5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Grill on Laramie

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
I just ordered this one. Went back and forth with this and the rebel style one. The rebel style one was copied from the the pre 19 rebel grill so decided to go with the Trx style. I see in the pic that there is a hole where it looks like a front camera would mount. Can’t wait to check this out.

mesoavery

Reaction score
I just ordered this one. Went back and forth with this and the rebel style one. The rebel style one was copied from the the pre 19 rebel grill so decided to go with the Trx style. I see in the pic that there is a hole where it looks like a front camera would mount. Can’t wait to check this out.
You are correct, there is a hole for the camera, but it is missing a required shroud. The factory camera will not just fit in this hole without it sadly. On my Laramie the camera screws into a shroud within the RAM front logo. Without the shroud you cannot use this grill if you have the factory 360 camera system until one is made available septically for this grill.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Epoxy, and a polymer or fiberglass should be able to make some sort of mount when you remove the camera from the shroud.
but maybe where it can be mounted

akostaac

Reaction score
OK, so grill cam in yesterday. Here is what I think/found. Quality definitely feels cheap. It attaches to the OEM grill shroud so that increases rigidity but it almost has a 3d printed feel. Looks great though. I didn't full install as front camera doesn't fit at all. Mounting screw post using just the camera doesn't fit either and it would be angled horrible/pointed at grill bar if it did. I feel like I need some kind of shroud like my Laramie has for the camera, OEM camera shroud is built into the RAM logo, or a new front camera. Is the Rebel camera different and if so you think it would fit? Any help would be appreciated.

(Oh, I removed the 4 running lights. just two screws each. I wasn't sure about the looks on a Laramie, personally think they look better on a Rebel and fits with that theme better.)
what colors are the RAM letters? is it grey?

mcosub

Reaction score
Epoxy, and a polymer or fiberglass should be able to make some sort of mount when you remove the camera from the shroud.
but maybe where it can be mounted
i cant believe someone hasn't 3d printed a cameras shroud for this one yet. Could definitely sell them from the likes of things

Bcant85

Reaction score
It takes a good amount of work, but the grill will work with the Rebel, but not with the factory bumper

Attachments

• 1A47B8CA-06F9-4A2B-9329-B40B01D81A2A.jpeg
    1A47B8CA-06F9-4A2B-9329-B40B01D81A2A.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 985EDE93-D574-4455-897D-B65D5010B990.jpeg
    985EDE93-D574-4455-897D-B65D5010B990.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 265

jan_riefkohl

Reaction score
i cant believe someone hasn't 3d printed a cameras shroud for this one yet. Could definitely sell them from the likes of things

That’s something I’ve been planning to do with my 3D printer for the last year but haven’t gotten around to it. Keep forgetting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blem

Reaction score
With more modifications it should definitely fit t
I just got the ebay TRX looking Grill install the Fitment isn’t very good had to do some modifications.
Cut the side clips of the grill.
Adjust the hood Latch the grill is bit higher so it didn’t wanted to close the hood.
The hood on the sides is a bit lifted still need to do some more mods maybe trim the sides on top of the grill.
They definitely need to do some more work in to it order to get a perfect fit.

This looks great! Were you able to make the additional modifications to make this fit properly? If so, do you have any photos you can share with those additional modifications? The ones you already posted are very helpful!

adboyd06

Reaction score
To those that installed the TRX style grille on a white RAM can you please post up a few more pictures? Thank you.

Alfonse

Reaction score
I received this grill and have it mounted to the factory bracket. I getting ready to install it back on the truck and was hoping someone could take pictures of the amber light wiring they did.

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I ordered what I believe to be the same grill from Amazon today.

I have a couple questions though.

First, are the RAM letters a dark grey? I’m wondering how close Granite Crystal Metallic they are.

Second, I’m not crazy about the Amber lights, is there a white LED substitute that anyone has seen or tried?

Thanks for your time.

Hugearse

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I ordered what I believe to be the same grill from Amazon today.

I have a couple questions though.

First, are the RAM letters a dark grey? I’m wondering how close Granite Crystal Metallic they are.

Second, I’m not crazy about the Amber lights, is there a white LED substitute that anyone has seen or tried?

Thanks for your time.
I installed this grille on my truck over the weekend. I would say the color is a darker grey color for the lettering. I wound up ordering some smoked grille lights replacements off of eBay. Here's some white ones that should fit that grille just fine.

Here's a pic of the front end of my truck, I'll have to get a better close up of the lettering for you.

*Edit* here's a better close up for you of the lettering

Attachments

• 20221124_113553.jpg
    20221124_113553.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 20221121_110003.jpg
    20221121_110003.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 114

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I installed this grille on my truck over the weekend. I would say the color is a darker grey color for the lettering. I wound up ordering some smoked grille lights replacements off of eBay. Here's some white ones that should fit that grille just fine.

Here's a pic of the front end of my truck, I'll have to get a better close up of the lettering for you.

*Edit* here's a better close up for you of the lettering
Thanks so much for quick and helpful response! I ordered the lights you sent the link for. I picked up a rattle can or granite Crystal Metallic for O’Reily just in case. The grill is supposed to get here Sunday. I’ll see how motivated I am. I will be installing the Ramair CAI this weekend too.

You’ve got a good looking truck!

Hugearse

Reaction score
Thanks so much for quick and helpful response! I ordered the lights you sent the link for. I picked up a rattle can or granite Crystal Metallic for O’Reily just in case. The grill is supposed to get here Sunday. I’ll see how motivated I am. I will be installing the Ramair CAI this weekend too.

You’ve got a good looking truck!
Of course. Glad I could help. The lettering comes separate also so you won't have to worry about masking anything off. The only thing that really gave me any trouble was popping the tabs off the mounting bracket that holds the grill on. Oh and the tabs on the trim pieces by the grille can be a pain, I wound up breaking one but luckily didn't affect anything. Other than that it wasn't too bad to put on. I'm going to finish wiring the lights up this weekend once my replacements get here tomorrow. Thank you, I appreciate it. I was looking into those intakes but wound up going with one from AFE. The engine definitely feels more peppy now, plus it sounds great.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I received the grill yesterday and the lights from eBay today. The RAM letters were a great match for the Granite Crystal Metallic color of my truck. I just gave the letters several coats of clear to protect the paint. Unfortunately, the white lights with smoke covers from eBay were too big for the openings on the grill, I probably could have used a Dre Mel to make them work, but I didn’t want to go that route. I considered no lights versus orange lights as I worked to take the factory grill off. Ultimately I decided to stick with the orange lights and I am glad I did. I think the orange lights look good and white ones would have been too much white light in the front. Anyway. Here are some pics. I’ll get a daytime pic tomorrow.

Factory Grill
DE1FA189-50B4-41F7-9AF3-B0F65F496659.jpeg

Amazon Grill
21FA9386-E3E0-4BBD-9026-BEADB9D6136D.jpeg

DRLs
F61B5FFC-D325-4066-BFA5-61523769F8EE.jpeg

Full lights
D2D9E3AF-EF58-4104-BD5F-42D38CF2C04B.jpeg

Daytime
EADD6AC2-FCEB-46A1-8520-7A3ACCCFCBC5.jpeg
AFD9437B-4CAC-4299-998A-35C44FF0E134.jpeg
F04E174E-1D0D-4BE6-BCC8-0453C2FB130F.jpeg

Last edited:

Hugearse

Reaction score
I received the grill yesterday and the lights from eBay today. The RAM letters were a great match for the Granite Crystal Metallic color of my truck. I just gave the letters several coats of clear to protect the paint. Unfortunately, the white lights with smoke covers from eBay were too big for the openings on the grill, I probably could have used a Dre Mel to make them work, but I didn’t want to go that route. I considered no lights versus orange lights as I worked to take the factory grill off. Ultimately I decided to stick with the orange lights and I am glad I did. I think the orange lights look good and white ones would have been too much white light in the front. Anyway. Here are some pics. I’ll get a daytime pic tomorrow.

Factory Grill
View attachment 144847

Amazon Grill
View attachment 144848

DRLs
View attachment 144849

Full lights
View attachment 144850

Daytime
View attachment 144863
View attachment 144864
View attachment 144865
Looks freaking sweet on your truck. The amber is growing on me too. I haven't tried to install those lights yet. I haven't even taken them out of the shipping package yet. I don't think I'm brave enough either to cut up the grille to make them fit. I apologize for them not working. I didn't even notice they were a different size. The one issue I ran into with the letters is the mounting tape wasn't the greatest on one of the letters so I wound up getting some 3M tape from AutoZone to replace it. What did you wind up taping into for the lights? I wound up running the ground to one of the factory grounding points and the power to the positive side of the fuse for the trailer running lights. That way it's removable just in case anything happens anyways.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/