5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
Thank you Mother, ksn240, and 19BlueStreakSP for the reassurance. :) I think I am ok with what I received. I was going to install myself but I am having second thoughts. I may just go to the dealership tomorrow to see how much they will charge so I can keep under warranty.

As far as the Rear Bumper Pad bolt, I found an older version of the install instructions dated 4-10-18 (K6862538) and the part number ends in AC so I don't think anyone really has received a true AC kit. My instructions are dated October 31, 2019 (K6862538AB) and my kit is dated 2020/08/12. The only differences I see from the older instructions and mine is the shocks (front and rear) and the Rear Track Bar Bracket went from AA to AB. Also, step 6, instead of removing, the new instructions say to loosen. There are a few other minor picture changes of some nuts. One part number dropped a 6 which looks like a mistake from the older to the the instructions I have (Part L went from 06506557AA to 0650557AA) but other than that...

I conducted inventory of the AB kit. On the parts list is a bolt labeled "J" but it is not in my kit. I searched the instructions and don't see bolt "J" being used anywhere. For those that installed, did you all notice this as well?

Maybe the AC version is just to fix the screwed up instructions?

Reaction score
Thank you Mother, ksn240, and 19BlueStreakSP for the reassurance. :) I think I am ok with what I received. I was going to install myself but I am having second thoughts. I may just go to the dealership tomorrow to see how much they will charge so I can keep under warranty.

As far as the Rear Bumper Pad bolt, I found an older version of the install instructions dated 4-10-18 (K6862538) and the part number ends in AC so I don't think anyone really has received a true AC kit. My instructions are dated October 31, 2019 (K6862538AB) and my kit is dated 2020/08/12. The only differences I see from the older instructions and mine is the shocks (front and rear) and the Rear Track Bar Bracket went from AA to AB. Also, step 6, instead of removing, the new instructions say to loosen. There are a few other minor picture changes of some nuts. One part number dropped a 6 which looks like a mistake from the older to the the instructions I have (Part L went from 06506557AA to 0650557AA) but other than that...

I conducted inventory of the AB kit. On the parts list is a bolt labeled "J" but it is not in my kit. I searched the instructions and don't see bolt "J" being used anywhere. For those that installed, did you all notice this as well?

Maybe the AC version is just to fix the screwed up instructions?

That is weird, my instructions also with the same date and version number does not list at part “J” in the parts list But on the front package of the instructions it does show part “J” with. I only went by the parts list and not the bigger picture on the front. I just glanced on it... Good find by the way, I didn’t even notice that. Anyhow I went by the parts list and used all the parts and didn’t have anything missing that needed to be installed. Also the step by step process does not list the ”J” bolt anywhere in the installation pages. So there is no part “J you are good!!

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
That is weird, my instructions also with the same date and version number does not list at part “J” in the parts list But on the front package of the instructions it does show part “J” with. I only went by the parts list and not the bigger picture on the front. I just glanced on it... Good find by the way, I didn’t even notice that. Anyhow I went by the parts list and used all the parts and didn’t have anything missing that needed to be installed. Also the step by step process does not list the ”J” bolt anywhere in the installation pages. So there is no part “J you are good!!
I went back and checked and you are correct. It is on the diagram but not on the parts list.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
Well the stealership wanted $1200 for the install. They said it was 8 hours labor and they also told me that since it is MOPAR "Performance" parts, that they WOULD NOT be covered under my warranty. That sealed the deal for me. Went home and did it myself. Did the fronts on Saturday and the rear on Sunday. Did the alignment today and have tires on order. :) Going with Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/55r22 on the stock 22" wheels. I considered 35x11.5 or 12.5 but due to the higher ply sidewall I opted for the lesser ply as I don't tow but a small trailer (rarely at that) and most of my driving is highway.

Peterk814

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone got this installed in South Florida. Looking for a good dealership with some experience around this.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
Truck looks great! Is that ONLY the Mopar 2 inch lift? And you got close to 3 all around? I'm strongly considering just the kit, nothing else.
Thanks! I am very happy with the MOPAR kit. Oh and the ride quality is great too. This is only the MOPAR 2" kit. No ORP, no level kit, non- air suspension. Yes, just shy but very close to 3" all around.

svelectric

Reaction score
Thanks! I am very happy with the MOPAR kit. Oh and the ride quality is great too. This is only the MOPAR 2" kit. No ORP, no level kit, non- air suspension. Yes, just shy but very close to 3" all around.
Even better, Glad to hear/confirm the ride is great. I don't want to lose anything there. I'll be going with some 295/70's on my stock 18 inch rims. Even though E load rated, lots of side wall so hopefully will be OK.

svelectric

Reaction score
Meant to ask, do you have any before/after measurements?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Even better, Glad to hear/confirm the ride is great. I don't want to lose anything there. I'll be going with some 295/70's on my stock 18 inch rims. Even though E load rated, lots of side wall so hopefully will be OK.
The ride is just slightly stiffer than stock with that setup.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
Meant to ask, do you have any before/after measurements?
Absolutely. :) Measurements are from ground to fender well measured at the center of the wheel.
LF: before - 35 14/16 after - 39
RF: before - 36 1/4 after - 39 3/16
LR: before - 38 1/16 after - 40 13/16
RR: before - 38 9/16 after - 40 15/16

MonkeyTheory

Reaction score
I got my truck back today and I am very displeased with the stance. I'm now sitting at:
RR 41 5/8
LR 41 1/8
FR 38 7/8
FL 38 5/8

How is this possible?! Part # 77072424AB
I am not mechanically inclined but is it possible that the front shocks with the 1" increase were put on the back?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I got my truck back today and I am very displeased with the stance. I'm now sitting at:
RR 41 5/8
LR 41 1/8
FR 38 7/8
FL 38 5/8

How is this possible?! Part # 77072424AB
I am not mechanically inclined but is it possible that the front shocks with the 1" increase were put on the back?
Impossible, front are struts and back are shocks. Post pics of the truck and of the front struts.

Users who are viewing this thread