5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Reaction score
I know 19bluestreak went through the same thing and he listed out good details earlier on in this thread, maybe around the 50ish page mark. Essentially the only difference was a bolt was AC so I feel pretty good that there is no major difference and it is just in fact a small change that required an update to the identification.

That was a good deal, I got mine for 1150 free shipping. I'm waiting on a quote for my wheels / tires and install then will get it done hopefully soon
@texasvolfan15 awesome...thanks. Hard to go through these threads when they get so freaking long like this. Will just see when the thing even ships. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Page 52 I listed the parts... Basically some small part changes like the bolts. If there are MAJOR changes then they would change the part number all together, otherwise they just change the version code even it's the change seems insignificant.

Link to my post near the middle

Rjsacs

Reaction score
I just had a level kit installed on my 2019 longhorn 2500 and put new tires and wheels and was shocked how much taller it was.
998e9a0c3c1425f3f06309e108f3fb8a.jpg

That’s a before and now the after.
67c5d5dc6a06e23d7c77e6cb91ba1679.jpg
14387d3fa53518904cffd517573cd618.jpg

I’m also thinking about installing air suspension due to the fact that I have a 5th that I pull behind so when not hauling i would like to have like 4 or 6 inch lift but lower when I have to tow. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and recommend an air suspension that they are happy with and works well
Thanks and I’m new to the group so just wanted to say I enjoy this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peterk814

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these installed in South Florida by a RAM dealer? Interested to see if anyone recommended a service department down here to do the installation.

DonT

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting this Mopar lift for my '20 Ram 1500 but I have a couple of questions I need answered first. I have a new set of Toyo Open Country 295/65R20 (severe snow rated) tires I bought for another truck that I decided to sell. Will these tires fit on my 1500 with the stock 20" wheels without rubbing? The other question is what are you using for a spring compressor for the struts? Will one of the compressors Harbor Freight sells do the job? I need to get this done before the snow hits here in norther Vermont or I need to get a set of snow tires.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting this Mopar lift for my '20 Ram 1500 but I have a couple of questions I need answered first. I have a new set of Toyo Open Country 295/65R20 (severe snow rated) tires I bought for another truck that I decided to sell. Will these tires fit on my 1500 with the stock 20" wheels without rubbing? The other question is what are you using for a spring compressor for the struts? Will one of the compressors Harbor Freight sells do the job? I need to get this done before the snow hits here in norther Vermont or I need to get a set of snow tires.

That comes out to roughly 35x11.5. They'd probably fit with some small adjustments. A lot of people just rent spring compressors from their local autoparts store.

Reaction score
NOTE: If you are putting the ORP springs in the front to make the truck sit level. I would NOT trust one of those screw type of coil compressors, they are dangerous even with just soft car springs.... I was using a Chinese cheap hydraulic spring compressor (from Princess Auto in Canada) for the ORP springs and it eventually separated the metal bracket from the metal shaft it was welded too. NOT the welds the actual metal. I had to take the passenger side to the auto shop near me (Canadian Tire) to put that side together. They even said it was very difficult to compress the ORP spring. Stock springs were not an issues but these ORP springs have a very stiff spring compression.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Take the old struts out, then load up the new and old struts and the springs... find an off-road shop around and have them put them together for you. You’ll most likely spend less than buying the cheap tool. For something with this much pressure I wouldn’t trust the HF setup. It’ll take them maybe 10 mins to do the work. Find the right shop and you might work a deal where they just do it for you in exchange for you bringing it in after for the alignment.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I did the regular springs and used two sets of compressor's when I did mine just to be safe.

Reaction score
I did the regular springs and used two sets of compressor's when I did mine just to be safe.

Yes, but that is the regular springs which are a much lower ratio. In my case, my friends cheap Chinese spring compressor worked just find unloading both my factory non-ORP springs. The problem is the ORP springs have a higher spring ratio and a MUCH stiffer spring. We tried to use the screw type spring compressors after the hydraulic one snapped and they started to bend like crazy, and we were no where near close enough to compress the spring enough to put the top mount back on. In my opinion (and I have used those screw types lots of time) they are not 100% completely safe. If they were to fail, you could be seriously hurt or worst death could come your way. Actually my friends neighbour has a spring let go with one of this, his leg is now permanently bruised. I‘ve had my fair share of idiotic moments in my past, like using ratchet straps to compress springs.

Like posted before, if your using the ORP springs I would highly suggest taking them to a shop with a wall mounted finger style spring compressor. Much safer and it could save your life. These springs under compression are no joke. The regular springs, sure use the screw type they would probably be ok espcially if you use 2 kits instead of just one. Just take your time and you will live to see another day haha.

As far as I am concerned, those screw style spring compressors should be banned for use even though I have used them many times before and would used them again on a softer springs. People who don’t know what the F**K they are doing can kilt themselves, heck even people who know they are are doing cold kill themselves.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Yes, but that is the regular springs which are a much lower ratio. In my case, my friends cheap Chinese spring compressor worked just find unloading both my factory non-ORP springs. The problem is the ORP springs have a higher spring ratio and a MUCH stiffer spring. We tried to use the screw type spring compressors after the hydraulic one snapped and they started to bend like crazy, and we were no where near close enough to compress the spring enough to put the top mount back on. In my opinion (and I have used those screw types lots of time) they are not 100% completely safe. If they were to fail, you could be seriously hurt or worst death could come your way. Actually my friends neighbour has a spring let go with one of this, his leg is now permanently bruised. I‘ve had my fair share of idiotic moments in my past, like using ratchet straps to compress springs.

Like posted before, if your using the ORP springs I would highly suggest taking them to a shop with a wall mounted finger style spring compressor. Much safer and it could save your life. These springs under compression are no joke. The regular springs, sure use the screw type they would probably be ok espcially if you use 2 kits instead of just one. Just take your time and you will live to see another day haha.

As far as I am concerned, those screw style spring compressors should be banned for use even though I have used them many times before and would used them again on a softer springs. People who don’t know what the F**K they are doing can kilt themselves, heck even people who know they are are doing cold kill themselves.

I agree. I wouldn't dare try to use the screw type compressor on the ORG springs.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
So I ordered part number 77072424AC from BAM Wholesale Parts on 9/7/20. On 9/8/20, I was told it was on backorder until end of September and I was asked if I wanted to keep the order or wait. I elected to wait. On 9/16/20 I received a message that my parts shipped and I was like cool, guess they got more sooner than they thought. Well, my package arrived today and I look at the box and I see 77072424AB. What the hell??? I have emailed BAM and waiting for a response. If you have pending orders, make sure you check to make sure you get what you ordered.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
It's functionally identical. I wouldn't worry about it and would just enjoy your new lift!
I ordered the new kit (AC) which is the correct length shock without the extra spacer. I should get what I ordered unless I was contacted, offered, and accepted a substitute. Why should aI settle for a part that has been replaced by the manufacturer. Now, if I had ordered the AB kit and received the AC kit, that would be acceptable (although as a courtesy I should be contacted first) as this part number replaces the old version.

Mother

Reaction score
I think you are misunderstanding the differences in the kits. Pretty sure the only difference between AB and AC is something with the rear bumper pad spacer bolt. The shocks should be the same.

From what I understand it was the AA kit that had the shorter shock with the spacer.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
I just received this from BAM,
"Mopar has not began producing the 77072424AC. They've released catalog information for it, but the only difference is an updated instruction sheet. If an kit is reshipped, you will again receive the AB, until they have made the AC available."
I don't believe this is true as some other members on this forum have received the updated AC version. Can someone confirm? Also, can you confirm that the AC version is without the spacer with the spring mounts adjusted to the correct position?
Thoughts on keeping the AB kit or wait for the AC?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One member here got the AC kit and the only difference was a bumper pad bolt or something like that. The AB kit was supposed to be the one with the updated spring seat for the front and that never happened. They just included the spacer instead. I wouldn't hold my breath on the AC variant being any different. That being said, ALL iterations of the Mopar lift are currently on backorder so unless you find a dealer that actually has stock you could be waiting for a bit.

I originally was going to do the Mopar kit with ORP springs in the front but the dealer I was buying from that had one said some pieces were missing and he didn't know when he would be able to get in another one. Everything happens for a reason I guess, because I called up a local shop that I hadn't had time to call and they were able to get in a BDS 4" lift with Fox rears for me. It is being installed tomorrow.

Reaction score
I just received this from BAM,
"Mopar has not began producing the 77072424AC. They've released catalog information for it, but the only difference is an updated instruction sheet. If an kit is reshipped, you will again receive the AB, until they have made the AC available."
I don't believe this is true as some other members on this forum have received the updated AC version. Can someone confirm? Also, can you confirm that the AC version is without the spacer with the spring mounts adjusted to the correct position?
Thoughts on keeping the AB kit or wait for the AC?

I ordered the AC kit and the main box on the outside is labelled AB, like you I was like what the heck but I wasn’t too concerned once I opened the box and started seeing the part #s and did some digging.

The fact that the difference kits are AA,AB and AC doesn’t make a difference on how the whole kit goes together or functions. The only time I would be a little upset would be if I had the AA kit due to the fact that one needed the front spacers. Even then, I don’t think there is a huge difference between an added spacer or not as the heights between the AA and AB should still be the same. Anyhow if there was a BIG change in the kit, they wouldn’t just change version code they would also change the actual part numbers. So is wouldn’t be 77072424AB or AC it would be 7773939AA or something to be a totally new kit.

If you look at your instructions you’ll see what I mean. Look at the parts list, some parts are labeled AA, some are AB and you should see some with AC. Basically the only updated part in the insturctions for the new kit is the bumper pad bolt which is what @ksn240 said. Your from and rear shocks should be labelled AB. Even if you have the bumper pad bolt labelled 05143356AB rather than AC, I wouldn’t let 1 update bolt and instructions stop you from using the kit.

Giver her and get it installed , your good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread