5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Grill on Laramie

jan_riefkohl

Reaction score
This is on my big horn it fit perfect no modification at all

fec7c8714a11a85a51d3ba9fa7514eb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d really love to see that grill color matched to see if it looks even better.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
could be, i think it's the panels under the hedalights... i'm pretty sure they're different between laramie and rebel. either way, looks great!
The grill, bumper, and piece underneath the headlights are all different. The bumper is larger on the Rebel vs the other models and raises up higher. Because of that, the Rebel grill is slightly smaller as well as the pieces underneath the headlights.

mesoavery

Reaction score
I'm wondering how the front camera will mount in this grill. I see a spot for it in the grill but my Laramie's camera looks to be some what integrated into the current RAM logo and will it affect 360 since it looks like it will be mounted lower

Attachments

• camera.jpg
    camera.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 155

GermanDreams

Reaction score
Are you guys ordering the ram lettering separately? Also what are you wiring uo the lights to?

jan_riefkohl

Reaction score
Are you guys ordering the ram lettering separately? Also what are you wiring uo the lights to?

They come with the grille and I’m purchasing a speedtechlight wireless switch since im gonna be adding a light bar aswell

GermanDreams

Reaction score
Got the ground in engine bay next to fuse box and ram the red wire to cabin driver side and used fuse f66 with an add a circuit fuse

Is the f66 a fuse that comes on with accessories also what add a circut did you utilize?

Julio13

Reaction score

jan_riefkohl

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay! Fitment is good. Finish is questionable but could be fine. I plan to wrap the the border of the new grille anyways and upper chrome piece in a color that will be coming soon. I ran the coolest temps to date pulling my travel trailer. Before at the top of sustained 5-7% grades I’d hit 237 on coolant and 267 on oil. New temps now bounce off 228-230 coolant and stay at 255 oil. I even pushed it harder just for science on last climb and netted 228 and 257 oil, so it’s really staying solid.

Another great effect is the A/C would be warm by the top, now it’s still frosty. Now ambient temps were hotter last pull but not enough to say these results are nil. I also did a day to day comparison towing with old grille on same highway stretch at same temps. Resulted in 3 degree coolant drop and 2 degree oil drop. Doesn’t sound like much but when you get to the top of the grades towing 7500 lbs in the desert that little bump multiply’s. Plus these trucks are just set up to run in that heat range to begin with so we won’t see much change in normal operating temps.

Another piece to the puzzle, I removed my horn at the same time and am relocating it to the bumper. Why they take up any Of the little Realestate there is in that small window to the radiator with the horn beats me. After thought by the trim department. Umm well it fits here… durrr!

Overall very pleased with the results. Next year in the middle of summer will be the real test. The grille is surprisingly decent for the price. It attaches to your main grill frame. So it provides good support to the new grille. Hardest part was those dang Laramie fender flares. Everything else was easy. Hope this was some what insight full to anyone interested. Like I’ve mentioned before my Maine goal was for cooling purposes.

Hey I just ordered mine but I would like to know what connecters the lights have and what gauge wire.

jan_riefkohl

Reaction score
Hey I just ordered mine but I would like to know what connecters the lights have and what gauge wire.

Hi for anyone who has one already on hand, does it include a wiring harness for the lights?

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
Anyone else get this installed and willing to share photos?

mesoavery

Reaction score
OK, so grill cam in yesterday. Here is what I think/found. Quality definitely feels cheap. It attaches to the OEM grill shroud so that increases rigidity but it almost has a 3d printed feel. Looks great though. I didn't full install as front camera doesn't fit at all. Mounting screw post using just the camera doesn't fit either and it would be angled horrible/pointed at grill bar if it did. I feel like I need some kind of shroud like my Laramie has for the camera, OEM camera shroud is built into the RAM logo, or a new front camera. Is the Rebel camera different and if so you think it would fit? Any help would be appreciated.

(Oh, I removed the 4 running lights. just two screws each. I wasn't sure about the looks on a Laramie, personally think they look better on a Rebel and fits with that theme better.)

Attachments

• grill2.jpg
    grill2.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 458
  • grill3.jpg
    grill3.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 459
  • grill4.jpg
    grill4.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 435
  • grill5.jpg
    grill5.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 419
  • grill6.jpg
    grill6.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 408
  • grill7.jpg
    grill7.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 442

jan_riefkohl

Reaction score
OK, so grill cam in yesterday. Here is what I think/found. Quality definitely feels cheap. It attaches to the OEM grill shroud so that increases rigidity but it almost has a 3d printed feel. Looks great though. I didn't full install as front camera doesn't fit at all. Mounting screw post using just the camera doesn't fit either and it would be angled horrible/pointed at grill bar if it did. I feel like I need some kind of shroud like my Laramie has for the camera, OEM camera shroud is built into the RAM logo, or a new front camera. Is the Rebel camera different and if so you think it would fit? Any help would be appreciated.

(Oh, I removed the 4 running lights. just two screws each. I wasn't sure about the looks on a Laramie, personally think they look better on a Rebel and fits with that theme better.)

This pisses me off to levels I thought I couldn’t reach. I have a front camera as well and It looks like the camera area was an afterthought, it wont fit at all.

mesoavery

Reaction score
Hi for anyone who has one already on hand, does it include a wiring harness for the lights?

Took a picture for you. It comes with a wiring harness with 4 connector pigtail on one side.

Attachments

• PXL_20211013_135613233.jpg
    PXL_20211013_135613233.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 134

jan_riefkohl

Reaction score
Took a picture for you. It comes with a wiring harness with 4 connector pigtail on one side.

Thank you!! Honestly don’t know if I’m going to be installing it or not due to the front camera thing. My question is, is the camera in a fixed position. Can you not move ir farther forward?

mesoavery

Reaction score
Thank you!! Honestly don’t know if I’m going to be installing it or not due to the front camera thing. My question is, is the camera in a fixed position. Can you not move ir farther forward?

Zero adjustability. Everything is fixed mounted. I feel like they used some other camera/shroud but what IDK. OEM Laramie is a no go.

Users who are viewing this thread