5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Grill on Laramie

Slonis

Reaction score
Has anyone ever installed a TRX grill in Laramie? Are there any replicas here because of the big headlights?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You would have to swap a lot more than just the grille. You'd have better luck on a Limited or Longhorn because at least those models share the headlight shape. I don't think anyone has done that yet.

Slonis

Reaction score
And a TRX „style“ grill?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
Seriously interested in this but have been hesitant to pull the trigger. Looking forward to the feedback! 👍🏼

Chief holley

Reaction score
I got one of these in my garage collecting dust. I’ll let it go for $100, locals only because of the shipping price

Chief holley

Reaction score
Did you just end up not liking it for some reason?
So I had a 2019 Ram Laramie that is in the pics below. I had big plans that I was going to de-chrome it, change the grille, some performance things, add a 12in screen...And one after another, plans kept getting messed up. The breaking point was trying to put in the damn 12in screen, I ran into a 3 month snafu with and still didn't get it to work...I so happened to be scrolling the internet for parts for the trucks and then saw a pic that pretty red truck pictured below. 2021 Laramie, 12in screen, pano roof, 22in wheels and was a blackout edition. I called Ram and they said they would buy my truck outright.....yeah, I was down there the next day to pick up Diana! Honestly, the grille is just plastic and feels cheap to me.

Attachments

• del ram.jpg
    del ram.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 839
  • IMG_0220[10037].JPG
    IMG_0220[10037].JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 847
  • Diana.jpg
    Diana.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 859

Pristine1

Reaction score
I’m wandering too! I’m very close to ordering one for my Laramie. Want better flow to my radiator and this looks the best for that. Might have to wrap the chrome afterwards to make it look right though.

Pristine1

Reaction score
So I had a 2019 Ram Laramie that is in the pics below. I had big plans that I was going to de-chrome it, change the grille, some performance things, add a 12in screen...And one after another, plans kept getting messed up. The breaking point was trying to put in the damn 12in screen, I ran into a 3 month snafu with and still didn't get it to work...I so happened to be scrolling the internet for parts for the trucks and then saw a pic that pretty red truck pictured below. 2021 Laramie, 12in screen, pano roof, 22in wheels and was a blackout edition. I called Ram and they said they would buy my truck outright.....yeah, I was down there the next day to pick up Diana! Honestly, the grille is just plastic and feels cheap to me.

Your aftermarket grille isn’t the TRX look alike. More l Iike the rebel. Probably made by same company though.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I ordered myself, it arrived, my dumbas$ forgot that I have a camera, so I sent it back.

Pristine1

Reaction score
I ordered one the other day. Will install Thursday most likely as long as it arrives on time and looks legit. Plan to do a tow test while we still have this Phoenix heat. That’s my main reason to test this grille out. It’s the most open grille I’ve seen so should help my cooling needs.

Pristine1

Reaction score
It came and I installed it tonight. I’ll update with some pictures and thoughts tomorrow as long as my day goes well. Tow test coming Saturday. Initially it looks pretty decent. The finish on it is very questionable though. Seems easily scratched. I probably will be wrapping this grille in a silver or gray anyways. Along with some of the other chrome. More to come…

Users who are viewing this thread