numbers for the switch panel
68376640 (looks to apply 2019-2020)
68476031 (looks to apply 2021-2022)

buckeye2019

Reaction score
I do have the nav and its been 3 days and nothing has come up on the head unit or the aux switches are not working

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
any updates
Unfortunately, it looks like this isn’t going to work with just AlfaOBD on the 2019-2020 1500s. The CBC Features Configuration Aux Switches PTO setting is what enables the aux switches to work, and even though the setting is successfully enabled in AlfaOBD, the BCM isn’t broadcasting it. The message would have to be spoofed. 2021 1500s with BCM hardware number 68496414Ax should be good.

Swicago

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it looks like this isn’t going to work with just AlfaOBD on the 2019-2020 1500s. The CBC Features Configuration Aux Switches PTO setting is what enables the aux switches to work, and even though the setting is successfully enabled in AlfaOBD, the BCM isn’t broadcasting it. The message would have to be spoofed. 2021 1500s with BCM hardware number 68496414Ax should be good.
So you are saying we'd need to figure out what would normally be sent to this device via LIN bus, in order enable and configure each switch?
I wonder if it would not be easier to open the device, route the traces for the buttons and outputs to a mcu such as esp8266 or esp32 and cut out mopar from the equation. Configure the devices via password protected wifi on a phone, than through radio.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So you are saying we'd need to figure out what would normally be sent to this device via LIN bus, in order enable and configure each switch?
I wonder if it would not be easier to open the device, route the traces for the buttons and outputs to a mcu such as esp8266 or esp32 and cut out mopar from the equation. Configure the devices via password protected wifi on a phone, than through radio.
I suppose you can do that, but yes, if you want the switches to work exactly like factory, you’d have to send out the programmed status of that message over linbus.

Swicago

Reaction score
Me personally could care less if it worked like factory. I just want it to look like factory and not interfere with factory. Of coarse if it works factory, then that is less work, but if it doesn't..well then hardware hacking is an alternative. Thanks so far for all your research in this @Jimmy07

I put an order in on one of these switch banks. Maybe by the time I get t, someone will know what needs to be sent to spoof it, otherwise I'll pop it open and see if there is an easy way to do a temp piggy back, until a full factory option is available..

Last edited:

Daverous

Reaction score
Not to derail, but were you successful taking these newer 21+ BCMs and uploading alfa logs? I thought I recalled you messing with one during the digital rearview mirror trials. Considering dropping the 200 to see if it fixes my tow mirror and rearview mirror software limitations.

TravisH

Reaction score

Are we able to put a 68496414AE bcm in a 19-20? If so, what’s all involved? For $200 I’d give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are we able to put a 68496414AE bcm in a 19-20? If so, what’s all involved? For $200 I’d give it a shot.

I’d hold off on that one. A few members have tried this to get the DRVM to work by swapping in a 21 BCM, but it isn’t turning out to be as simple as swapping out the 4th gen BCMs. I just finished up messing around with another member’s 21 BCM on the bench, and he might try getting it swapped in again to see if it’ll work. This is a BCM that the dealer even tried restoring the vehicle configuration to, and the ignition just wouldn’t go into ACC or run. And now, recent updates to wiTECH software won’t even allow a vehicle restore to a mismatched BCM anymore, it has to be the same hardware number for the VIN.

Aardvarkeng

Reaction score
I just received the ASBM I ordered. I was hoping I could get it functional, but it looks like it may be a losing case...

Oh, well...

Reactions: Rau

Rau

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone tried oem hd auxiliary switch panel on 2022 ram 1500. I got 2022 Laramie and it has uconnect 5. Maybe we are lucky with this version?

Rau

Reaction score
I just received the ASBM I ordered. I was hoping I could get it functional, but it looks like it may be a losing case...

Oh, well...

Please let us know

Swicago

Reaction score
Mine is en-route, hopefully by the time I get it the secret code combo is figured out, if not I'll be popping mine open and will hijack it with my own chip.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been chatting with a guy in one of the Facebook groups about this and he was able to get the switch panel working with the 4 wheel electronics kit in connection with the changes made in AlfaOBD. Unfortunately he is not a member in here to answer any specific questions but he did make a YouTube video on it.

Users who are viewing this thread