5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

tech97elec

Reaction score
How is it so much better?
Screen would go black, backup camera would be missing, my fav pages would change randomly, the FM (lol) presets would be gone, id have an empty comfort page for seats, etc, etc. It was a mess, biggest was not having bu cam.

Since 26.17, none of that even once

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Screen would go black, backup camera would be missing, my fav pages would change randomly, the FM (lol) presets would be gone, id have an empty comfort page for seats, etc, etc. It was a mess, biggest was not having bu cam.

Since 26.17, none of that even once
I'm on 26.15 and it's been very good to me. I don't see any reason to update to 26.17, but I don’t think I have any control of that.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm on 26.15 and it's been very good to me. I don't see any reason to update to 26.17, but I don’t think I have any control of that.

Yeah, it’ll eventually find a way to update. I’ve declined mine several times since my 24.13 never had issues. The one it started on had black screen several times & speakers blare that loud obnoxious sound every once in a while. On 26.17 I’ve only had black screen once just the other day - the seats are on auto & they got hit AF!! Had to pull over at the gas station & restart, then it was fine.

tech97elec

Reaction score
Maybe prevent it from turning off the wifi i would think.... just remove any hotspots to your home.

But.... maybe it can update thru the satellite antenna, not sure i guess.

Odd how different version software works for some and not others. I deal with software all the time and can follow issues through software like clockwork. If theres an issue on one version, all have same problems in my field of work.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe prevent it from turning off the wifi i would think.... just remove any hotspots to your home.

But.... maybe it can update thru the satellite antenna, not sure i guess.

Odd how different version software works for some and not others. I deal with software all the time and can follow issues through software like clockwork. If theres an issue on one version, all have same problems in my field of work.
My truck updated from 26.15 to 26.17 today via an OTA update.
I didn't have a choice. I ignored the update message and shut the truck off.
After I restarted it later, it was updated. So far, there are no noticeable differences - which is good.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those interested, I manually uploaded via USB S26.15 several months ago and successfully got 26.17 via OTA tonight without an issue. No problems so far. I was worried I was never going to get an OTA but after 9 months it finally happened.

Twil6

Reaction score
My truck notified me today that update was available. I disregarded as 26.15 has given me no issues. I’m sure it will do automatically at some point or maybe I will go back to it this weekend

MLB12

Reaction score
Does anybody know the full extent of improvements 26.17 has, or fixing of any bugs? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to upgrade from 26.15.

Q8hawk

Reaction score

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Access denied​

Error code 1020
You do not have access to d.gibbs.ws.
The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site.
Strange, it works for me. Maybe it’s because you’re not in the US?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Access denied​

Error code 1020
The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site.
It worked for me

For anyone who wants to manually install S26.17, here’s a link to download the files. I don’t know how well this file set works or anything else, just passing along the info.

It's kind of annoying the package you shared has some version of maps on it.
It's 19GB but it is suppose to be 2GB. Whoever you got it from threw some versions of maps on it making the size stupid big (was able to confirm this by looking inside the package)
The last map update for UC5 was MONTHS and several UC5 versions ago in 2022 and is not tied to the UC version.
I was able to remove and re-zip it but I did not attempt to flash the firmware, there is a chance it could error out as they might of exported it noting the system to check for those map files

Not trying to sound like a d*ck it's just annoying with the huge file size because someone thought they were being helpful.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unbelievable!!
This is basically why I stopped sharing updates on this forum, except through PM. People beg for it repeatedly, then when they get it, they cry and complain.
That’s the update that was received from a dealership, and that’s how it was packed up. Go to the Stellantis site to update the maps to the newest.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Access denied​

Error code 1020
It works. Are you on a VPN or appear on a blocked networked?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unbelievable!!
This is basically why I stopped sharing updates on this forum, except through PM. People beg for it repeatedly, then when they get it, they cry and complain.
That’s the update that was received from a dealership, and that’s how it was packed up. Go to the Stellantis site to update the maps to the newest.
As you said that's the update that was from the dealership so I can assume we don't even know what version of the maps are on it
It's not your job to share the updates, you are doing it to be nice to people which is cool.
This is a Ram\stealership problem. Stating facts about file size, which also causes problems sharing are just facts.

I already have newest maps.
I would probably need to re-update my maps after running this version of the update.
It took me 45 minutes to update the maps on my truck using a USB 3.0 drive, firmware was 30 minutes I would assume this would take over an hour to go during that time having no nav, or wasting an hour of gas sitting idle.

I would be able to re-upload the file for other people with problems but I can't very easily if it's a 19-20GB file.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As you said that's the update that was from the dealership so I can assume we don't even know what version of the maps are on it
It's not your job to share the updates, you are doing it to be nice to people which is cool.
This is a Ram\stealership problem. Stating facts about file size, which also causes problems sharing are just facts.

I already have newest maps.
I would probably need to re-update my maps after running this version of the update.
It took me 45 minutes to update the maps on my truck using a USB 3.0 drive, firmware was 30 minutes I would assume this would take over an hour to go during that time having no nav, or wasting an hour of gas sitting idle.

I would be able to re-upload the file for other people with problems but I can't very easily if it's a 19-20GB file.
That guy at that dealership spent his own free time hunting this update down for us for over a month, being bugged with questions about it and which VINs he needed until he was finally able to narrow it down a two day build date. Thanks to the 2022 production thread, I was able to get the right set of VINs.
This is the last update that the OP of this thread, myself, and another guy that we collaborate with (the one that actually did all the legwork for the update) will post.

Twil6

Reaction score
Well that didn’t take long since I got the notification yesterday. It updated at some point today automatically. The only reason why I noticed is when I got in to drive the stereo volume seemed low even though it was turned up to where I normally have it. I checked and it was 26.17. So about 15mins later driving the stereo just get louder like normal. Crazy how much this updates and computers control.

Attachments

• A2E8D49E-905A-4164-8A03-0D03E4500782.jpeg
    A2E8D49E-905A-4164-8A03-0D03E4500782.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 39

Av1

Reaction score
That guy at that dealership spent his own free time hunting this update down for us for over a month, being bugged with questions about it and which VINs he needed until he was finally able to narrow it down a two day build date. Thanks to the 2022 production thread, I was able to get the right set of VINs.
This is the last update that the OP of this thread, myself, and another guy that we collaborate with (the one that actually did all the legwork for the update) will post.

Jimmy,

You and others have offered extensive help on this forum.

Don't let the bad apples spoil it for the rest. All forums have them and it's often hard to ignore.

Your expertise and legwork are always appreciated. Hope you keep it up.

Roman2179

Reaction score
It worked for me

It's kind of annoying the package you shared has some version of maps on it.
It's 19GB but it is suppose to be 2GB. Whoever you got it from threw some versions of maps on it making the size stupid big (was able to confirm this by looking inside the package)
The last map update for UC5 was MONTHS and several UC5 versions ago in 2022 and is not tied to the UC version.
I was able to remove and re-zip it but I did not attempt to flash the firmware, there is a chance it could error out as they might of exported it noting the system to check for those map files

Not trying to sound like a d*ck it's just annoying with the huge file size because someone thought they were being helpful.
It's generally a pretty bad idea to modify the update files. I have a buddy that used to work on UConnect and explicit instructions are to always to use the zip as provided. There are other items in the "map" files besides maps and changing the updates best case fails out and worst case bricks the radio with the middle ground of potentially causing issues that you don't know yet.

If you don't like it, you don't have to download it. You can click cancel as soon as you see the file size. This type of stuff isn't exactly driving us to work on hunting down new versions or bugging my friends that work at FCA about updates. If the USB updates bug you, no one is twisting your arm to download and install them; just wait it out for the OTA. You can't have it both ways of complaining about slow OTA rollouts and then complaining about the updates when someone provides the download.

Users who are viewing this thread