5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate OBD JScan Thread

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have very extensive AlfaODB thread so I thought maybe it is time to start one for JScan? Seems JScan is slowly getting upgraded in what it can do and I am an Apple world guy so it is my only option right now. I don't mind buying an Android, but if I can use what I already have why not? I have found with the help of others that not everything works as you might think so a thread like this would help others get to where they need to be as members post their mod "recipe".

So far I have added auto high beams and fog lights on with high beam. Future mod is adding passive entry (parts are on the way) and programming a new key fob to allow for keyless tailgate open.

Here is how I activated fog light with high beams and auto high beams.

Fog lights on with high beam
Adaption>VehicleUserSettings>Front Fog Lamp Dropout=active switched to deactived
Set auto high beam option in radio
Search for "auto" in app
Auto High Beam CSM on/off>switch deactivated to active then restart ecu

Auto high beam
Choose Jeep Gladiator JT as the vehicle. Then go to adaptation, then auto headlamp & auto highbeams settings:
Auto High Beam CSM On/Off- ACTIVE
Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM
Auto High Beam On/Off- ACTIVE

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll be following this thread as I am an apple guy as well.

I have zero experience with Jscan so maybe we can start with the basics. What’s needed to run Jscan? Cables, App, etc…

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll be following this thread as I am an apple guy as well.

I have zero experience with Jscan so maybe we can start with the basics. What’s needed to run Jscan? Cables, App, etc…
Same as AlfaODB. You need an ODB reader and a bypass cable.
THIS is the cable I used and I believe THIS is the reader I used. You also have to buy a license for your particular VIN.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve seen that cable used in other threads so I’ll order that for sure. I added the reader also but I’m gonna wait for some others to chime in to confirm the reader. Thanks for your help.

jmr

Reaction score
With my 2022 Willys 2 Door Wrangler I used JScan allot and it's been awesome. I did that fog light drop out change for my Wrangler too (among other settings) defiantly will have to try it for the RAM.
Thanks for the info Deeve.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pelican
With my 2022 Willys 2 Door Wrangler I used JScan allot and it's been awesome. I did that fog light drop out change for my Wrangler too (among other settings) defiantly will have to try it for the RAM.
Thanks for the info Deeve.
I used it on my Rubicon. It was really handy being able to control all aspects of the 4x4 lockers/swaybar etc.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good thread!

TIre size change:

Turn ignition to run with engine OFF

Adaptation > Tire & Axel Settings > Tire Size

Try to pick the closest value to the physical measurement of the tire.

Hit GO

Once applied, turn ignition to off. Leave vehicle and close all doors.

Make sure key is far away from vehicle so the modules can completely go to sleep.

Wait 10 minutes.

Done.

(If any issues or errors run ABS - Static Initialization)

Fine tune with a GPS app on your Phone WITHOUT plugging the USB into the truck. If speedometer is off, repeat as necessary.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Turn Signals as Daytime running lights:

Enable DRLs in the radio settings on the truck itself.

Adaptation > DRL Configuration > select Canada > Hit GO

Adaptation > DRL Location > Select Turn signal DRL > Hit GO

Once applied, turn ignition to off. Leave vehicle and close all doors.

Make sure key is far away from vehicle so the modules can completely go to sleep.

Wait 10 minutes.

Done.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can you search adaptations for fob? Here’s what I found. The highlighted one seems to be the closest match. May require a combination of them too.

IMG_4891.jpeg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t have the bybass cable or ODB reader yet as it’s on order, but it sounds like it would be under this title, that I circled in red. 88A3612B-38C7-4DD0-92E9-11F2D440933F.jpeg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t have the bybass cable or ODB reader yet as it’s on order, but it sounds like it would be under this title, that I circled in red. View attachment 167795
Could be. try them and see what happens! 🤞🏻

My truck doesn’t have this. I wish I could test it

Last edited:

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I get a chance tomorrow I will give it a shot. The highlighted one seems to be the one. Be kinda neat to be able to add the option to the radio. The one right above the highlight says it is will put the option to have it on or off on a compatible radio, whatever that it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/