5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission falling out of Drive on downshift, blinking, displaying "shift to P" and back

Vulpes

Reaction score
Pulled throttle body used CRC throttle body cleaner. Reinstalled, drive, slip, crap. Hopefully, @RamCares figures it out soon.

Like I said in my previous post, all experiencing this put your truck in tow/haul mode. It changes the downshift point, and my truck has never done it in tow/haul mode. Not ideal be neither is getting rear-ended.
I know the TB cleaning had no effect, (bummer), but had another thought on air fuel mixture being off, causing RPMs to stumble at low speed/deceleration. How is your MAF? Might be gunked up after >100K mileage? At 57K, the interior of my intake manifold at 57K is coverded in oil...

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that there are two TSBs out: 08-093-22 for 2022 models and 18-091-22 is for 2021 models.
We would also like to look into this for our 2019 owners, so if you own a 2019 and are experiencing this issue, please send us a direct message!

Callie
Ram Cares

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that there are two TSBs out: 08-093-22 for 2022 models and 18-091-22 is for 2021 models.
We would also like to look into this for our 2019 owners, so if you own a 2019 and are experiencing this issue, please send us a direct message!

Callie
Ram Cares
Well, that's a step in the right direction I suppose, what about 2020....

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Reading the TSB the dealer should perform the flash if the customers complaint matches the one in the TSB. They may or may not argue the fact if they don't find the DTC code U0402 (Invalid Data Received From Transmission Control Module)

CDP110

Reaction score
Hey there,

Regarding the 2020, please still reach out to us. We'd like to look into this and at the very least document it.

Callie
Ram Cares
Thank you for finally answering your customers. We are the people who keep Ram strong. 😎😬

smashweights

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Callie
Ram Cares
DM sent

smashweights

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Callie
Ram Cares
If the quick Google search versions of those are correct, neither seems to be what folks are experiencing. The 2021 TSB seems to be for an engine stall issue?

Basen71

Reaction score
Well as you guys can see from my post early on my ram has had similar issues for the past 3 years…back at the dealer currently, apparently they “found a problem” they are replacing a gasket that is allowing a pressure drop between the torque converter and transmission…they said this is “definitely the problem” I’ve heard that before so we’ll see what happens when I get it back…

I’m my previous post I mentioned that I’ve signed on with the SLP lemon law lawyers that were mentioned earlier in the thread in case the fix doesn’t work…I’ll keep you guys posted!

Vulpes

Reaction score
I cleaned the TB on August 4, 2022, it is now September 7, 2022, and so far the truck has not decided to drop into neutral of its own accord. Was this the problem causing the computer to throw the truck into neutral? Maybe. I really want to see how it does on those cold mornings; <60 deg F, but will have to wait. Although, others had no success with cleaning the TB.

AlphaSheepDog

Reaction score
I have a 2019 with 34K miles and this is happening to me.

Mostly happens in the same spot. Get in the car after work and am waiting at a light after 2 stop signs. Light turns green and when I go to accelerate I get a thump and then have to run the transmission through the gears.

CDP110

Reaction score
I have a 2019 with 34K miles and this is happening to me.

Mostly happens in the same spot. Get in the car after work and am waiting at a light after 2 stop signs. Light turns green and when I go to accelerate I get a thump and then have to run the transmission through the gears.
Welcome to the problem. As it gets colder it will happen more at least that’s Wht happens to my 2019 bighorn

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
So the only fix for this is to clean the TB?

Vulpes

Reaction score
So the only fix for this is to clean the TB?
The best fix I found was, to not drive the truck ;). Cleaning the TB seems to be a mixed bag of results, I have almost two months of no drops into neutral after cleaning the TB. Other folks cleaned their TB and it immediately drops into neutral after the cleaning. After reading and re-reading this thread, even the parts-cannon, where the dealer replaces all kinds of parts, doesn't really seem to work either. So I dunno...

Coops561

Reaction score
Just had another failed attempt at dealership and Ram Customer care concerning my 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab failing out of drive and saying to put into park. Had it in the dealership 4 times in the past 2 months and escalated to stellanis customer care 2x. Both just shuffle you through, blame one another, then close the escalation and ticket and say here is your truck. Can' wait to see what they attempted this time. @RamCares please send TSB for 2019

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just had another failed attempt at dealership and Ram Customer care concerning my 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab failing out of drive and saying to put into park. Had it in the dealership 4 times in the past 2 months and escalated to stellanis customer care 2x. Both just shuffle you through, blame one another, then close the escalation and ticket and say here is your truck. Can' wait to see what they attempted this time. @RamCares please send TSB for 2019
Which TSB was it for this? I must have missed it

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Coops561,

We're sorry to hear about this experience and we'd love to look into it for you. Would you mind sending us your VIN to our DM's so we can look into this for you?

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread