5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Daytona440

Reaction score
Someday I'd like to do the mopar lift. those that had the dealer install it, did they recalibrate the speedometer/odometer for the new tire size?
Thanks

Peterk814

Reaction score
Has anyone had this installed in the NY or NJ area? Looking for a good installer preferably from a dealer with some experience with these installations.

Peterk814

Reaction score
where are you located? or where was the dealership rather? And how long was the install?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The install was done in Bridgeton and the install was 9 hours with alignment.

PorBoy

Reaction score
No problem and it was $800 since I purchased the truck from them. Since then I’ve been told shops can install this in 6 hours and then the alignment cost to that.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
9 hours good god, I did mine in my garage start to finish in 3.5. I usually charge 400 to install front shocks and rear blocks. Don't have access to an alignment rack or else i would do those too.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Well all I know is mine was the first that they had done and since I am not a mechanic I tend to stay in my lane when it comes to other folks profession lol... :)

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well all I know is mine was the first that they had done and since I am not a mechanic I tend to stay in my lane when it comes to other folks profession lol... :)
Haha as long as they didn't charge you for 9 hours then all is well.

EGJ16

Reaction score
Someday I'd like to do the mopar lift. those that had the dealer install it, did they recalibrate the speedometer/odometer for the new tire size?
Thanks
They asked me if I wanted them to do it but I had already bough the rough country calibrater. I think they wanted 150 to do it. I got the calibrater for about 140. Plus I can change it whenever whereas if the dealer does it its jyst a one time deal.

Reaction score
Thanks
They asked me if I wanted them to do it but I had already bough the rough country calibrater. I think they wanted 150 to do it. I got the calibrater for about 140. Plus I can change it whenever whereas if the dealer does it its jyst a one time deal.

Also, some (or most) dealers can’t recalibrate tire sizes larger than they offer on stock vehicles. So the Rebel comes with 33” so the dealer can only recalibrate up to 33”. Anything bigger and you need the Rough Country Calibrator. Like EGJ said, you can recalibrate your tire size at anytime if you change to something bigger or smaller down the road. The dealer is a one time deal and even better. You can sell the Rough Country if you ever go back to stock.

Also, 9hours for installation is crazy, even 6 hours seems like much. That is what the dealer around me is charging. Mine took a while, but only because the ORP springs are so heavy that they broke my friends hydraulic spring compressor (cheap Chinese thin metal) so I had to take the passenger side to a shop to have them put the spring and strut together. Other than that, would have taken less then 6hours and that includes beer breaks and having fun while we (my 2 buddies and I) were doing the install.

Reaction score

Installation of this kit is very easy, but I can see for people who are not mechanically inclined how this would be a difficult install. While straight forward for people who wrench on their vehicles, not even professional mechanics just people who do there own repairs (that’s me), It wouldn’t be so straight forward for people who don’t do this kind of work and don’t have adequate tools to perform the job.

Peterk814

Reaction score
For me this is a leased truck so I want to make sure I keep the waranties, etc. to avoid any issues when returning this so I wanted to have a dealership perform the install.

realralfy

Reaction score
I have 3.92s. Im running 275/65/20’s (34”x11”) so I had bought the rough country speedometer calibrater and set it on 32.75”. I just filled the truck up yesterday and so far with 55-60 miles its saying 16.7mpg with a mix of heavy footed city driving and freeway driving at 65-70mph. The speedometer is spot on as high as 80mph so far.
Before I calibrated the speedometer I was 3mph off at 40-60mph and 4mph off at 60-75mph (was going faster than truck was showing). The transmission didnt shift as smooth as it does right now. I would floor it and it would hold the higher rpms for longer than normal. Now with everything calibrated, its like stock. Smooth shifting and rpms go back to normal as soon as I let off after flooring it. It still has plenty of get up and go.
Can you please post some pics of your truck with the Mopar lift and the 275/65 20’s on? I’m very close to doing this exact setup but I can’t find any pics...Thanks in advance

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Ok hub caps are not painted black to match the rims. I got about 5" of lift total give or take due to ground and measurement with tape measure. I'm with 1" of level which is perfect. Gives me a little room for level when towing and looking at the truck it looks level. I can't notice a rake really.

Ground to Fender
Measurements stock (taken at work)
LF - 36.25"
RF - 35.50
LR - 38.5"
RR - 38.75

Measurements Lift & Stock Tires (in parking lot close to me)
LF - 39.75"
RF - 39.75
LR - 40.75"
RR - 40.50"

Measurements Lift & 35" Nitto RG (in parking lot close to me)
LF - 41.25"
RF - 41.25"
LR - 42.25"
RR - 42.25"

Hellwig sway bar will be next once I sell the factory tires. Was going to do intake but I think the sway bar is more important right now.

View attachment 64370
View attachment 64367 View attachment 64368 View attachment 64369
Has ur truck had a chance to settle yet? My measurements settled at 41 front, and 42 rear. Almost exactly the same....w/ different lifts

EGJ16

Reaction score
Can you please post some pics of your truck with the Mopar lift and the 275/65 20’s on? I’m very close to doing this exact setup but I can’t find any pics...Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 2A1D5C4C-F09F-4AC6-8E2B-71C71693E957.jpeg
    2A1D5C4C-F09F-4AC6-8E2B-71C71693E957.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 333
Reaction score
Has ur truck had a chance to settle yet? My measurements settled at 41 front, and 42 rear. Almost exactly the same....w/ different lifts

I have not yet remeasured, and I know it‘s been like 5 weeks now with LOTS of driving including some country dirt roads. Now that you reminded me, when I go out today I will go to my measuring locations (keeps things consistent) and get new measurements..

On another note. I am loving the Mopar Kit with the FOX shocks and ORP springs. All I can say is, the ride just blows me away really. My opinion is that it rides BETTER than stock even with the stiffer front springs and 35 Nitto RG, but other persons opinions may vary. I do know for sure it DOES NOT ride worst then factory that I am sure off.
Now after adding the Hellwig sway bar it really helped stiffen up the rear end and made the ride even better. I was at hole #3, but I have since changed it back to hole #2. Just figured I‘d give my thoughts on the lift for those contemplating getting the Mopar kit vs Readylift which seems to be the more popular choices.

On another note, I did notice some noises when taking off from a stop at a certain acceleration and something when going over speed bump or reversing. I have heard others that had these nosies as well. Well after about 2000-3000km I finally got time to get under the truck a torque up all the bolts. I am please to announce that all my noises seems to have disappeared. I will keep an ear out once I get some more driving time on the truck to make sure the noises are fully gone. Sometimes it’s hard to hear over the exhaust system lol, so there is a downfall to louder trucks it makes it tough to listen for suspension nosies haha.

Users who are viewing this thread