5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing the new camper

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
KOA north of Richmond:

20230329_160241.jpg

20230329_160244.jpg

Harvest Host stay at The Battlefield Country Store west of Fredericksburg, VA:

20230402_104241.jpg

20230402_104146.jpg

This last tow we saw wind speeds of 25 mph, with gusts up to 38 mph. We could definitely feel the rig being pushed around and we did slow to 50 mph a few times, but it never felt unsafe. I can't recommend the ProPride enough. It kind of makes me wish we'd have started out with it to see how the rig would've handled before other mods.

Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
KOA north of Richmond:

View attachment 155783

View attachment 155784

Harvest Host stay at The Battlefield Country Store west of Fredericksburg, VA:

View attachment 155785

View attachment 155786

This last tow we saw wind speeds of 25 mph, with gusts up to 38 mph. We could definitely feel the rig being pushed around and we did slow to 50 mph a few times, but it never felt unsafe. I can't recommend the ProPride enough. It kind of makes me wish we'd have started out with it to see how the rig would've handled before other mods.
That is awesome! Can't wait to get our camper out of storage once this snow melts. The family is itching for it.

Did you sell your Andersen hitch?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is awesome! Can't wait to get our camper out of storage once this snow melts. The family is itching for it.
We've been doing a lot of city type stays recently. Will feel good to get up north more and feel like we're camping again! :LOL:
Did you sell your Andersen hitch?
We did.

runamuck

Reaction score
what do you guys typically do for pump out after staying a while at one of the Harvest Host locations

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
what do you guys typically do for pump out after staying a while at one of the Harvest Host locations
We're generally hitting Harvest Host stops on the weekends before going to a campground, so we usually dump when we pull in or get to our site. In the few instances where we've been dry camping for extended periods of time, the Harvest Hosts app shows dump stations, so we'll find something on our route.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cosca Regional Park in Maryland outside of DC.

Section 60 at Arlington was particularly tough, but glad I was able to spend some time there.

20230403_092611.jpg

20230408_171748.jpg

20230407_102056.jpg

20230407_115216.jpg

20230407_115355.jpg

Installed the Rotopax cans on the trailer's rear bumper and knocked out a couple smaller projects. Also got a good amount of hiking in and processed a bunch of firewood with the new axe.

20230404_152657.jpg

20230405_193520.jpg

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We've also started looking for a used 2017+ F250/F350. If we can find a good deal on a Lariat or King Ranch, we're going to move on it until Ram updates their HD trucks.

We're wanting a bigger generator, bigger battery bank, and a roof full of solar. With us pushing GVWR on the 1500, it's time to move up, but we're not willing to go without a panoramic roof. In an HD truck, that means Ford.

Bavet

Reaction score
We've also started looking for a used 2017+ F250/F350. If we can find a good deal on a Lariat or King Ranch, we're going to move on it until Ram updates their HD trucks.

We're wanting a bigger generator, bigger battery bank, and a roof full of solar. With us pushing GVWR on the 1500, it's time to move up, but we're not willing to go without a panoramic roof. In an HD truck, that means Ford.
If you move to a Ford, will you continue to post your adventures here?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you move to a Ford, will you continue to post your adventures here?
Yep, definitely.

If we get a Ford, we're only planning to keep it until Ram updates the HD trucks, and then we'll be back in a Ram.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Harvest Host stay. Midnight Oil Brewing Company in Newark, DE.

20230409_174218.jpg

20230409_174131.jpg

Had to pull off at a travel plaza somewhere in Deleware for a couple meetings. Every stop can't be a winner. :LOL:

20230410_140452.jpg

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We went to a Ford dealer to look at a 2019 F250 we liked, but it sold last night. While we were there we got a look at a used F250 Tremor and a 2023 F350. We've talked it over, and have decided we're going to go ahead and put an order in for a new F350 Tremor.

We still have some research to do, and probably won't put the order in until we can secure the right incentives, but looks like that's the direction we'll be going. It's a truck we looked at before we decided to start smaller and went with the Ram and the Tremor package will complement the Rover package on our trailer.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We went to a Ford dealer to look at a 2019 F250 we liked, but it sold last night. While we were there we got a look at a used F250 Tremor and a 2023 F350. We've talked it over, and have decided we're going to go ahead and put an order in for a new F350 Tremor.

We still have some research to do, and probably won't put the order in until we can secure the right incentives, but looks like that's the direction we'll be going. It's a truck we looked at before we decided to start smaller and went with the Ram and the Tremor package will complement the Rover package on our trailer.

7.3 or diesel?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
7.3 or diesel?
I think we're going to go with the diesel, mostly to give us room to grow if we decide on a bigger trailer at some point.

I also thought I remembered that you could order the King Ranch with the Tremor package, but don't see it as an option on their site.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think we're going to go with the diesel, mostly to give us room to grow if we decide on a bigger trailer at some point.

I also thought I remembered that you could order the King Ranch with the Tremor package, but don't see it as an option on their site.

I'm still a Cummins guy when it comes to diesel, but I have been looking closely at the 7.3, that engine is a beast as far as gas goes.

The Tremor is a nice package too, great choice there.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still a Cummins guy when it comes to diesel, but I have been looking closely at the 7.3, that engine is a beast as far as gas goes.

The Tremor is a nice package too, great choice there.
I have very little experience with diesel engines, so will definitely be going with Granger and their extended warranty.

The Tremor seems right up my alley. Would've been cool to have that when we were doing BLM stays in Moab. We're probably going to end up back in that area next winter, though.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Received a quote from Granger on an F-350 Tremor build, and it was higher than I thought it'd be. With Ford not offering any incentives on the Super Duties, we're going to be waiting until the 2024s open up to see if pricing is any better. If not, maybe Ram will update their freaking HD cabs. :LOL:

So, looks like we're going to be waiting at least until next year to move to a bigger truck.

After putting some more miles on the current setup, it still feels pretty good overall. I always feel in control and the rig feels solid, especially with wind and semis passing. But, I'm still getting what feels like light tongue weight in the rear of the truck.

I'm thinking that moving my Pelican case off the tongue to install the ProPride is affecting it more than I thought it would. Currently brainstorming some ideas for what I can get on the tongue to get it balanced out. I might move the generator to the tongue if I can figure that out, or mount a metal tool box there. With the distribution jacks for the ProPride being right in the middle of the frame rails, I'm hurting for space to do a whole lot.

We're also going to try running with less water in the tank, and been thinking about adding some Bilstein 5100s and the TufTruck 1211 springs.

Pelican case on the tongue:
20221211_155312.jpg

What I'm working with now:
20230214_140236.jpg

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This has, without a doubt, become my favorite thread on this forum. I love the pics and feel like you are teaching me so much as my wife and I are considering a similar set up. BTW if you do ever sell that trailer please let me know. Keep it coming!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This has, without a doubt, become my favorite thread on this forum. I love the pics and feel like you are teaching me so much as my wife and I are considering a similar set up. BTW if you do ever sell that trailer please let me know. Keep it coming!
Appreciate it. This has definitely been a learning experience for us, and I'm happy to share that. That's why I'll be sticking around here, even when we move to a different truck. We started this whole thing here.

I think we're in this trailer for the long haul. But, I'll say that there's a FB group for this specific model and I see them pop up from time to time when someone goes to a class A or 5th wheel.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Appreciate it. This has definitely been a learning experience for us, and I'm happy to share that. That's why I'll be sticking around here, even when we move to a different truck. We started this whole thing here.

I think we're in this trailer for the long haul. But, I'll say that there's a FB group for this specific model and I see them pop up from time to time when someone goes to a class A or 5th wheel.
Ah, thanks for the tip...I'll look that up on FB.

Users who are viewing this thread