5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s going to differ among everyone, because everyone experiences different glitches on each of the software build numbers.
For me, 26.15 was the most stable one I’ve ran. Once I installed 26.17, it wasn’t 5 minutes before I got the buzzing sound coming through the speakers and the radio automatically reboots twice. This now repeatedly happens. Also, I have my home page set to CarPlay on top, factory nav on bottom, and display theme set to auto with the state of the headlights. At night, the factory nav on the bottom will correctly be in dark mode, but CarPlay on top will randomly switch between light and dark mode.
I'm still on S24.13 it never updates over OTA.
I didn't even know there was a night mode for CarPlay. I thought it was just always set at blinding light at least on mine.
I have night mode set (not automatic).

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s going to differ among everyone, because everyone experiences different glitches on each of the software build numbers.
For me, 26.15 was the most stable one I’ve ran. Once I installed 26.17, it wasn’t 5 minutes before I got the buzzing sound coming through the speakers and the radio automatically reboots twice. This now repeatedly happens. Also, I have my home page set to CarPlay on top, factory nav on bottom, and display theme set to auto with the state of the headlights. At night, the factory nav on the bottom will correctly be in dark mode, but CarPlay on top will randomly switch between light and dark mode.
How do you prevent FW auto-installation?

wills446

Reaction score
I didn't even know there was a night mode for CarPlay. I thought it was just always set at blinding light at least on mine.
Night mode for CarPlay depends on the settings of your iPhone. On your iPhone, Settings --> Display & Brightness. If you set it to "automatic" and "Light until sunset" then CarPlay will be in light mode during the day and dark mode at night.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Night mode for CarPlay depends on the settings of your iPhone. On your iPhone, Settings --> Display & Brightness. If you set it to "automatic" and "Light until sunset" then CarPlay will be in light mode during the day and dark mode at night.
I don't have an iPhone it's running Android. Shouldn't the head unit be handing the brightness and mode selections since it's the head unit?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't have an iPhone it's running Android. Shouldn't the head unit be handing the brightness and mode selections since it's the head unit?
I have everything on Dark Mode and it stays that way all the time on every screen. Cannot stand that bright white screen. Looks really cheap in my opinion.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello,

Please send us a PM, our team would be happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hello,

Please send us a PM, our team would be happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares
Respectfully unless you are going to give me the files to preform firmware updates i'm not interested. I only go to a dealership if it's a major physical repair that needs to be done as I don't want to be involved in any nonsense and from what I can tell you only are able to assist dealerships (and the people that go to them).

tech97elec

Reaction score
Mine stays on BT. I don't use Android Auto though.
When I start my truck my phone install auto connects and starts to play music with power amp and my truck was already on BT and stays.
Maybe check your phone and make sure it's set to auto play music, and connects with "media audio" checked off in settings->connected devices->ram
I FIGURED IT OUT! LOL

You must check your phone off in device manager, settings, set phone to "FAVORITE 1". IM so effing happy! Simple things in life.

After i checked that my phone was the fav #1, worked 3 times now, NEVER did before, not once.

Attachments

• 1675441653903369643033547003017.jpg
    1675441653903369643033547003017.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 62

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I FIGURED IT OUT! LOL

You must check your phone off in device manager, settings, set phone to "FAVORITE 1". IM so effing happy! Simple things in life.

After i checked that my phone was the fav #1, worked 3 times now, NEVER did before, not once.
Glad to hear it wasn't a problem on the Android side.

Shocked to see it was something to do with uConnect!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to hear it wasn't a problem on the Android side.

Shocked to see it was something to do with uConnect!
I am still trying to figure out how your android phone is using an apple system. What kind of sorcery you have going on?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out how your android phone is using an apple system. What kind of sorcery you have going on?
I have a device, similar to an Amazon Fire stick (that I use on all of my TVs for file access to my servers to play movies and stuff on any TV I own without needing to have a smart TV or streaming services).
It connects via USB to the uConnect5 and fools the system into thinking it's an iPhone so it can use Carplay (which does work full screen) but it's actually just a regular old android device with wifi and BT (connected to my ODB2 port in the picture).
It also supports screen mirroring and Android Auto to itself (so you can use Android auto on UC5 full screen to this device, which in turn connects to UC5 with Carplay.

RamSteel

Reaction score
I have a device, similar to an Amazon Fire stick (that I use on all of my TVs for file access to my servers to play movies and stuff on any TV I own without needing to have a smart TV or streaming services).
It connects via USB to the uConnect5 and fools the system into thinking it's an iPhone so it can use Carplay (which does work full screen) but it's actually just a regular old android device with wifi and BT (connected to my ODB2 port in the picture).
It also supports screen mirroring and Android Auto to itself (so you can use Android auto on UC5 full screen to this device, which in turn connects to UC5 with Carplay.

Well, that sounds like a great solution. Can you share the device that you're using? PM/DM if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread