5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate OBD JScan Thread

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’re welcome! Sounds pretty normal to me. Id scan it with the code reader in jscan just to see if anything is there
Thanks brother. Just probably me overthinking things. I’m all about wrenching and mods, but this is my first time messing with the computers in the truck. Thanks for your help.

docsnyder7

Reaction score
good morning from germany.. i would have a qustion about my 2019 ram 1500. With the vlinker mc+ and JScan i configure the daylights only on the halos . That works perfect. But i have a problem wiht the LEd taillights... when the turn signal is on and hit the brakes, the brake light go out... is this possibly to solve with the menu light conversion us to europe ? thx for help, have a nice weekend, Daniel

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
good morning from germany.. i would have a qustion about my 2019 ram 1500. With the vlinker mc+ and JScan i configure the daylights only on the halos . That works perfect. But i have a problem wiht the LEd taillights... when the turn signal is on and hit the brakes, the brake light go out... is this possibly to solve with the menu light conversion us to europe ? thx for help, have a nice weekend, Daniel
This is not possible with the LED tail lights because the amber turn signal and red brake light LEDs are on the same board in the same location. The closest you can possibly get to keeping the brake light on while the turn signal is flashing is “separated brake lamp dropout” set to deactivated.
This will cause the turn signal to flash “amber-red-amber-red”, instead of “amber-off-amber-off”.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is not possible with the LED tail lights because the amber turn signal and red brake light LEDs are on the same board in the same location. The closest you can possibly get to keeping the brake light on while the turn signal is flashing is “separated brake lamp dropout” set to deactivated.
This will cause the turn signal to flash “amber-red-amber-red”, instead of “amber-off-amber-off”.
I would like to try this. Thanks @Jimmy07

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Brake light alternate blinking with turn signal:

Turn ignition to run with engine OFF

Adaptation > Lights conversion US-Euro > Separated Lightning Brake/Stop Lamp Dropout

Change to “Deactivated”

Hit GO

Once applied, turn ignition to off. Leave vehicle and close all doors.

Make sure key is far away from vehicle so the modules can completely go to sleep.

Wait 10 minutes.

Done.

IMG_5681.jpeg

Last edited:

docsnyder7

Reaction score
Thank you @Jimmy07 and @theblet .. that is the 100% correct way. It works now perfectly. Have all a fine sunday (y)

another short question.. is there a point of configuartion, that the windwos can be open by using the key fob and i dont find a menu for saving my car settings in JScan?

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thank you @Jimmy07 and @theblet .. that is the 100% correct way. It works now perfectly. Have all a fine sunday (y)

another short question.. is there a point of configuartion, that the windwos can be open by using the key fob and i dont find a menu for saving my car settings in JScan?
No problem! I think you can only do that with the tazer dt.

docsnyder7

Reaction score
No problem! I think you can only do that with the tazer dt.
Thx.. so there´s no chance with Jscan you think? Powerfolding Mirrors with ignition and Windows up/ down with the key fob? i hope, that is feasible with Jscan !

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thx.. so there´s no chance with Jscan you think? Powerfolding Mirrors with ignition and Windows up/ down with the key fob? i hope, that is feasible with Jscan !
Not 100% sure tbh. I’m fairly new at this. If I find anything I’ll let you know. @Jimmy07 would know

Fred_Cagedog

Reaction score
Is it possible to use JScan to turn on the factory brake controller module if I add it myself? I dont have my Ram yet, and a lot of the ones I'm looking at don't have it from the factory. I know I can add the hardware easy enough myself, but trying to figure out how to get it activated.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is it possible to use JScan to turn on the factory brake controller module if I add it myself? I dont have my Ram yet, and a lot of the ones I'm looking at don't have it from the factory. I know I can add the hardware easy enough myself, but trying to figure out how to get it activated.
Yes I believe so, tho I’ve not actually done it myself

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Going to going this route! Just ordered new tires and do not want to deal with the dealership to make any changes. Looking through this thread there is a post with a recommended obd reader and bypass cable. Is that one still relevant or is there better options out there? Basically I probably will only be changing the size of my tires and adjusted the tpms. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online