5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate OBD JScan Thread

Ive been using the same setup as yours and never had a problem connecting or programming. Sorry I cant be more help but I have never had any issues, it just seemed to work seemlessly. I wonder one of the pieces or hardware is failing? Have you tried just connecting to the ODB port and not using the bypass at all to see if the reader will connect to the phone and app?
Oh I see. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with it. What if you "forget" the bluetooth connection for it and pair it again. Maybe try another device?

Ive been using the same setup as yours and never had a problem connecting or programming. Sorry I cant be more help but I have never had any issues, it just seemed to work seemlessly. I wonder one of the pieces or hardware is failing? Have you tried just connecting to the ODB port and not using the bypass at all to see if the reader will connect to the phone and app?
Yea I can get it to connect with out the bypass.

In my earlier note I I had to restart my phone and clear all the stored Bluetooth devices from the phone. I think the issue is with the recent iOS update

Alright I got my OBD tool to connect and so far did the change for the DRL set to turn signal, Tire size set to 33.75 and immediately the FCW light came on, I also attempted the Fog light drop out disabled.

Can you make several changes all in one go? Or is wise to do 1 at a time and step away between each change to let ecus’s reset?

Also does anyone know what this does?
I have a too and bottom signature light but the lower passenger side is dead so I want to turn them all off and only leave my DRL turn signal on. Is this possible? @Jimmy07
IMG_8279.png

I followed @theblet instructions with no success for the DRL

This time I instead of choosing CANADA I chose “optional” >DRL LOCATION> turn signal. Waiting to let it reset and see if it takes.

The tire size worked and the FCW went away. The fog drop out also worked.

UPDATE some odd minutes later. Changin drl to either Canada or optional did nothing. And yess I have the day time running lights option on the radio turned on.

Also the signature lights feature did nothing at first glance.

Here is my truck I am trying to set the turn signals as DRL (always on amber) and disable the lower and top signature lights or “brow”

Any help is appreciated !!
IMG_8285.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8280.png
    IMG_8280.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Alright I got my OBD tool to connect and so far did the change for the DRL set to turn signal, Tire size set to 33.75 and immediately the FCW light came on, I also attempted the Fog light drop out disabled.

Can you make several changes all in one go? Or is wise to do 1 at a time and step away between each change to let ecus’s reset?

Also does anyone know what this does?
I have a too and bottom signature light but the lower passenger side is dead so I want to turn them all off and only leave my DRL turn signal on. Is this possible? @Jimmy07
View attachment 189190
I did all my changes separately, and let the truck sit so everything could turn off.

Pretty sure that's the "halo" lights that come on when you start the truck.

I did all my changes separately, and let the truck sit so everything could turn off.

Pretty sure that's the "halo" lights that come on when you start the truck.
Yea after I tried the fog light drop out and deal at the same time I went back and did all my changes individually and let the truck sit 10 mins. But I can’t get the amber drop to stay on

This time I instead of choosing CANADA I chose “optional” >DRL LOCATION> turn signal. Waiting to let it reset and see if it takes.

UPDATE some odd minutes later. Changin drl to either Canada or optional did nothing. And yess I have the day time running lights option on the radio turned on.

Here is my truck I am trying to set the turn signals as DRL (always on amber) and disable the lower and top signature lights or “brow”

View attachment 189194
You have a limited, which is a different trim than mine. Not sure if there's a difference.

Is this picture of the truck running?
Yea after I tried the fog light drop out and deal at the same time I went back and did all my changes individually and let the truck sit 10 mins. But I can’t get the amber drop to stay on
I've also heard of people letting it "sit" overnight, and changes took affect. What year is your truck? I'll see what I can find.

View attachment 189194
These are all the settings to get a Canadian market ram to have amber turn signals as DRLs, with no white signature lighting:
Adaptations >
DRL Settings > DRL Configuration = No DRL

DRL Settings > DRL Customer Setting On/Off = Active

DRL Settings > DRL Lamp Location = Turn Signal DRL

DRL Settings > DRL Dropout Enable = Deactivated

DRL Settings > Signature Light Present On/Off = Deactivated

Miscellaneous Settings > Country Code = USA

Radio User Settings > Day Time Running Lights Settings On/Off = Active

On another note, there is a misconception with the BCM settings changes process that probably comes from back in the early alfaobd days:
You can make as many changes as you want, one right after another, in the same diagnostic session, and all of the changes will be immediate. There is no need to do one change, disconnect, reconnect, and do another change. It doesn’t matter if the changes are made with the ignition off, in the run position, or with the truck running, either.
The only exception is, any changes that have to do with adding a setting in the radio, those will take some time for the radio to pick up on. You can force those new settings to show up on UC5 radio equipped trucks by rebooting the radio twice in a row (press and hold the power button on the volume knob for 15 seconds until the radio restarts).

These are all the settings to get a Canadian market ram to have amber turn signals as DRLs, with no white signature lighting:
Adaptations >

On another note, there is a misconception with the BCM settings changes process that probably comes from back in the early alfaobd days:
You can make as many changes as you want, one right after another, in the same diagnostic session, and all of the changes will be immediate. There is no need to do one change, disconnect, reconnect, and do another change. It doesn’t matter if the changes are made with the ignition off, in the run position, or with the truck running, either.
The only exception is, any changes that have to do with adding a setting in the radio, those will take some time for the radio to pick up on. You can force those new settings to show up on UC5 radio equipped trucks by rebooting the radio twice in a row (press and hold the power button on the volume knob for 15 seconds until the radio restarts).
Thank you Jimmy!

You have a limited, which is a different trim than mine. Not sure if there's a difference.

Is this picture of the truck running?

I've also heard of people letting it "sit" overnight, and changes took affect. What year is your truck? I'll see what I can find.
Yes I’m sure it plays a role in why it didn’t take. I believe your truck has a too and bottom “halo” and the dedicated turn signal that you set to AMBER DRL

my trucks top brow also functions as the turn signal.

In the picture truck is running with out lights on but after DRL settings were made via JScan

I have a 2019 limited

Yes I’m sure it plays a role in why it didn’t take. I believe your truck has a too and bottom “halo” and the dedicated turn signal that you set to AMBER DRL

my trucks top brow also functions as the turn signal.

In the picture truck is running with out lights on but after DRL settings were made via JScan

I have a 2019 limited
Also, I’m curious if you checked the DRL when the truck is in drive. Some vehicles the DRL won’t actually activate until it’s in gear. Mines on all the time

Adaptations >

Thank you for that info!

Adaptations >

I do appreciate the info but none of this helped me. I am still not getting the TURN SIGNAL DRL. the top and bottom brow just stay illuminated as before. I’m not sure what the trick is for the LIMITED’s but nothing seems to be taking. Maybe it’s only achievable on the big horn and Laramie w/LED headlights?

This is where I am currently (forum members truck)
IMG_8293.png
This is what I am trying to achieve (only top brow is lit up amber)
IMG_8294.png
Another member but he has signature lights on as well (not a fan)
IMG_8295.jpeg

Reading the thread both of these guys were able to do this through TAZER DT. Is it possible with JSCAN?? What am I missing?

Last edited:
I do appreciate the info but none of this helped me. I am still not getting the TURN SIGNAL DRL. the top and bottom brow just stay illuminated as before. I’m not sure what the trick is for the LIMITED’s but nothing seems to be taking. Maybe it’s only achievable on the big horn and Laramie w/LED headlights?
It doesn’t matter which headlights they are, the BCM configuration itself is what dictates what its lighting wiring circuits do. There must be something else going on with the configuration changes not actually changing with JScan.
Those are the same settings I changed on my wife’s 1500 which happens to be a Canadian Ram, although I did it with alfaobd.

It doesn’t matter which headlights they are, the BCM configuration itself is what dictates what its lighting wiring circuits do. There must be something else going on with the configuration changes not actually changing with JScan.
Those are the same settings I changed on my wife’s 1500 which happens to be a Canadian Ram, although I did it with alfaobd.
How do you know if it’s a Canadian Ram? When I first got into JSCAN I didn’t see anything that would indicate so.

Do you have to be driving for the DRL to come on as @theblet stated?

How do you know if it’s a Canadian Ram? When I first got into JSCAN I didn’t see anything that would indicate so.

Do you have to be driving for the DRL to come on as @theblet stated?
I just assumed you were working with a Canadian Ram since you previously said you chose optional instead of Canada for the DRL configuration. Either way, as long as the settings I listed are verified, the DRLs will be amber turn signals with no signature lighting. With that configuration, the amber DRLs will be on when the truck is running, even in park.

Has anyone done the 8.4 with Nav and Sirius XM -12.1 screen swap using JSCAN and if so can you provide a walkthrough
I have a 22 with the 8.4 with nav and i ordered a 12” screen from ddoffroad.com and it was all plug and play i only needed to use jscan to enable the traction control button. The Sirius XM didn’t need refreshed and everything including my presets were still there.

I just assumed you were working with a Canadian Ram since you previously said you chose optional instead of Canada for the DRL configuration. Either way, as long as the settings I listed are verified, the DRLs will be amber turn signals with no signature lighting. With that configuration, the amber DRLs will be on when the truck is running, even in park.
Adaptations >

I just want to double and triple check I’m doing this right. I should follow this step by step to a T but I can skip the misc setting >country code> USA correct??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back