5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

21RamGuy

Reaction score
Haven’t been able to find it yet 🤷🏻‍♂️
i'll go look right now i think it's under audio.. i noticed it stopped doing the ac going onto lower fan after turning off speed adjustment in the audio settings, I know it's supposed to be for the speed of the vehicle but this truck has 12k miles never been to a shop or updated by me and something changed after turning that off.. try that that's odd

Last edited:

GARebel19

Reaction score
With the help of RamCares the dealer completed the TSB on my truck this week. My drivers side center vent still varies from 2 to 3 degrees warmer than the passenger side. Prior to the TSB the difference was 6 to 7 degrees. So yes an improvement and I imagine this little difference may be normal but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this? The passenger side does not seem to blow cooler than it did before but I observed 42 degree temp's coming from that side prior to the a/c TSB and that was with an outdoor temp in the low 80's with high humidity.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
With the help of RamCares the dealer completed the TSB on my truck this week. My drivers side center vent still varies from 2 to 3 degrees warmer than the passenger side. Prior to the TSB the difference was 6 to 7 degrees. So yes an improvement and I imagine this little difference may be normal but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this? The passenger side does not seem to blow cooler than it did before but I observed 42 degree temp's coming from that side prior to the a/c TSB and that was with an outdoor temp in the low 80's with high humidity.
I haven’t really checked the pass side, but it’s a huge difference after the TSB

GARebel19

Reaction score
Yea I don't get it. I'm happy the TSB will help some but I guess I was expecting more. But then again I never thought the A/C was really a problem in my truck which is why I didn't rush out and get it done.

pikemike

Reaction score
Yea I don't get it. I'm happy the TSB will help some but I guess I was expecting more. But then again I never thought the A/C was really a problem in my truck which is why I didn't rush out and get it done.
I had the TSB completed a year ago on my 2020 Longhorn. The AC has been perfect ever since. So glad it worked.

U

User_3336

42 degree vent temp wasn't enough PRIOR?

Mine is 40 WITHOUT the TSB and it freezes me out.

GARebel19

Reaction score

Yes I always thought the passenger side was fine but there were times I noticed the drivers side was blowing warmer. Just pointing out that in my case the TSB brought the drivers side vent temps 3-4 degrees closer to the passenger side and still leaving a 2 to 3 difference. Again not complaining in any way. Just wondering if anyone else who has had the TSB done still has some difference in temps between the vents.

turkeybird56

Reaction score

GREG, U have a 2022, with the problems mostly resolved. I have an early built 19 (Apr 2018), and even with the TSB, AC not great, if run hard and long, may get down to 46, wish I had 42/40 blowing, since temps here are almost always triple digits. Good thing my ride is mostly a Driveway Princess.

Synergy26

Reaction score
I think people need to realize some thermometers aren't calibrated correctly. So when people say they are getting 40 I take with a grain of salt because these are computer controlled and I don't think will allow for temps to get below a certain level without cutting off. Lookup how to calibrate a thermometer with ice water

Last edited:

LakesAZ

Reaction score
While where I live it doesn't get that hot, I do travel down to Phoenix now and then where it is 100+ degrees. My AC has always kept us nice and cool so no TSB for me. Plus my 2020 has a 3/2020 build date.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think people need to realize some thermometers aren't calibrated correctly. So when people say they are getting 40 I take with a grain of salt because these are computer controlled and I don't think will allow for temps to get below a certain level without cutting off.
I only have one so I can’t compare it. Maybe I could try to borrow an infrared one to see what it says. It is cold tho, considering the heat and humidity we have

Synergy26

Reaction score
I only have one so I can’t compare it. Maybe I could try to borrow an infrared one to see what it says. It is cold tho, considering the heat and humidity we have
Search YouTube on how to calibrate a thermometer with ice water. There are a bunch of instructional videos on how to

Last edited:

Richluck

Reaction score
I just dropped my truck off at the dealer for this problem. Been dragging my feet on it because of not wanting rattles after the fix. Originally had it checked about 2 months ago and they advised me that it was operating normal. It wasn't actually as it took at least 20 minutes for it to cool down enough when operating in temps above 90 degrees. This is the main problem listed on the TSB. They checked the system along with topping of refrigerant and said there was nothing else they could do. I then mentioned the TSB I found on this forum and they said ok I wil have the tech look at it fully thinking they will just blow me off and say sorry it doesn't apply. To my surprise they ordered the parts and will do the repair. I was thinking about not doing it since I cannot live with squeaks or rattles but decided to anyway since this truck is so awesome and the AC is the only problem. Having to remote start it for 15 minutes just to go drive it after sitting in my driveway in 95 degree heat was such a waste of gas. The strange part is that sometimes the truck cools quickly and other times it never cools so I am thinking it's a actuator/ blend door problem as well with too much outside air coming in when recirculation is on. I notice that sometimes I get a lot of exhaust smell from freeway driving. Like literally there will be a motorcycle in front of me and it will accelerate and I immediately smell his exhaust. Hoping it will also fix that problem. My truck was built 2/20.

Users who are viewing this thread