5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing the new camper

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got the Timber Grove bags and Hellwig sway bar in yesterday. Easy installs in a buddy's garage with some extra help. Won't be towing with them until next weekend, but unloaded they feel great. Truck feels firm and doesn't float around on me anymore. Also doesn't seem to bounce around as much with three of us jumping on the rear end.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the Timber Grove bags and Hellwig sway bar in yesterday. Easy installs in a buddy's garage with some extra help. Won't be towing with them until next weekend, but unloaded they feel great. Truck feels firm and doesn't float around on me anymore. Also doesn't seem to bounce around as much with three of us jumping on the rear end.
I hope you took some photos of the install! We want to see em! 😃

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, didn't get any pictures. Did the install with my two best friends that I don't get to see as much as I'd like. Spent most of our time shooting the ****.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Towed for the first time with the Hellwig sway bar and Timber Grove airbags. Huge difference with those and the tires. The rear end doesn't wiggle or bounce much at all.

I still need to make some adjustments with the airbags and the Andersen WDH, but once I get it dialed in, I'm confident I'll be set.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Towed for the first time with the Hellwig sway bar and Timber Grove airbags. Huge difference with those and the tires. The rear end doesn't wiggle or bounce much at all.

I still need to make some adjustments with the airbags and the Andersen WDH, but once I get it dialed in, I'm confident I'll be set.
Glad to hear the upgrades helped!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sooo no 3500 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think we'll still eventually upgrade. We're still traveling fairly light because of payload. I want an aux fuel tank because we'd rather do rest stops than gas stations, a bigger generator now that we're in a bigger trailer, solar and lithium that'll run the whole rig including A/C for some time, etc.

My buddies who helped with the install both have Ram 2500s and they definitely had me thinking about it again lol. But, still want to wait for an updated HD.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not really any pictures to post, but we stayed at a Harvest Host in San Angelo called The Gin and Granary. Good food and too much alcohol.

Also spent a couple weeks in San Antonio spending time with my two best friends from the military days. Got sick and didn't do much after that.

Spending this week doing some maintenance and organizing, giving the truck a much needed detail, and trying to dial in the WDH and airbags.

Also bumped the tires up to 65 psi. Rides a good bit stiffer now. Great when the roads aren't bad, but can definitely feel it a lot more when they are.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I showed my wife these pictures, she is now planning a 2024 trip w/ the camper.
Glad I could help. :LOL:

Also, I really need to update this thread. Been busy through the holidays visiting and wrapping up project at work and on the rig.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
SnowBlaZR2, excellent thread on safely towing max truck weight+ with trailer.

My question is about the Cooper AT3 LT275/55-20 tires you installed that replaced the Bridgestone Dueler that came with the truck. Are these Cooper tires as quiet as the BS Dueler driving 65+ mph?? How many miles on the Dueler tires when replaced?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SnowBlaZR2, excellent thread on safely towing max truck weight+ with trailer.
Appreciate it. I just picked up a tongue weight scale, so should be set up about perfectly by the time I get around to getting the whole rig on the scales and can post a real update.
My question is about the Cooper AT3 LT275/55-20 tires you installed that replaced the Bridgestone Dueler that came with the truck. Are these Cooper tires as quiet as the BS Dueler driving 65+ mph?? How many miles on the Dueler tires when replaced?
I think we had about 11k or so on the truck when we swapped tires.

I haven't noticed any difference in road noise between the two with 60 psi in the front and 65 psi in the rear. I'm half deaf, but my wife isn't and she hasn't complained about it.

Users who are viewing this thread