5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Waiting Room

Yossarian39

Reaction score
I posed the same question in a FB RAM TRX group and I got this response from a journalist who is testing the truck this week:

"Ok, so the engineer who knew exactly why the power running boards wont work wasnt there, but the rest of the team provided basic details. Evidently, some portion of the rear suspension gets in the way of the mounting system for the power running boards, so they will not mount up comfortably."

I assume that eventually AMP or similar aftermarket product will be available, but it looks like we may be stuck with the fixed offroad running boards or rock rails for the immediate future.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Info is starting to trickle in. Tonight at 6ish pm the embargo is completely off.

From tfl truck

Roman and Tommy put the new Ford Raptor and a Ram TRX to an acceleration test near Reno, Nevada (about 4,300 feet above sea level). The 2020 Ford Raptor clocks in the fastest 0-60 MPH time of 7.02 seconds. The new 2021 Ram TRX runs the same stretch at the same location in 5.17 seconds. That is a huge difference.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
RAM claimed 4.5 to 60

Car and driver just released their test. 3.7

Wow.

I love How Mopar plays with the fan boys. The RAPTOR crowd was saying the 4.5 was gonna be more like 5 flat...ha ha ha ha

NDanecker

Reaction score
Info is starting to trickle in. Tonight at 6ish pm the embargo is completely off.

From tfl truck

Roman and Tommy put the new Ford Raptor and a Ram TRX to an acceleration test near Reno, Nevada (about 4,300 feet above sea level). The 2020 Ford Raptor clocks in the fastest 0-60 MPH time of 7.02 seconds. The new 2021 Ram TRX runs the same stretch at the same location in 5.17 seconds. That is a huge difference.
Did they get their TRX? I know they had one on order but I didn't think any were delivered yet.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seen this review?

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Seen this review?

Yeah - I'm gonna rush out to buy it after a review like that...

Rick

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems that that guy has a beef against Mopar and doesnt have much ability to drive a truck around town. Other than that...he seemed impressed.

The guy at motor 1...he was extremely impressed.

_StangPGH

Reaction score

popcenator

Reaction score
Seen this review?
That guy hardly ever has anything good to say about Mopar. Just tell us if the truck is great or not. When the new Raptor comes out, he'll be singing a different tune despite the concepts being exactly the same. I'm not a big fan of their articles, there's a lot of bias in them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That guy hardly ever has anything good to say about Mopar. Just tell us if the truck is great or not. When the new Raptor comes out, he'll be singing a different tune despite the concepts being exactly the same. I'm not a big fan of their articles, there's a lot of bias in them.

Read the article again...you’ll find some “backhanded compliments”, but there’s also some real praise for the truck’s capabilities. They tried to position the TRX as pointless, but they were impressed nonetheless.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Read the article again...you’ll find some “backhanded compliments”, but there’s also some real praise for the truck’s capabilities. They tried to position the TRX as pointless, but they were impressed nonetheless.
Well.... If we’re being honest, the TRX class of trucks is pointless... (same with the Raptor).

Cool? Absolutely, but still pretty pointless ;)

popcenator

Reaction score
I read it. There were a lot of critiques that were quite the opposite of other reviews I've read. Like driveability, sensitive throttle. They also mentioned how tall the hood was, which I imagine is the same issue with every lifted truck. Yes they praised it's off-road capability, but I think at this point, it would be unrealistic and unprofessional to deny it. My point is, I've read many of their Mopar and Ford reviews and they have very different tones to them. It's one thing to point out point out actual issues of the truck, and another to not get what the truck is meant to be and take jabs at a brand just because.

The TRX is kinda pointless, but that's what Mopar has always been. Who needs 700+ HP in anything? Nobody, but I'm glad we have it in whatever variety we choose.

NDanecker

Reaction score

Sorry...but the pineapple who wrote this article is what's wrong with media today. He is extremely bias, and his personal agenda shines through hard. His name should be removed from every jury list in the US as there is no way he could give an impartial judgement. How dare he judge the truck and the person who this truck is marketed to. This is America. If I want a Big Mac biggie sized then allow me a Big Mac. Goes the same with the TRX. If you don't like it simply keep your unwanted comments to yourself or move along in your electric Nissan Leaf. The shear fact he is permitted to write articles is the bigger sin here. He should be banned.

EDIT: I was referring to Bradley Brownell of Jalopnik who wrote this article:

Last edited:

sdog

Reaction score
Well.... If we’re being honest, the TRX class of trucks is pointless... (same with the Raptor).

Cool? Absolutely, but still pretty pointless ;)
Orly?

They are as on point as a vehicle can get if one wants to get away from judgmental automotive 'journalists.' :)

Last edited:

NDanecker

Reaction score
I can't wait for owners to start complaining about mpg once the trx is out. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty that will never see double digit mpg. 10 city 14 hwy

My Trackhawk floated between 8 to 9mpg average over multiple tanks hand calculated. True average not some 50 mile easy highway run. Never once did I complain. Ya just know that going into it, but I agree there will be countless threads on how bad MPG is with these TRX's just as people complain with the basic 1500s. SMH

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Any Canadians in here bite the bullet and pay that hefty price tag $$$? If there is, we should be friends.. wink wink, nudge nudge.

Users who are viewing this thread