5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing the new camper

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the tip...I'll look that up on FB.
You bet. There's actually a 22 Terra Rover up for $60.5k. Factory solar, GY tires, and some other popular upgrades. Heck of a deal, if y'all are looking. :LOL:

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have house batteries that could go back up there? There is a bike rack mount I've thought about modding to hold a cargo basket for stuff also. I think I have this one; above the jack head it detaches with a hitch pin.
1681831386951.png

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have house batteries that could go back up there? There is a bike rack mount I've thought about modding to hold a cargo basket for stuff also. I think I have this one; above the jack head it detaches with a hitch pin.
View attachment 156799
Our batteries are under the dinette in the front. We have two Battleborn 100ah up there now, and I've also stashed tools and ammo in the compartment. Might be a good way to convince my wife that we need to go up to a 600ah bank. :LOL:

Our bike rack on the rear is certainly the main culprit. We have a 1UP-USA Super Duty Double and two electric bikes that are around 160 lbs total at the back bumper.

My wife put the foot down on anything that obstructs the front window in any way. I've thought about seeing if I could find someone to fab a rack up for the Pelican case that would clear the ProPride jacks. One issue there is our propane storage and maintaining relatively easy access to those for refills.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any consideration to an under trailer storage system? Locate it towards the front for weight distribution? I know we spoke about the cargo rack a while back, but it's not conducive to your setup. I can't remember if this has been mentioned or not, forgive me if it has.
I've actually looked at that exact product. Unfortunately, yet again, our trailer being unique bites us in the *** a bit. :LOL:

There's a center frame rail that runs from the trailer tongue near the jack back to the brackets that support our holding tank.

Not sure if I comes through in these pictures, but we'd have to get something fabricated.

20230418_130429.jpg

20230418_130447.jpg

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New York City. We stayed at Skyline Drive In right on the East River in Brooklyn. Driving the rig through downtown Brooklyn was an experience. :LOL:

We went to Manhattan three different days while we were there. We saw most of the bigger points of interest. The 9/11 Memorial and Museum, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Plaza, and a lot more. We had pizza, cheesecake, hotdogs, and bagels. We saw a Broadway show and hit Times Square on Friday night, and grabbed dinner and dessert at Junior's.

20230416_150831.jpg

20230416_173423.jpg

20230416_202255.jpg

20230418_200752.jpg

20230419_224931.jpg

20230419_113234.jpg

20230419_134646.jpg

20230420_131247.jpg

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wait...were you boondocking in that parking lot?? Also, sounds like an amazing time!!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As I said, I'll keep updating here. We may end up hanging on to this one for a bit, though. We got a good deal and it's a pretty well optioned Lariat with the panoramic sunroof we wanted. Also, the diesel will tow anything we'd ever pull, so no hurry.

First things we need to knock out on the F-350 will be getting the ProPride adjusted and getting a new bed cover. We're trying to figure out a way to get another Diamondback HD on it as we loved that on the Ram. We may end up going with something else until we can mooch off of family to have that delivered.

Payload is now something I'll worry about for fun instead of staying within any numbers.

Ram:
PXL_20211231_173426248.jpg

F-350:
20230503_205432.jpg

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen lots of folks wage the half-ton towing wars with honor, grit, and determination for ages, only to eventually make the HD leap.

And for as many times as I've seen that happen, not once have I ever seen someone regret it.

Rather, everyone wishes in hindsight they'd done it sooner, and the full-time RV'rs say they can really focus more on the experiences.

Congrats!!

I hope it serves you as faithfully as your Ram has, and that you find time to occasionally continue providing updates & eye candy here for the rest of us to live vicariously through your travels.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen lots of folks wage the half-ton towing wars with honor, grit, and determination for ages, only to eventually make the HD leap.

And for as many times as I've seen that happen, not once have I ever seen someone regret it.

Rather, everyone wishes in hindsight they'd done it sooner, and the full-time RV'rs say they can really focus more on the experiences.

Congrats!!

I hope it serves you as faithfully as your Ram has, and that you find time to occasionally continue providing updates & eye candy here for the rest of us to live vicariously through your travels.
We really wanted to keep the Ram. We loved it and it did very well with the upgrades we made. We even test drove a 3500 Limited, but with the older cab, it just wasn't what we wanted.

I'm looking forward to getting rid of the feeling that I should stop every time I see a CAT scale just to "see where I'm at." :LOL:

I'm not looking forward to our first fillup. 💰

I probably won't even bother migrating to the Ford forums, as long as y'all will have me here.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck, hope it works well for you. I've felt the call of a heavy duty truck myself and it's not an easy thing to ignore lol.

That payload sticker. 😲

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another one bites the dust and goes HD lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread