5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect T25.51 Update

23RAM

Reaction score
I use this link and for my vin says I am up to date and i am on T25.48......
Those checkers are never up to date...it says the same for mine even though I have FCA-MY23.T27.46-PROD installed.

s8er01z

Reaction score
I guess you TLDR - latest is FCA-MY23.T27.46-PROD which is recall version I have in my radio now.
🤦‍♂️ you’re right I don’t know what my issue was when I replied. I even have T27.46 on my radio and still had it wrong in my post. Appreciate the correction 🍻

23RAM

Reaction score
So where do you download and verify valid version for 2023 limited with uconnect 5 12" screen or by vin?
You don't...check your current version under Settings > System Information (?) and if it's lower than T27.46 contact your dealer for an update - this version is a safety recall update.

Roman2179

Reaction score
Ok you're referring to a modified package with maps included. The actual radio firmware is 2gigs.
Again, not modified, pulled directly from the UConnect dealer portal. That would be the same update that gets pushed to all radios over OTA. Maps are a separate download because when I applied that update, my maps did not update with it. So while that update may have had the maps as part of the package, it was not a modified download.

Update size in this case is pretty irrelevant as the update process as a whole is pretty broken. That's pretty well the entire issue. They really need to either fix the OTA process, make the updates actually available from their website, or at least allow the dealers to download the updates without playing the VIN guessing game. Ideally they would do all of those but that would be a lot of ask for.

23RAM

Reaction score
Again, not modified, pulled directly from the UConnect dealer portal.
OK...I know it's frustrating when it doesn't work right. I'm there right now with a cyl misfire issue with my dealer. I'm not happy, but I'm not bitching here about it. Yet.
But you are 100% wrong on your belief that RADIO updates are 16+ gigs from the UConnect site.
Get over it, and move on.

We're here to help...but if you insist on spewing BS from unknown sources, then we can't help...

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But you are 100% wrong on your belief that RADIO updates are 16+ gigs from the UConnect site.

We're here to help...but if you insist on spewing BS from unknown sources, then we can't help...
The Uconnect site is not where updates like this get downloaded from. That Uconnect site is only for pre-2018 non-navigation Uconnect radio updates.
The 26.17 update that Roman is referring to came from a dealer portal, and is the EXACT SAME update that was pushed over the air. Every single Ram owner that received 26.17 over the air received a 16+ GB update. We both know the guy that got the update, the VIN that was used to pull it, and the dealership it was done at.
As far as your last statement to him, you have no clue what he knows about these trucks as far as sources.

Cesar592

Reaction score
I say exactly the same thing, he has no idea how much you and he know about these trucks and how much they contribute to the forum

Roman2179

Reaction score
OK...I know it's frustrating when it doesn't work right. I'm there right now with a cyl misfire issue with my dealer. I'm not happy, but I'm not bitching here about it. Yet.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I (along with a couple other members) probably have more knowledge about these radios than about 99% of people, including dealers and techs. I was one of the first people to add blind spot monitoring to the 4th gen trucks and still the only one that has the modules to make them work properly on 1500s. I have also gone through the trouble of retrofitting the 12" UC4 radio with surround view and then later the UC5 with surround view into a 4th gen truck. I have been through pretty well every update that was been officially released and ones that never saw the light of day as I have various sources to get them. @Jimmy07, @skuppy069, and I were also one of the first ones to install the MY23 firmware that caused all the issues on MY22 radios. We also had the issues figured out in about half a day. Don't question my sources or my knowledge when this one item you are completely wrong on. While most of the updates have been 2ish gigs, it doesn't mean all them will be. There is not an arbitrary size limit for the updates and there is no reason they can't push a large update over OTA. Their only limit is going to be working storage space on the radios. And guess what? The dealer download and my source at UConnect both had the same 16+ gig update. Where you got that the updates can't be over 2gigs or that the 16+gig update was modified I don't know but I am stating the facts here and not pulling the this information out of nowhere.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I have a '22 Limited with old version 23 still on the unit. I read here it's best to go to v25 first before going to version 27. But I'm not sure if the dealer will do so.

I will ask him for the update on the next maintenance.

Do you also know if the Android version gets updated? I saw in the license information that sometimes Android 8 and sometimes Android 10 is mentioned.

Any news of having Android 13 in the background of Uconnect 5?

yma0088

Reaction score
I have installed the latest version FCA-MY23. T26.46-PROD.
The wireless CarPlay does not work. The new firmware has not changed anything.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have installed the latest version FCA-MY23. T26.46-PROD.
The wireless CarPlay does not work. The new firmware has not changed anything.
You sure that isn't T27.46?

23RAM

Reaction score
The Uconnect site is not where updates like this get downloaded from. That Uconnect site is only for pre-2018 non-navigation Uconnect radio updates.
The 26.17 update that Roman is referring to came from a dealer portal, and is the EXACT SAME update that was pushed over the air. Every single Ram owner that received 26.17 over the air received a 16+ GB update. We both know the guy that got the update, the VIN that was used to pull it, and the dealership it was done at.
As far as your last statement to him, you have no clue what he knows about these trucks as far as sources.
Sorry I don't buy that - my maps did not get updated with 26.17 as I keep track of the map versions, and each OTA update has taken about 10 mins, not the 35 mins it takes to do map updates. When I got 26.17, I checked it 10 mins later and it was finished updating - I don't see how it could do a 16gig update in 10 mins. Maybe since my maps were up to date, I didn't get the 16gig transfer?

Roman2179

Reaction score
Sorry I don't buy that - my maps did not get updated with 26.17 as I keep track of the map versions, and each OTA update has taken about 10 mins, not the 35 mins it takes to do map updates. When I got 26.17, I checked it 10 mins later and it was finished updating - I don't see how it could do a 16gig update in 10 mins. Maybe since my maps were up to date, I didn't get the 16gig transfer?
You don't have to buy any of it. We have the files that were used for the update sourced from the dealer and sourced from someone I know that works on UConnect. How do you know you didn't get the 16gig transfer for the OTA? They only published one image of the update it was 19gigs. Just because it didn't update your maps it doesn't mean that the whole update wasn't pushed via OTA. Again, there's a single image for that update and it's 19gigs. My source is a UConnect engineer, what's yours?

Last edited:

DeanM2

Reaction score
My 2023 Ram 1500 received an OTA update, today, to T27.46

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also received the updated OTA yesterday and today it does seem my wireless carplay picked up as soon as I started the truck, which typically doesn't happen. Maybe they did actually fix that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread