5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Waiting Room

sdog

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread for those with orders in and waiting for their trucks.

We can post our build sheets, update production/delivery dates, discuss potential mods, judge those who don't plan to off-road, and discuss our feelings about flower arrangements and favorite poets.

I'll go seventh ...

Reaction score
Howdy! Placed my order day after the reveal. I may or may not have a way to check people's VON or VIN to see the status of your builds...:rolleyes:

Cerino2000

Reaction score
And I just might love to have status updates on my VON of 46684636.

i gotta say...I’m just addicted. When I ordered my first Hellcat in 2014 the waiting sucked but I have to say I was in love with that car. A few years later, I learned that that first Hellcat was just a warmup for waiting for my Demon. Told myself no more waiting. Then later ordered a 1320. That took 4 months and was in fact a great car. And here I sit again...waiting on a truck that I’ve been waiting on for 4 years. What are they going to do next? A Cuda? man if they do that....

Cerino2000

Reaction score
I should also mention in the vid of the blog with the engineer, he said “job 1“ date was October 12th. I’m guessing we’ll see these things around Thanksgiving.

Paulny

Reaction score
I was thinking by Christmas, but Thanksgiving would be amazing. Fingers crossed (y)

sdog

Reaction score
So here’s a question for you guys ...

On the 18 Raptor I had installed the Decked system to schlep all my off road and recovery gear. I was thinking of doing the same with the TRX.

Now the Raptor, because it was so softly sprung for desert running, squatted as a result as between the system and the gear the whole thing weighed around 500lbs. Since I had the front leveled I ended up having reverse rake, so I swapped to heavy duty Deaver rear leaf springs and problem solved.

I’m going to guess the TRX, although without leaf springs, is going to be similarly softly sprung, and I don’t think it has air ride.

So what’s the solution?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So here’s a question for you guys ...

On the 18 Raptor I had installed the Decked system to schlep all my off road and recovery gear. I was thinking of doing the same with the TRX.

Now the Raptor, because it was so softly sprung for desert running, squatted as a result as between the system and the gear the whole thing weighed around 500lbs. Since I had the front leveled I ended up having reverse rake, so I swapped to heavy duty Deaver rear leaf springs and problem solved.

I’m going to guess the TRX, although without leaf springs, is going to be similarly softly sprung, and I don’t think it has air ride.

So what’s the solution?
Do not level it. That is what the rake is for. For the payload to level the truck.
Just my opinion. Can not wait to hear about the arrival and use of these TRX trucks.

Tom488

Reaction score
I too placed my order that Tuesday - though it didn't get accepted until Thursday. My VON is 46693367... if anyone should happen to stumble across a status on it :)

Cerino2000

Reaction score
Dealer contacted me today and said the area rep stated there was an issue with the ordering system in the first few days regarding the steering wheel. Seems that the steering wheel with the leather and suede is only available on level 2 equipment group and up. Mine is a level 1 but showed the leather and suede steering wheel. Wanted to know if I wanted to upgrade to level 2 or stay with level 1 and get a leather only steering. Personally I’m just fine with leather only. In any case seems they are getting things lined up to rock.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread for those with orders in and waiting for their trucks.

We can post our build sheets, update production/delivery dates, discuss potential mods, judge those who don't plan to off-road, and discuss our feelings about flower arrangements and favorite poets.

I'll go seventh ...

Chrysler already did that in the 1970s with flower power Mod Top vinyl roof options on their vehicles. :love:

Chrysler Mod Top.jpg

Last edited:

sdog

Reaction score
XhBf.gif

sdog

Reaction score
So here's a question, probably best answered by those who have a Rebel.

My truck is going to be all black, and the only thing that doesn't match is the grey skid plate, so that's not acceptable to my ocd.

Is the solution there to get it painted gloss back and then wrap it with xpel stealth to match the matte finish of the bumper?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So here's a question, probably best answered by those who have a Rebel.

My truck is going to be all black, and the only thing that doesn't match is the grey skid plate, so that's not acceptable to my ocd.

Is the solution there to get it painted gloss back and then wrap it with xpel stealth to match the matte finish of the bumper?

Surprised they is no option like the Rebel to get it black from the factory.

sdog

Reaction score
Surprised they is no option like the Rebel to get it black from the factory.

I wonder if I can use the one from the Rebel black appearance package on the TRX.

Iiuc the TRX front clip is a little wider than the Rebel's.

Users who are viewing this thread