5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate OBD JScan Thread

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just received my ODBII reader today. Already have the bypass cables. I am going to subscribe to JScan with my VIN tomorrow and need to adjust my Speedo. Does anyone have a step by step procedure for this? I don’t think it’s going to be difficult from the research I’ve done, I’m just trying to forgo the trial and error part of using a new app etc. 🤣🤣🤣
Yup! See my post from the first page.

Post in thread 'Ultimate OBD JScan Thread'
Ultimate OBD JScan Thread

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so i'm about to try this auto high beam thing but i feel like i'm missing something.

So my truck came with the forward collision warning. Does that i can just activate them or is there another physical module i need? it doesn't seem like it reading this thread. Seems like just the 3 settings mentioned and i pick IRCM for my module location? it cant be that easy... can it? 🤔

And the other question i have might be a dumb(er) one. i purchased my vin... but just my vin. I noticed that not all three of these settings show up when you select RAM DT for the vehicle type... so i get why the thread says you have to select Gladiator JT for the vehicle type, cuz they do show up there, but will that still work if I only have one VIN purchased and its not a Jeep??

thanks for any info, guys.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok so i'm about to try this auto high beam thing but i feel like i'm missing something.

So my truck came with the forward collision warning. Does that i can just activate them or is there another physical module i need? it doesn't seem like it reading this thread. Seems like just the 3 settings mentioned and i pick IRCM for my module location? it cant be that easy... can it? 🤔

And the other question i have might be a dumb(er) one. i purchased my vin... but just my vin. I noticed that not all three of these settings show up when you select RAM DT for the vehicle type... so i get why the thread says you have to select Gladiator JT for the vehicle type, cuz they do show up there, but will that still work if I only have one VIN purchased and its not a Jeep??

thanks for any info, guys.
From what i remember, u just need to have the correct rear view mirror. The one with the camera.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So my truck came with the forward collision warning. Does that i can just activate them or is there another physical module i need?
You already have the correct hardware for auto high beams (the forward collision warning module), so all you have to do is enable the feature.
so i get why the thread says you have to select Gladiator JT for the vehicle type, cuz they do show up there, but will that still work if I only have one VIN purchased and its not a Jeep??
The VIN is just for the vehicle license use. JScan doesn’t care what type of vehicle you select to diagnose, as long as the VIN that it reads from the vehicle matches the VIN of your purchased license.

Sigfla

Reaction score
So just so I am clear once tire size is set via Jscan app you can unplug the obd reader and return the plugs to the OEM location? It’s not like a Tazer that has to be married and/or stay plugged in? Has it worked well with 2023’s with the digital dash? Tazer has me nervous with a 2023.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You already have the correct hardware for auto high beams (the forward collision warning module), so all you have to do is enable the feature.

The VIN is just for the vehicle license use. JScan doesn’t care what type of vehicle you select to diagnose, as long as the VIN that it reads from the vehicle matches the VIN of your purchased license.
ok awesome, thanks Jimmy and @theblet ! gonna do this today and test it out tonite.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So it looks like she took all 3 setting changes... one failed the first time but took it the second time, and then once i restarted, it showed up in the uconnect settings menu... now i'll just take a spin tonite and verify.

Update: it works perfectly. Shuts off when it sees headlights or tail lights in front of me. Sometimes street lights and the occasional bright reflective sign. But overall I like it.

1705869498466.jpeg 1705869505317.jpeg

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
So it looks like she took all 3 setting changes... one failed the first time but took it the second time, and then once i restarted, it showed up in the uconnect settings menu... now i'll just take a spin tonite and verify.

Update: it works perfectly. Shuts off when it sees headlights or tail lights in front of me. Sometimes street lights and the occasional bright reflective sign. But overall I like it.

View attachment 175143 View attachment 175144
Awesome!

carlos1984

Reaction score
Hi All,What can happen if you clear codes while the engine is running.
I made a mistake. I cleared a p3400 code while the engine was running. Some dash lights came on but they didnt go away like usual. So I turned the vichcle off opened the door and restarted it. No lights, but as soon as I started to drive I got abs brake esp bas lights and they wont go off, code is a c2200, abs module internal.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi All,What can happen if you clear codes while the engine is running.
I made a mistake. I cleared a p3400 code while the engine was running. Some dash lights came on but they didnt go away like usual. So I turned the vichcle off opened the door and restarted it. No lights, but as soon as I started to drive I got abs brake esp bas lights and they wont go off, code is a c2200, abs module internal.
No issues clearing codes with its running. What change did you make?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be nice...I haven't seen and do not think it can. If it could I bet the developer would have added it a long time ago since so many want it.

Sigfla

Reaction score
Still getting used to it. My mother’s Honda has it and it’s been a nightmare for them. My Ram is much more subtle about it at least and doesn’t have a jarring stop or restart. I had to borrow the Honda once for a week and it would sometimes shut down completely and require a full restart with the key. Imagine a 76 y/o women having that happen at a busy intersection…

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@theblet

Finally corrected my tire size using JScan. Thanks for the instructions theblet!

Everything is running fine and the Speedo is now synced correctly. Checked it with a neighborhood radar that I pass daily. Now I’m spot on. However, I went back into JScan to do play around a a bit and now the check engine light is on, but only when the engine is off but switched into the run position. No CEL when I start the truck and drive it tho. Any ideas?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
@theblet

Finally corrected my tire size using JScan. Thanks for the instructions theblet!

Everything is running fine and the Speedo is now synced correctly. Checked it with a neighborhood radar that I pass daily. Now I’m spot on. However, I went back into JScan to do play around a a bit and now the check engine light is on, but only when the engine is off but switched into the run position. No CEL when I start the truck and drive it tho. Any ideas?
You’re welcome! Sounds pretty normal to me. Id scan it with the code reader in jscan just to see if anything is there

Users who are viewing this thread