5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
was yours at 26.15 when that was sent/updated?
Went from 23.13 in June to 24.13 in September then to 26.17 in December.

Don’t believe I’m part of any beta testing team. At least knowingly.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are you saying 26.17 isn't an update over 26.15?
Depends on your definiation of an update.
26.17 was not intended to be an update, it was suppose to be a bug fix from problems with 26.15. I remember battery drain while the truck was off was listed as one of the problems they yanked it for. Obiously I can't know for fact as I don't have access to Ram's internal software department.
I thought it was 26.15 that wasn’t supposed to have been released? 26.17 was released shortly after the 26.15 file was put online unofficially.
26.15 was released, then they pulled it from their OWA update repo. Lots of people got the update before it got yanked.
26.15 was out way before 26.17 was. at least 1-2 months.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on your definiation of an update.
26.17 was not intended to be an update, it was suppose to be a bug fix from problems with 26.15. I remember battery drain while the truck was off was listed as one of the problems they yanked it for. Obiously I can't know for fact as I don't have access to Ram's internal software department.

26.15 was released, then they pulled it from their OWA update repo. Lots of people got the update before it got yanked.
26.15 was out way before 26.17 was. at least 1-2 months.
You have proof of this?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was an TSB or star case document thingy floating around somewhere yes.
I never saved it as I never even got 26.15.
26.17 fixes a bug in 26.15. 26.17 will update all previous versions. I would consider 26.17 an update.

wills446

Reaction score
There was an TSB or star case document thingy floating around somewhere yes.
I never saved it as I never even got 26.15.
I saved it, here it is. I think Jimmy07 posted it originally. The bug in 26.15 is battery drain if a wiTECH diagnostic tool is connected to the truck. The fix is that after the diagnostic tool has been connected, you have to reboot the radio. I decided that was a bug I could live with and so I installed 26.15 from the download available here.

Attachments

• 040D360A-9E4C-4BDA-ACD7-E02053C23B23.jpeg
    040D360A-9E4C-4BDA-ACD7-E02053C23B23.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 38

GTG2022

Reaction score
Was just reading the new posts and read a few of the latest pages. I decided to check my version. It is 26.17. I don't know when it downloaded and I'm sure I'm not part of any beta or test group.

Attachments

• Update1 - Copy.PNG
    Update1 - Copy.PNG
    645 KB · Views: 46

tech97elec

Reaction score
S26.15 was a bootleg copy that was never released over the air. Soinstalled from the factorymeone posted it on this forum, and many installed it.
This is simply NOT TRUE! Not only myself but others have posted that their trucks came with S26.15 installed.

I now am on OTA 26.17 which works much better but i still cannot get my U connect to stay connected to BT even after a short ignition cycle. I have even "HIDDEN" every other source but BT, still reverts to FM PITA, have android, btw.

Anyone figured out how to get this thing to stay on BT? Just rediculous that this small item isnt addressed in software. I have other vehicles w 10 year old head units that stay on BT SOURCE after ign cycles.

tech97elec

Reaction score
This is simply NOT TRUE! Not only myself but others have posted that their trucks came with S26.15 installed.

I now am on OTA 26.17 which works much better but i still cannot get my U connect to stay connected to BT even after a short ignition cycle. I have even "HIDDEN" every other source but BT, still reverts to FM PITA, have android, btw.

Anyone figured out how to get this thing to stay on BT? Just rediculous that this small item isnt addressed in software. I have other vehicles w 10 year old head units that stay on BT SOURCE after ign cycles.
Sorry, somehow replied to an older post.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Mine stays on BT. I don't use Android Auto though.
When I start my truck my phone install auto connects and starts to play music with power amp and my truck was already on BT and stays.
Maybe check your phone and make sure it's set to auto play music, and connects with "media audio" checked off in settings->connected devices->ram

tech97elec

Reaction score
Mine stays on BT. I don't use Android Auto though.
When I start my truck my phone install auto connects and starts to play music with power amp and my truck was already on BT and stays.
Maybe check your phone and make sure it's set to auto play music, and connects with "media audio" checked off in settings->connected devices->ram
Damn. Thanks, ill check that setting. Dont use android auto though. Dont like it. Appreciate!

uconnectsucks69

Reaction score

Truing to figure out the Bluetooth disconnect issue.
What android phone are you using?

Kooch80

Reaction score
For those who think 26.15 was never released in vehicles. Just bought my truck last Thursday and that's the version that's on it. Brand new from factory

Attachments

• 20230129_091844.jpg
    20230129_091844.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 39

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those who think 26.15 was never released in vehicles. Just bought my truck last Thursday and that's the version that's on it. Brand new from factory
I think it’s been made pretty clear that 26.15 is out in the world. I originally made a statement that it was never published, and it was based on RamCares’ post. Little did I know they were completely wrong.

Q8hawk

Reaction score
For those who think 26.15 was never released in vehicles. Just bought my truck last Thursday and that's the version that's on it. Brand new from factoryYup! you
Yup you got it! Most posts regarding what version goes to what and where and when are guesses!
Ram would do all a favor by letting go of their tight hold of firmware released and let the customers do their own!

Last edited:

tech97elec

Reaction score
Yup you got it! Most posts regarding what version goes to what and where and when are guesses!
Ram would go all a favor by letting go of their tight hold of firmware released and let the customers do their own!
And.. they should stop posting stuff thats not true! Youd think they would know, but maybe not. Regardless, for those of you on 26.15 .......26.17 is MUCH better!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless, for those of you on 26.15 .......26.17 is MUCH better!
That’s going to differ among everyone, because everyone experiences different glitches on each of the software build numbers.
For me, 26.15 was the most stable one I’ve ran. Once I installed 26.17, it wasn’t 5 minutes before I got the buzzing sound coming through the speakers and the radio automatically reboots twice. This now repeatedly happens. Also, I have my home page set to CarPlay on top, factory nav on bottom, and display theme set to auto with the state of the headlights. At night, the factory nav on the bottom will correctly be in dark mode, but CarPlay on top will randomly switch between light and dark mode.

Users who are viewing this thread