5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Waiting Room

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My Trackhawk floated between 8 to 9mpg average over multiple tanks hand calculated. True average not some 50 mile easy highway run. Never once did I complain. Ya just know that going into it, but I agree there will be countless threads on how bad MPG is with these TRX's just as people complain with the basic 1500s. SMH
Agree fully.

antwon412

Reaction score

antwon412

Reaction score
Yeah but yours is rated, what, 19 city 24 highway? At that rate you'd be lucky to see 6 or 7 with your driving....
I don’t really drive it in any way that would affect mileage. Rarely accelerate briskly. 70 on the freeway. Gradual braking.
It’s been poor since I bought it. Even stock I never got above 16.5 or so. 13 around town.

Oh well.

brotharon

Reaction score
I don’t really drive it in any way that would affect mileage. Rarely accelerate briskly. 70 on the freeway. Gradual braking.
It’s been poor since I bought it. Even stock I never got above 16.5 or so. 13 around town.

Oh well.
Dont feel alone. I also have a Rebel, and it also gets crap MPGs. In comparison, I have a Honda Civic Type R that I can get to return 38-40 mpg on the hwy...in all honesty I have never driven a vehicle that I wasnt able to get, at least, the MPG on the window sticker, but that Rebel will not do more than 15 mpg, and I dont really care because that is not why I bought it.

I look forward to my TRX showing up so I have blower noises and a loud exhaust to comfort me as I pull into the gas station.

Hydro Blue...almost every option (no tech package or beadlocks)...waiting...waiting...waiting

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dont feel alone. I also have a Rebel, and it also gets crap MPGs. In comparison, I have a Honda Civic Type R that I can get to return 38-40 mpg on the hwy...in all honesty I have never driven a vehicle that I wasnt able to get, at least, the MPG on the window sticker, but that Rebel will not do more than 15 mpg, and I dont really care because that is not why I bought it.

I look forward to my TRX showing up so I have blower noises and a loud exhaust to comfort me as I pull into the gas station.

Hydro Blue...almost every option (no tech package or beadlocks)...waiting...waiting...waiting

That's because the window sticker isn't based on the Rebel specs, but on a "street" setup RAM. The EPA doesn't test all vehicles and gives FCA rights to apply those figures across the board, but allows for exceptions, which FCA didn't do on the Rebel unlike GM with did lower the mpg on the Trail Boss packaged equipped Silverados over other packages.

There is no way a 33" tired 3.92 rear axled RAM is going to get the same mpg that a street tired 3.21 axled RAM will, and that's FCA being wrong here. Based on previous experience, I knew what to expect on my Rebel, but other people who aren't familiar with this setup will be in for a shock if they expect that window sticker.

I do average about 13 mpg mixed, but pure highway, I can get 17 mpg.

AAmes

Reaction score
I drive my Rebel mostly on highway, and my average is 17 mpg. 14 around town, 18-19 on hwy.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve gotten 24 MPG out of my Rebel but keep in mind that up here the speed limit is 60 MPH .

sdog

Reaction score
Anyone have any update on their build?

sdog

Reaction score
Nope, ordered in Aug still don't have vin just von.

Same, ordered Aug 18th, but only VON. Order status still BG

Have VON&VIN, still no joy on a build date ... keep getting the standard TRX is scheduled for 4th quarter production/please check with dealer for more details response from RAM chat.

On the plus side, my order is in for the Durango Hellcat, so excited about that one as well. Still teetering between the garbage bag grey/black stripe launch spec or switching to black with matte black stripe and red stripe edge.

Juiced6

Reaction score
Anyone have any update on their build?
Heard deliveries have been delayed a month or so. Late Dec/Jan now.

I have a VIN but dealer doesn't know when it will be built. Order was submitted 8/24

Last edited:

sdog

Reaction score
Still crickets from Ram.

Wonder what the problem is.

NDanecker

Reaction score
On another board specific to Ram TRX there are some captures/quotes from people who work the production line and stated production will resume next week. Guess this assumes they were on hold because of part supply and/or covid issues. Either way I read no 'production' TRX was built yet.....which I find surprising. At one point I read 6 units a day were being built but these are test units for reviewers (pre-production), and will be eventually crushed when their time is over. I'm sure FCA has their reasons but I would be rather upset to wait this long for a truck. People will be lucky to see their trucks Jan or Feb at this rate (and these are people who ordered Aug 28th - day 1).

Users who are viewing this thread