5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate OBD JScan Thread

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If I get a chance tomorrow I will give it a shot. The highlighted one seems to be the one. Be kinda neat to be able to add the option to the radio. The one right above the highlight says it is will put the option to have it on or off on a compatible radio, whatever that it.
Good luck hope it works!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hmm that’s the transmission module. Did you change only that one setting? Maybe a combination of settings required.

Maybe someone can help. @Jimmy07🤞🏻

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm that’s the transmission module. Did you change only that one setting? Maybe a combination of settings required.

The three horn honk feature on 2022+ vehicles is not configurable at all in the BCM. That means software like AlfaOBD and Jscan will never be capable of changing that.
Tazer is able to do it because it is actively waiting for certain messages on the bus, and modifying them to not sound the horn in that situation.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score

No..just the one setting. I did look for additional ones but could not find one that looked like it would add any fixes. @Jimmy07 is the guru...if it could be done, he would know. His proximity wiring harness is on it's way to me along with all the parts needed to make it work. Hopefully JSCAN will get that working for me. @Jimmy07 will it work or do I need to get Alfa?

DAVE

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
No..just the one setting. I did look for additional ones but could not find one that looked like it would add any fixes. @Jimmy07 is the guru...if it could be done, he would know. His proximity wiring harness is on it's way to me along with all the parts needed to make it work. Hopefully JSCAN will get that working for me. @Jimmy07 will it work or do I need to get Alfa?

DAVE
Thanks @Jimmy07 What wiring harness are you referring to?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The three horn honk feature on 2022+ vehicles is not configurable at all in the BCM. That means software like AlfaOBD and Jscan will never be capable of changing that.
Tazer is able to do it because it is actively waiting for certain messages on the bus, and modifying them to not sound the horn in that situation.
Why does my Tazer still occasionally allow the 3 honks? It happens about once out of 20 times.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently downloaded the Jscan app and have been playing around in the demo. I’m curious if I can turn on amber drl upper brow accent light on the headlight and turn off the lower accent light? Reason I ask is my right lights lower accent light has stopped working and it drives me insane looking at it like that.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I recently downloaded the Jscan app and have been playing around in the demo. I’m curious if I can turn on amber drl upper brow accent light on the headlight and turn off the lower accent light? Reason I ask is my right lights lower accent light has stopped working and it drives me insane looking at it like that.
I think you can turn the signature lights on or off. I haven’t seen anything to split them. You could turn them off and run the turn signals as DRLs.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I programmed rain sensing wipers today. I already have autoclimate control so I just needed the new sensor. The setting are

Rain sensor present -Active

Rain sensitive wipers on/off-Active

The options came up in the radio immediately after a restart.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I programmed rain sensing wipers today. I already have autoclimate control so I just needed the new sensor. The setting are

Rain sensor present -Active

Rain sensitive wipers on/off-Active

The options came up in the radio immediately after a restart.
Do you have the part # for the sensor?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anyone reprogrammed their TPMS to alert at a lower pressure? I’ve got two tires at 32 psi and it’s complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread