5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

L a r r y

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat with you on the loaner. My 2019 is getting 3 broken manifold bolts replaced and it will be at the dealer for at least 3 days. The Ram warranty covers a loaner for this situation but doesn’t matter since they have no loaner. I wasn’t given any other options. If Ram really cares they would reimburse us for having to get a rental for their vehicle failing.
When I brought my truck in for a fuse that blew and a dead battery, one was offered (a freaking minivan) but since this shortage on cars, they don't/will not offer or provide one. Through this whole ordeal, I am less than pleased to with the service I have received. Both from the dealership and also RAM care

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have received excellent service from my dealer and Ram cares. I get loaner vehicles when needed and for smaller things that I wait for they have the truck back to me in relatively short order. The dealer experience goes a long way on how we feel about a vehicle...hopefully some of these other places will start to improve. They are there for SERVICE...including Customer Service.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Same here. Helfman Dodge in Houston (Katy Fwy @ Silber Rd), have been great to me
They've Enterprise on site and have given me complimentary rentals for the three years I've owned my truck.

Matthew White was my advisor. Never had an issue or a refusal to check anything out. Highly recommend him.

Cheers,

L a r r y

Reaction score
For any North Texas RAM owners, DO NOT USE FRISCO CJDR in Frisco TX

They've had my truck for a week, trying to get different results from the same diagnoses. I swear, monkeys could do a better job than those cats.

So because the dealership submitted that there was no error code for the HVAC system to my company who I have my extended warranty through, the work was denied. I did see in the TSB, that if there is no CODE for the issue, to use this code to perform the work. Am I reading this correctly, on what needs to be done to perform the work? This is copied from the TSB 24-001-20:

FAILURE CODE: The dealer must use failure code CC with this Service Bulletin. • If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used. • When utilizing this failure code, the 3C’s (customer’s concern, cause and correction) must be provided for processing Service Bulletin flash/reprogramming conditions.

Last edited:

Gs72174

Reaction score
When my dealer ran out of loaners last visit they drove me to Enterprise and had it direct billed to them
I asked about going to Enterprise and they told me that was on me and I’d have to pay for it.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello All! If your vehicle is experiencing some of the aforementioned concerns and you would like additional support alongside a dealer appointment let us know via private message. Our team is more than happy to review your information and offer added assistance.

Hannah
Ram Cares

WhiteKnight4x4

Reaction score
@RamCares
Has anyone had their ac system fail after getting the TSB done? Had the TSB done in June and today I have hot air coming through the passenger vents and barely cool through the driver vents.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
@RamCares
Has anyone had their ac system fail after getting the TSB done? Had the TSB done in June and today I have hot air coming through the passenger vents and barely cool through the driver vents.
No, just same poorly designed system. But if U lost all cooling, that sounds like a Freon Problem, not a module problem, IMHO... U could try a reset on entire system by pulling battery cables etc, but if U got fan running, but hot hair, and all turned on, really sounds like a Freon issue, unless somehow the thermostat control on dashboard disconnected,.

WhiteKnight4x4

Reaction score
No, just same poorly designed system. But if U lost all cooling, that sounds like a Freon Problem, not a module problem, IMHO... U could try a reset on entire system by pulling battery cables etc, but if U got fan running, but hot hair, and all turned on, really sounds like a Freon issue, unless somehow the thermostat control on dashboard disconnected,.
With the ac hack installed it is ice cold, 41 degrees. So it might be an issue with the blend door.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
The truck gets dropped off today, to get looked at tomorrow. I hope it's something as simple as a software update/calibration.
When they did the TSB on mine, with the changed software updates, and the new sensors moved, and others installed, etc, it slowed down the Remote Start Cooling Fan operation by like 50%, so I do not anymore get the great Remote Operations. I did check (3) 2021's on the lot and they all work like that now. I am hoping enuf PPL complain to FCA and maybe they come out with a software update. When I went back to my dealership with this problem, the Tech was able to program the blend doors a little, but the remote cooling fan operation is degraded 30-70%, IMHO, from what is was prior to the TSB and flash.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
The service advisor told me they are getting another tech involved because they still have no idea what is wrong. Guess I need to ask them to get a Ram engineer involved.
I hate to say it but what U reported no surprise. Nothing I hate more than to hear: Could not duplicate. But if U put on AC and all U get is hot air that gotta be a clue. I wish U luck in yer endeavors to get yer AC repaired. I personally do not buy Blend door issue: In my very minute mechanical knowledge: I think: No Freon, compressor not working, evaporator/coil issue, maybe a blocked/collapsed line and no Freon going to the evap. But gonna take someone A LOT SMARTER than me to chime in here.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know why people go back to a dealer after they screw something up. Go to another dealer.

21RamGuy

Reaction score
well guys and girls. i have a 21 ram 1500 and the ac does the same thing. at idle it's terrible at drive it's ok but still warm. ugh... just a update i hope not all 21's have this problem but mine does. waiting for a drink in the drive thru is the worst...

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well guys and girls. i have a 21 ram 1500 and the ac does the same thing. at idle it's terrible at drive it's ok but still warm. ugh... just a update i hope not all 21's have this problem but mine does. waiting for a drink in the drive thru is the worst...
That's pretty much the sign of a low charge. 1234yf refrigerant is expensive. Some beancounter probably told them to fill every truck less to save money and only top off people who complain.

My neighbor AC guy swears by removing 1234yf, changing the fittings ( although the have adaptors, you don't want someone to fill and mix refrigerant types ) and running r134a instead, cheaper and works better according to him. 1234yf is at least a 10% loss of cooling capacity just by physics. 1234yf is also much denser and uses more fuel to operate and compress.

"The reason for the changeover in the U.S. is that a refrigerant with a low global warming potential (GWP) qualifies for a special credit in the form of carbon grams per mile, which converts to miles per gallon. It’s equal to more mpg on the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) rating scale."

yet another BS reason to use crap tech to boost mpg numbers artificially.

The Critic

Reaction score
That’s normal. I have noticed the same issue after the fix was completed. When the truck is moving, the AC is a B/B+. At idle when there isn’t much airflow thru the condenser, it is a C+ at best.

Users who are viewing this thread