5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

Richluck

Reaction score
Well had the fix done. They actually finished it in one day to my surprise. Picked up the truck and have to say the AC is considerably colder and gets cold very quickly. Used to take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes to cool the cab if it sat in the sun. It was 87 degrees here in So Cal and the AC didn't disappoint. I had to turn it down for the first time ever. Also noticed the air flow is increased. Used to have to blow it on 7 the entire time. Now 5 feels like 7 used to be. No rattles or squeaks and interior is just the way it was when it was dropped off. Two issues I had were the outside temp gauge wasn't working when I picked it up. It works now but only after I cleaned the sensor area with an alcohol wipe. Also noticed Start Stop doesn't work with AC on. On the cluster it says disabled waiting for cabin to cool but it was seriously very cold in my truck. It used to work within a few minutes with the AC regardless of the temp. Unsure why it wasn't working. Could be the inside temp gauge? Or did they adjust it through a software upgrade to allow more time to cool? I am not complaining to much because who really likes the start/stop anyway. Probably head back to the dealer if it doesn't fix itself soon. No errors codes associated it just it is not working on turning off the engine.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well had the fix done. They actually finished it in one day to my surprise. Picked up the truck and have to say the AC is considerably colder and gets cold very quickly. Used to take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes to cool the cab if it sat in the sun. It was 87 degrees here in So Cal and the AC didn't disappoint. I had to turn it down for the first time ever. Also noticed the air flow is increased. Used to have to blow it on 7 the entire time. Now 5 feels like 7 used to be. No rattles or squeaks and interior is just the way it was when it was dropped off. Two issues I had were the outside temp gauge wasn't working when I picked it up. It works now but only after I cleaned the sensor area with an alcohol wipe. Also noticed Start Stop doesn't work with AC on. On the cluster it says disabled waiting for cabin to cool but it was seriously very cold in my truck. It used to work within a few minutes with the AC regardless of the temp. Unsure why it wasn't working. Could be the inside temp gauge? Or did they adjust it through a software upgrade to allow more time to cool? I am not complaining to much because who really likes the start/stop anyway. Probably head back to the dealer if it doesn't fix itself soon. No errors codes associated it just it is not working on turning off the engine.
Glad it helped. It really makes a huge difference!

Richluck

Reaction score
Yea I don't get it. I'm happy the TSB will help some but I guess I was expecting more. But then again I never thought the A/C was really a problem in my truck which is why I didn't rush out and get it done.
My AC was terrible before I went in for the fix. Now it's like a new truck should be. I had a 2017 GMC Canyon before I traded it in for my 2020 Laramie. The Canyon was ICE cold in 95 degree heat within minutes and it was a black truck. I even have 5% tint all around and it still didn't help cool the entire down.
Glad it helped. It really makes a huge difference!
IT really does. I am very happy. I feel like I just bought another new truck again. It's the only thing that was lacking with this awesome truck.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had this done as well and from the week I've had it since it appears to be better. The air from the vents is colder to my feel.

However it is still sub par to every other competitor.

Reaction score
Dropped my truck off a week ago at the dealer for this fix. Spoke to the dealer today and they have applied the fix with all the new TSB parts, put the interior back together (dash does have to come out), and it still does not work properly according to the dealer. Taking too long to cool down and vent temps are not cool enough. Supposedly the tech at the dealer is communicating with the folks at RAM on how to fix this. Dealer currently has no estimate as to when I will get my truck back.
I had the TSB completed and the A/c is noticeably cooler. Advisor said the TSB was completed working through the center stack only. Claimed the dash was NOT removed. No squeaks, scratches or noticeable service marks. Makes one wonder how the repair is actually accomplished.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had the TSB completed and the A/c is noticeably cooler. Advisor said the TSB was completed working through the center stack only. Claimed the dash was NOT removed. No squeaks, scratches or noticeable service marks. Makes one wonder how the repair is actually accomplished.
That is strange. Maybe they figured out another way to do it.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is strange. Maybe they figured out another way to do it.
Quite possible. The part may be right behind the center stack, and people didn't realize that was the easy way. I forget what it was for, but people were discussing something in the left side of the dash, and saying how hard it was to work on. Someone chimed in, and said pull the headlight switch and it made easy access.

rkjunior

Reaction score
Just finding this thread. The AC is trash (and has been) in my 2019 Rebel with now 55k on the clock. Is this TSB covered under the powertrain warranty or at this point would I be paying out of pocket?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just finding this thread. The AC is trash (and has been) in my 2019 Rebel with now 55k on the clock. Is this TSB covered under the powertrain warranty or at this point would I be paying out of pocket?
Same question but I’m on an extended warranty not mopar and 19 ram limited 2019

@RamCares

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Definitely not under powertrain warranty. Ask @RamCares to give you a good will repair since this is an ill design by FCA, and not any fault of your own or a failed part.

I have attached the TSB here for reference

Attachments

• MC-10184475-9999 2.pdf
    68.8 KB · Views: 26

rkjunior

Reaction score
Definitely not under powertrain warranty. Ask @RamCares to give you a good will repair since this is an ill design by FCA, and not any fault of your own or a failed part.

I have attached the TSB here for reference
Right on. I'm new here - you mean physically PM @RamCares about getting a good will repair approved? haha.. Sorry slow to how to get that moving.

I also have a very loud engine lifter tick im still not sure if its normal or part of a bigger manifold issue so I might try to have both looked at during the same visit.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Right on. I'm new here - you mean physically PM @RamCares about getting a good will repair approved? haha.. Sorry slow to how to get that moving.

I also have a very loud engine lifter tick im still not sure if its normal or part of a bigger manifold issue so I might try to have both looked at during the same visit.
@RamCares will probably ping you in this thread, but they will ask for a DM. So I would say go ahead and send one.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’ve sent a message to @RamCares lmk how your issue is resolved if you don’t mind.

rkjunior

Reaction score
Brought my 2019 Rebel in for a manifold repair and also complained about my poor AC performance. Unfortunately the truck is out of warranty (54k) but the AC has been trash for ages. Dealer is saying the AC systen is empty and they want $1000 to just diagnose the issue. I currently have a case open with Ram Cares but haven't had my case manager make contact yet.

Any suggestion on helping to convince them to cover this? I can't believe the AC is this unreliable on a truck just a few years old (bought at the end of 2019 in Nov)

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Brought my 2019 Rebel in for a manifold repair and also complained about my poor AC performance. Unfortunately the truck is out of warranty (54k) but the AC has been trash for ages. Dealer is saying the AC systen is empty and they want $1000 to just diagnose the issue. I currently have a case open with Ram Cares but haven't had my case manager make contact yet.

Any suggestion on helping to convince them to cover this? I can't believe the AC is this unreliable on a truck just a few years old (bought at the end of 2019 in Nov)
Could be hard to convince some dealers to perform a good will swap at no charge, since it’s not a recall I would push them since it’s a design flaw by FCA directly, and not a failed part. If no luck, you can always install the hack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/