5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

mac424

Reaction score
I've pretty much all but given up on hoping to see this update come across OTA. Maybe I'll ask my dealer when I take the truck in for an open recall I have.

I've probably done 2 surveys from Ram where I gave honest feedback. Never was I contacted nor do they probably care. It's quite a show considering there's a lot of people just in this thread who would just like to know when their truck might get updated only to be told it's regional, but not sure the release schedule for each region or how the regions are even defined lol.

reapur

Reaction score
not sure if this will work for you, but when I was waiting for .17 to see if it would fix my problems (it didn't) I went into the update screen and disabled the wifi connection. then switched off the truck and waited a while for it to really turn things off. then I went back in and enabled the wifi. Then next time I started the truck to leave, I had a message for an update.

RamSteel

Reaction score
For the record, this update is just to add the notification of emergency vehicles active in our area. You can also tell it's a very minor update by the .17 revision number.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
For the record, this update is just to add the notification of emergency vehicles active in our area. You can also tell it's a very minor update by the .17 revision number.
S26.17 was never suppose to be an update over S26.15....
S26.15 was pulled from the update cache so if you didn't already have it then you are stuck on S24 like myself. Even trying to manually update to S26.15 it would reject the update after something they pushed from the cloud down.

Q8hawk

Reaction score
S26.15 was pulled from the update cache so if you didn't already have it then you are stuck on S24 like myself. Even trying to manually update to S26.15 it would reject the update after something they pushed from the cloud down.
so in short the entire uconnect 5 update system and updates are crap! System is broken and even updated new firmware do not fix issues!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
so in short the entire uconnect 5 update system and updates are crap! System is broken and even updated new firmware do not fix issues!
I don't have any problems.
I'm on S24.13

The update system itself works fine, Ram just decides to not allow anyone to download the update. Once its there and available to be downloaded I don't think anyone has had problems trying to download and it let it apply.
The problem with updating isn't with uConnect, it's with Ram refusing to make the OWA updates available to the systems and or provide offline update files.

Q8hawk

Reaction score
I don't have any problems.
I'm on S24.13

The update system itself works fine, Ram just decides to not allow anyone to download the update. Once its there and available to be downloaded I don't think anyone has had problems trying to download and it let it apply.
The problem with updating isn't with uConnect, it's with Ram refusing to make the OWA updates available to the systems and or provide offline update files.
I agree the problem is with RAM! I used to have 23.13 and was buggy as hell! Now am on 26.15 and so far so good! No issues! So much for RAM's OTA crappy policy! I honesy do not think their decision to block OTAs is based on logic!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll just say that even though I get frustrated for the same reasons, these issues seem to happen across all manufacturers both domestic & foreign.

RankinX

Reaction score
I’ll just say that even though I get frustrated for the same reasons, these issues seem to happen across all manufacturers both domestic & foreign.
i never had this issue with my Ford before, updates were done manually with a USB stick, however, i would know of updates and i was allowed to download and install them myself.

Uconnect actually tells us there is no update available, but it's just a blatant lie.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i never had this issue with my Ford before, updates were done manually with a USB stick, however, i would know of updates and i was allowed to download and install them myself.

Uconnect actually tells us there is no update available, but it's just a blatant lie.

I have heard that Ford is better with their tech but not without issue. Personally, I’d rather not have a turbo & would rather deal with tech issues vs engine issues.

What I mean though, is on the other forums I’m on is that users are complaining about the same tech features & updates - Honda, Acura, GM, Jeep, & folks on there or friends that have BMW, Mercedes, etc have all complained about the same things or similar than we’re dealing with here. Maybe in different ways, but the tech issues exist all across the board.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

How old was your Ford? My wife's '20 Explorer gets the updates over wifi. I can choose when/if to install those as well, which is nice

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you saying 26.17 isn't an update over 26.15?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wow
everyone is saying 26.17 was never released and yet here it is!
I thought it was 26.15 that wasn’t supposed to have been released? 26.17 was released shortly after the 26.15 file was put online unofficially.

Users who are viewing this thread