5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

mick243

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. Is your vehicle registered in the U.S? please send us a PM with your VIN, our team would be happy to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares
pm sent

RankinX

Reaction score
I noticed that the wallpaper for the theme 1 has changed on the 12 inch display, it is no longer like the wallpaper showing in the middle of the steering wheel screen. I kinda liked it more before, it looks odd, not sure if this is a glitch or not. Anyone noticed that? i was on update 22 something before i believe and installed 26.15

mac424

Reaction score
I see someone in MD got the most recent update. What region is PA in then? Haven't seen this one come across yet.

I looked to see if the IAT was on my G/T and looks like that's gone for me as well if it was ever there. I can't recall if I ever saw it or not lol.

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
S26.15 was a bootleg copy that was never released over the air. Someone posted it on this forum, and many installed it.
Thats not true. I had it in mine and never manually updated anything. At least one other person on here had same version 26.15. RAM said it wasnt released, but it was.

Im running 26.17 now and all seems better except for the annoyances of it forgetting that i just listened to BT, not FM and shows the APPS screen as well on start up, even though it was at HOME screen when turned off truck 5 mins earlier.

These little things should be fixed. Every head unit ive ever had reverted to last played source and screen.
My 22 without eTorque I just picked up last week came with 26.15 from the factory also.

Synced up to my house Wi-Fi hoping for the 26.17 update to get pushed down that was on the prior truck.

Definitely seeing some bugs in 26.15. I'll give it a week or so before I start hunting around a manual update.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 22 without eTorque I just picked up last week came with 26.15 from the factory also.

Synced up to my house Wi-Fi hoping for the 26.17 update to get pushed down that was on the prior truck.

Definitely seeing some bugs in 26.15. I'll give it a week or so before I start hunting around a manual update.

Well, I stand corrected. RamCares stated that it was never released to the public, and apparently they are uninformed.

jgmac98

Reaction score
it's frustrating that after over a year of owning this truck, the system updates have removed functionality (air intake temperature), introduced new bugs and fail to fix other bugs.

Despite being told by RAM to give it time after the updates, I'm still missing the Air Intake Temperature gauge on the home screen since the update to the S26.17 update. I've also come across numerous new bugs:
1. Once a bluetooth call is ended (by the other person hanging up), my screen does not go back to the home screen, rather it randomly decides to dispaly either the phone screen or the home screen or the navigation screen. I do not have Android Auto enabled. this worked before the update without an issue
2. along the top of the widget boxes on the home screen, there is titles (i.e. "Guages" or "Climate") on some widgets but not on others (i.e. the audio window is blank). Not sure if this has always been a problem, but since the update i find the boxes around the widgets are much brighter and prominent, it's obvious when 2/3 of the widgets have a title and 1 doesn't.
3. switching from one screen to the home screen now takes up to 5-8 seconds to display, were as it was much faster prior to the update
4. my rear defroster doesn't always turn on with remote start even though it is minus 20 celcius (prior to the update when it was this cold it always came on with remote start).
5. after reversing and then driving forward, the widgets at the bottom of the screen overlap with the soft buttons at the bottom of the screen for 5-8 seconds after the camera screen turns off then shift up to where they should be. This is annoying as if you try to turn on your passenger heated seat, if you try to press the heated seat button before the widget shifts up, it registers as if you pressed the vented seat option.
6. On the full screen navigation, the little triangle that is you isn't centered side to side in the map, it is about an inch to the right of where it should be. I don't believe it was a problem before

Other problems i've had for >6 months (existing prior to the S26.17 update that have yet to be fixed)
1. Horn Sound when double pressing lock on the key fob. This does not work even though i have the options selected in the menu. To get it to work, i have to turn the option off, turn the truck off, then after 10 minutes or so, restart the truck, set the option to 1 press, turn the truck off, wait 10 minutes, turn the truck back on and select the double press option then it will work for an unknow length of time. After a couple days to a couple weeks, the horn no longer works when locking and i have to go through the whole process again. It has been like this since i bought the truck November 30, 2021.
2. the last 6 months or so, using the dark theme on the 12" screen, often the HOME button on the bottom looks like it's been either pressed or is using the bright theme. To get it to go dark, i have to press any of the other bottom buttons (on the screen) then back to home and it is fine. Almost every time i start the truck it happens.
3. when i start the truck, it randomly displays a screen other than the home screen. Most of the time it appars to be the vehicle options, but not always. Why can't the home screen be displayed whenever the truck starts? I do have 2 different home layouts, but even if i delete one of them the remaining one still isn't what is displayed at start up.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
it's frustrating that after over a year of owning this truck, the system updates have removed functionality (air intake temperature), introduced new bugs and fail to fix other bugs.

Despite being told by RAM to give it time after the updates, I'm still missing the Air Intake Temperature gauge on the home screen since the update to the S26.17 update. I've also come across numerous new bugs:
1. Once a bluetooth call is ended (by the other person hanging up), my screen does not go back to the home screen, rather it randomly decides to dispaly either the phone screen or the home screen or the navigation screen. I do not have Android Auto enabled. this worked before the update without an issue
2. along the top of the widget boxes on the home screen, there is titles (i.e. "Guages" or "Climate") on some widgets but not on others (i.e. the audio window is blank). Not sure if this has always been a problem, but since the update i find the boxes around the widgets are much brighter and prominent, it's obvious when 2/3 of the widgets have a title and 1 doesn't.
3. switching from one screen to the home screen now takes up to 5-8 seconds to display, were as it was much faster prior to the update
4. my rear defroster doesn't always turn on with remote start even though it is minus 20 celcius (prior to the update when it was this cold it always came on with remote start).
5. after reversing and then driving forward, the widgets at the bottom of the screen overlap with the soft buttons at the bottom of the screen for 5-8 seconds after the camera screen turns off then shift up to where they should be. This is annoying as if you try to turn on your passenger heated seat, if you try to press the heated seat button before the widget shifts up, it registers as if you pressed the vented seat option.
6. On the full screen navigation, the little triangle that is you isn't centered side to side in the map, it is about an inch to the right of where it should be. I don't believe it was a problem before

Other problems i've had for >6 months (existing prior to the S26.17 update that have yet to be fixed)
1. Horn Sound when double pressing lock on the key fob. This does not work even though i have the options selected in the menu. To get it to work, i have to turn the option off, turn the truck off, then after 10 minutes or so, restart the truck, set the option to 1 press, turn the truck off, wait 10 minutes, turn the truck back on and select the double press option then it will work for an unknow length of time. After a couple days to a couple weeks, the horn no longer works when locking and i have to go through the whole process again. It has been like this since i bought the truck November 30, 2021.
2. the last 6 months or so, using the dark theme on the 12" screen, often the HOME button on the bottom looks like it's been either pressed or is using the bright theme. To get it to go dark, i have to press any of the other bottom buttons (on the screen) then back to home and it is fine. Almost every time i start the truck it happens.
3. when i start the truck, it randomly displays a screen other than the home screen. Most of the time it appars to be the vehicle options, but not always. Why can't the home screen be displayed whenever the truck starts? I do have 2 different home layouts, but even if i delete one of them the remaining one still isn't what is displayed at start up.
Did you factory reset your radio?
Always factory reset it after an update.
Yes I know that is not normal, but it helps on these units for some reason.

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
Well, I stand corrected. RamCares stated that it was never released to the public, and apparently they are uninformed.

I thought the same thing too until seeing it in my own truck after seeing the other person's posts. Just goes to show that the "official" response isn't always very accurate.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing too until seeing it in my own truck after seeing the other person's posts. Just goes to show that the "official" response isn't always very accurate.

I mean Ramcares is not a support person. They are some customer service department. They are getting their technical information from someone else.
I guess i'm the only one who sets my standards extreemley low when it comes to any correct techincal information from a car manufacturer.
Only the engineers know, and you will probably never encounter an engineer from a car manufacturer.

tech97elec

Reaction score

Youll see loss of settings, black screen w no back up camera, etc. Hopefully youll see the download soon

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How hard is it to manually update the UConnect 5 systems? Last week I had to do a reset on mine because one of the steering wheel buttons just totally stopped working. I'd like to update the radio and see if it solves the numerous issues I've had.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How hard is it to manually update the UConnect 5 systems? Last week I had to do a reset on mine because one of the steering wheel buttons just totally stopped working. I'd like to update the radio and see if it solves the numerous issues I've had.
That's the crappy thing - you can't force it to update (unless someone posts a pirated set of files somewhere). You just have to wait until the truck feels like updating itself.

jgmac98

Reaction score
Did you factory reset your radio?
Always factory reset it after an update.
Yes I know that is not normal, but it helps on these units for some reason.
yes, soft and hard resets/restarts done and factory reset throught he option page has all been done.

LimitedBend

Reaction score
You should be able to get the update if your vehicle is at 26.15

William
Ram Cares
I know you probably get asked this all the time….. but is there a timeline or a way to accelerate getting the 26.17 update ? 😁

Azsmc

Reaction score
Got the notice today as I was pulling into my garage that I had an update in progress.
All seems to be good after several reboots. S26.17 I’ll update any issues after I’ve had a chance to use it for a while.

Attachments

• E2422B91-9352-49BD-B627-54431867AFE1.jpeg
    E2422B91-9352-49BD-B627-54431867AFE1.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 38
  • D12E5AB6-A696-4E97-8418-8782493CF01A.jpeg
    D12E5AB6-A696-4E97-8418-8782493CF01A.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 9E2E2486-17FC-4A38-84F8-97E07420BB8D.jpeg
    9E2E2486-17FC-4A38-84F8-97E07420BB8D.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 61BE9AA2-B91E-4FE4-BD43-EEFB128AF76E.jpeg
    61BE9AA2-B91E-4FE4-BD43-EEFB128AF76E.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

KurtLaf

Reaction score
I just got the update as well right before I went into the grocery store. I hit update and when I came back out (~15 min) it was updated. No reboots so far. No issues noted. I don't have the hotspot activated and was not on any wireless network.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got the notice today as I was pulling into my garage that I had an update in progress.
All seems to be good after several reboots. S26.17 I’ll update any issues after I’ve had a chance to use it for a while.
Only difference I noticed was my heated seat/steering wheel icons at the top corners finally stayed put. Looks like you already had yours previously.

Other than that no improvements. One negative is when I start my truck it no longer remembers the last screen I was on before and pops up random screens so that’s pretty annoying. That wasn’t the case before this last update. Seems like they fix one thing and then create another problem somewhere else.🙄

Users who are viewing this thread