5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Experience Feedback

Select all statements below that best describe your experience with the Uconnect system:

• My dealer walked me through the functions and features

• My dealer did not walk me through the functions and features

• I use resources such as DriveUconnect.com, social sites, and the owner’s manual to better understand

• I am confident in using Uconnect

• The Uconnect system is still unfamiliar to me

Results are only viewable after voting.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
Just received this today, this is the same ****ty deal they send me every other month. They are not even trying....
You should feel honored. All we Canadians get is an offer of "Big Savings" when we renew for list price. :p

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They must’ve learned. See post above. 😂👍🏼
Not really.

My wife's 2020 Ranger XLT 2wd pickup came with it's version of Guardian free for the life of the vehicle.

I wouldn't care if it was free, I still wouldnt renew it because I dont use any of it
The only thing I'd "use" is the GSP tracking. That gets me a discount on my auto insurance but it's still not worth paying for the service.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Not really.

My wife's 2020 Ranger XLT 2wd pickup came with it's version of Guardian free for the life of the vehicle.

The only thing I'd "use" is the GSP tracking. That gets me a discount on my auto insurance but it's still not worth paying for the service.
Notice it’s not a FCA vehicle. Everyone knows Ford has there ford pass free for life. Too bad most of fords infotainment systems suck imo

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The deal walked me through it.. but the system is very lacking. I think it has the 'WOW' factor (big screen / good graphics) to get a new buyer to jump.. but once you actually start using it and compare it to say Ford's system... it comes up short, is very glitchy, and it's voice commands are basically useless.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Probably jinxing myself... but mine hasn't had any glitches so far. I've only used the voice commands for radio controls and phone calls, but it's worked pretty darn good with that.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Too bad most of fords infotainment systems suck imo
The deal walked me through it.. but the system is very lacking. I think it has the 'WOW' factor (big screen / good graphics) to get a new buyer to jump.. but once you actually start using it and compare it to say Ford's system... it comes up short, is very glitchy, and it's voice commands are basically useless.
I agree with both. My wife's Sync may be less glitchy but I absolutely hate the interface. My uConnect is so much more user-friendly than her Sync.

The only thing that her Sync has is 18 SXM presets to my 12 but it changes the channel to the last one you listened to on each page of 6 that you thumb through (rather than let you peruse the preset list while listening to your current channel like uConnect does).

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I agree with both. My wife's Sync may be less glitchy but I absolutely hate the interface. My uConnect is so much more user-friendly than her Sync.

The only thing that her Sync has is 18 SXM presets to my 12 but it changes the channel to the last one you listened to on each page of 6 that you thumb through (rather than let you peruse the preset list while listening to your current channel like uConnect does).
UC5 allows up to 30 now. There is a bug I‘ve noticed that says you’ve reached your max even though all the presets aren’t full. You can set the number of -resets you want from 5-30.

0AA5A4E6-5476-426E-B13D-25B992268AAB.jpeg 5E05E38B-823E-4A49-9577-821274BF1DCD.jpeg D8FCC188-7C9D-43F4-BCD3-1A61A95F0251.jpeg

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I will say that the 22s with UC5 are much much better with voice commands. I can say “navigate or navigation” then the address with state and so far I’ve had no issues like UC4s voice interface.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I never talk to my radio, other than using Android Auto and replying to texts while driving sometimes. I'd rather just push the buttons so I know I get what I want

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never talk to my radio, other than using Android Auto and replying to texts while driving sometimes. I'd rather just push the buttons so I know I get what I want
I'm exactly the same way.

The only time I've "talked" to my truck is to change to specific SXM channel - and I've only done that a handful of times in 2 1/2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread