5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Waiting Room

Tom488

Reaction score
So how many can be built a week?
Plant shut downs for the holidays?

I was told late December most likely January to get mine. How long does it take from starting on the line to delivery?
My 2019 was built on Nov. 6th, and delivered on Nov. 30th. That's Michigan to New Jersey. Areas with less-frequent rail service could be a little longer.

Juiced6

Reaction score
My 2019 was built on Nov. 6th, and delivered on Nov. 30th. That's Michigan to New Jersey. Areas with less-frequent rail service could be a little longer.
My dealer said they capped the initial build to 2000 units for the first 4-6 months. Hearing Dec/Jan delivery wishes i could have mine built in March for April delivery in hopes there would be no salt on the road

gthomas719

Reaction score
I stopped by the parts department earlier today ...

The part number for the black skid plate is 5ZB47GXHAA in case one wants to swap out their grey one. I can't promise that they are identical but they appear to be so. I'll have mine installed at delivery and report.

The other thing I notice is that the RAM nameplate on the grille seems to have a grey outline around it, presumably to match the grey skid plate ... I wonder if the Rebel black nameplate will fit as they seem to have different grille configurations.

2020_ram_rebel_black_2.jpg

2021-ram-1500-trx.jpg

Did you ever get that black skid plate and did it fit your rebel? I'm looking for one to replace the silver/grey one that is on my black rebel...

sdog

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my TRX to get here before buying it.

It will definitely fit your Rebel as it was made for it.

asplund_swe

Reaction score
Job 1 is Oct 12th. The 702 Launch Edition trucks will be built first, and normal builds should start around the first week of November. First normal models would probably start arriving at dealers around Thanksgiving.
Ordered a Launch Edition first day, my truck has VIN and VON but no estimated ship date. The dealer ordered other non-launch Ed and two has ship dates of 10/29. Any insight on if they are producing the Launch Ed first?

gthomas719

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my TRX to get here before buying it.

It will definitely fit your Rebel as it was made for it.

Thanks. I’ll be calling the dealer to see if they can order one for me tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAmes

Reaction score
Ordered the TRX 8/18/2020, so hope I am in the first batch built.

sdog

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a confirmed production date yet?

I'm getting that 'production delayed' vibe from the ethers, or it could just be the alcoholism.

sdog

Reaction score
I did not know that the hellcat hoods were also known as Power Bulge.

Last edited:

pdavey168

Reaction score
So who tracks Vin's in the group? I have a launch edition vin number but can't find anywhere to track it.

Juiced6

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a confirmed production date yet?

I'm getting that 'production delayed' vibe from the ethers, or it could just be the alcoholism.
Factory workers on FB stated production began 10/6 but not many are being made.
Should ramp up to 50/day before the end of the month.

sdog

Reaction score
Weird that some are being produced but no one has a production date on their order.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Weird that some are being produced but no one has a production date on their order.
May be an indication of just how small a group of Ram owners go on forum boards and then this particular board. Another reason why when a few people complain about the quality of the brand or have an issue it may not always point to a serious issue effecting majority or all trucks.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Local dealer here getting a launch edition no eta price $130K+ got to love Canadian prices.

Yossarian39

Reaction score
I ordered a Granite Gray Level 2 TRX on 10/1 and I have a VON, but I have not followed up with the dealer on the status of the build or even if a VIN has been assigned. Does anyone know if there will be factory mounting points and a wiring harness plug in for power running boards. They are not an option on the 2021 TRX so I want to know if my 2019 steps will be plug and play. Specifically will they be accessible through the touch screen as on the 2019. Also trying to determine if I pull the power steps off my 2019 and plan to install myself or will it be better to just buy the aftermarket.

Tom488

Reaction score
I ordered a Granite Gray Level 2 TRX on 10/1 and I have a VON, but I have not followed up with the dealer on the status of the build or even if a VIN has been assigned. Does anyone know if there will be factory mounting points and a wiring harness plug in for power running boards. They are not an option on the 2021 TRX so I want to know if my 2019 steps will be plug and play. Specifically will they be accessible through the touch screen as on the 2019. Also trying to determine if I pull the power steps off my 2019 and plan to install myself or will it be better to just buy the aftermarket.
There will be mount points for the steps, same as any 5th gen truck, and is what they use to mount the off-road steps or the rock rails. But there will be no wiring harness, nor any integration into the touch screen. I intend to get a set of Amp Research Power Step XLs and install them myself. You'll need to do similar, as you need the controller and wiring that will come with the aftermarket kit, including the OBD-II plug to talk to the BCM and detect when the doors open and close.

NDanecker

Reaction score
I am not sure but I believe the AMP steps go lower then the factory ones. i know they offer 2 different sizes and I got the standard size (not XL). I installed the AMP steps and when they open with the truck in EE mode (I have air suspension) they almost hit the ground. I don't recall the factory ones feeling like that when I was shopping for my truck. Unfortunately I couldn't find the truck I wanted with the factory ones so thought going with AMP would be identical. Wish I would have waited or ordered the factory ones as they seem better sized for the truck.

With that said, you may be ok with the TRX as 1) it doesn't have air suspension and 2) it sits much higher. I just wish I had control over when to deploy them without having to unplug the connector. I also have a wide band connector plugged into the OBD port so the AMP connector sits even lower and is visible. Just looks stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread