5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
I just looked at mine and don't see a difference from this picture. I'm baffled. Can you also take a pic of the rear shock setup tomorrow?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I got my truck back today and I am very displeased with the stance. I'm now sitting at:
RR 41 5/8
LR 41 1/8
FR 38 7/8
FL 38 5/8

How is this possible?! Part # 77072424AB
I am not mechanically inclined but is it possible that the front shocks with the 1" increase were put on the back?
What are you not happy with, does it have too much take?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I was expecting it to be much more level. I also have 35x12.5 KO2s sitting in my garage that I am not sure will fit under the front at that height.
You probably should've done the ORG springs up front then. That would've gotten you closer to level.

MonkeyTheory

Reaction score
Well got the new wheels and tires on. I'll need to do some plastic work but I'm happy. Re measured and I'm only an inch and a half higher in the back.

Attachments

• 20200925_112450.jpg
    20200925_112450.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 384
  • 20200925_112513.jpg
    20200925_112513.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 381
Reaction score
Well got the new wheels and tires on. I'll need to do some plastic work but I'm happy. Re measured and I'm only an inch and a half higher in the back.

Where in Ontario you? I haven’t been on car clubs in a very long time, but I see so many members on this page from Ontario. It would be nice to have a meet with all the Ontario members on this forum. Of course Covid-19 probably takes some of the fun out of the gatherings and with the recent reduction in amount of people who can gather (was 100 people now only 25 people on outside private events).

Anyhow, truck looks good. Also reading your other post about not being closer to level. You would need to put the ORP springs in to get closer to level. My truck sits within 1/2“ of being level which for me is perfect. That way when I am towing anything it will sit closer to level, as whatever I tow wouldn’t weight much. My rear is close to what you are, I’m at 41 3/4 but my front after settling is at 41 3/4 (is settled 1/2”). So I am 1/2“ from level (give or take as measurements are not always going to be percise)

The ORP springs are pretty cheap, I got my dealer to sell them to me for $130 for both of them. Then you’d need to get your truck realigned, plus additional cost of breaking down your struts and then swapping the spring in. Cheaper if you removed them yourself and took to a shop to put them together.

Reaction score
I just got my lift yesterday, Mopar 2" w/ ORP springs, and in the front I am ~3/4" off from left to right. Is that normal? Is this something that will work itself out as it settles?

FL: 39 1/4
FR: 40
RL: 41
RR: 41

Reaction score
What size and offset on the wheels? How much trimming? I want to run the same tires and am worried about the rubbing.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got my lift yesterday, Mopar 2" w/ ORP springs, and in the front I am ~3/4" off from left to right. Is that normal? Is this something that will work itself out as it settles?

I would check to make sure the second spacer for the strut is installed on both sides of the truck.

Reaction score
I would check to make sure the second spacer for the strut is installed on both sides of the truck.
Both sides look the same and I do not see any spacers.

What am I looking for? Do you have pics of the spacer?

Last edited:

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Both sides look the same and I do not see any spacers.

What am I looking for? Do you have pics of the spacer?
I do not. The lower part of the front struts, where the spring seat is. There should be two little black spacers/sleeves on each side. If you see more on one side than on the other then they could have left one out.

ArtieD

Reaction score

A More accurate measurement would be COA (Center of Axle ) to bottom of fender wheel well , Due to tire pressure , ground imperfections , Use 2 people one holding a level at top, center or bottom of center of wheel just make sure its the same spot on all 4 wheels , it is the most accurate
or u may try to measure 4 corners , ground to bumper , i got different numbers doing all three but COA to fender was most accurate Good luck don't let it drive you crazy unless u actually can see it is off ,I am off side to side but you cant see it its like 3/8ths off for me but ground to fender it was almost an inch 7/8 -15/16

MonkeyTheory

Reaction score
Where in Ontario you? I haven’t been on car clubs in a very long time, but I see so many members on this page from Ontario. It would be nice to have a meet with all the Ontario members on this forum. Of course Covid-19 probably takes some of the fun out of the gatherings and with the recent reduction in amount of people who can gather (was 100 people now only 25 people on outside private events).

Anyhow, truck looks good. Also reading your other post about not being closer to level. You would need to put the ORP springs in to get closer to level. My truck sits within 1/2“ of being level which for me is perfect. That way when I am towing anything it will sit closer to level, as whatever I tow wouldn’t weight much. My rear is close to what you are, I’m at 41 3/4 but my front after settling is at 41 3/4 (is settled 1/2”). So I am 1/2“ from level (give or take as measurements are not always going to be percise)

The ORP springs are pretty cheap, I got my dealer to sell them to me for $130 for both of them. Then you’d need to get your truck realigned, plus additional cost of breaking down your struts and then swapping the spring in. Cheaper if you removed them yourself and took to a shop to put them together.
I'm in Niagara. I'm good with the rake now that the new wheels and tires are on.

MonkeyTheory

Reaction score
What size and offset on the wheels? How much trimming? I want to run the same tires and am worried about the rubbing.
They are 18s -18 offset. The plastic work wasnt hard. There is a post on here about modifying the metal bracket that holds the mud flap. I didn't cut mine off. Made it straight and bent it up. Drilled a new hole in the wheel well plastic and on the mud flap. I also heated up the bottom of the mud flap and squished it to make more narrow. That is also in the same thread on here.

Reaction score
I do not. The lower part of the front struts, where the spring seat is. There should be two little black spacers/sleeves on each side. If you see more on one side than on the other then they could have left one out.
I do not see any spacers. Did they get left off? Is that why the ORP springs did not level the truck?

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 134

Bobbybob

Reaction score
I do not see any spacers. Did they get left off? Is that why the ORP springs did not level the truck?
There are no spacers in the front. Are you referring to the upper bumper of the strut (step 19)? Just did the lift this weekend and the front is straight forward. All existing hardware minus the strut, few bolts and UCA. How off are you? Maybe measure center of axle to lower fender vs the ground.

Attachments

• 20D1095A-2B23-4B18-BF26-2ABC1D79AB5B.jpeg
    20D1095A-2B23-4B18-BF26-2ABC1D79AB5B.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Reaction score
There are no spacers in the front. Are you referring to the upper bumper of the strut (step 19)? Just did the lift this weekend and the front is straight forward. All existing hardware minus the strut, few bolts and UCA. How off are you? Maybe measure center of axle to lower fender vs the ground.
I did not think so but was asked about spacers a couple of posts up.

From the hub I am still half an inch off left to right.

Users who are viewing this thread